How do you defeat a Droid team?

Prev1
Flave50
33 posts Member
I recently cracked the top 20, but it's filled with Droids led by HK47.

Replies

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Speed and DPS. Kill 88 first.
  • Flave50
    33 posts Member
    I'm running QGJ leader with Lumi, Sid, RG, and GS.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Eeth Koth is a great toon against droids if you have him
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Focus 88, then 86, then humbling blow Poe when he taunts, then hk, then poggle. Works every time for me.
  • Deist wrote: »
    How can he be a great toon against droids? With his speed, by the time he have his turn the whole droid team unloaded already and won te game! Is there something IDK?

• aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    QGJ (Leader)/Eeth Koth / Lumi / Yoda / Aahsoka
    Before droids move, you'll have Yoda cast "Battle Meditation" to resist Poe.
    Then Stun 1 Droid, kill another, game won
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • GajoNikado wrote: »
    Deist wrote: »
    How can he be a great toon against droids? With his speed, by the time he have his turn the whole droid team unloaded already and won te game! Is there something IDK?

An Eeth Koth with QGJ lead moves before Poe and even GS.

I agree with the rest, kill the IG's first. And try to replace sid in your squad for a dps hero (Rey, Ig86, Resistance Pilot).

So in other words, Eeth Koth is worthless against droid team. However, if you have QGJ, which you can only get from cantina shipments and can take a while to star up, and you choose to put him as a leader, Eeth Koth is a possible toon to have.

I say that because my priority is Old Daka so i didn't went for QGJ 1st. And when you look at Eeth that way, he is not that good against "droid teams".

So saying "Eeth Koth is a great toon against droids" is not the same as saying "Eeth Koth is a great toon against a Droid Team", which have Poe and Poggle. And we are talking here about how to defeat a droid team, not just droids, i think...
    GajoNikado wrote: »

So in other words, Eeth Koth is worthless against droid team. However, if you have QGJ, which you can only get from cantina shipments and can take a while to star up, and you choose to put him as a leader, Eeth Koth is a possible toon to have.

I say that because my priority is Old Daka so i didn't went for QGJ 1st. And when you look at Eeth that way, he is not that good against "droid teams".

So saying "Eeth Koth is a great toon against droids" is not the same as saying "Eeth Koth is a great toon against a Droid Team", which have Poe and Poggle. And we are talking here about how to defeat a droid team, not just droids, i think...

OP said he uses a QGJ lead, so for him Eeth Koth will be ok. I don't like Eeth Koth too much, but you asked how he could move before droids.
  • Flave50
    33 posts Member
    GajoNikado wrote: »

I agree with the rest, kill the IG's first. And try to replace sid in your squad for a dps hero (Rey, Ig86, Resistance Pilot).

I don't know if I have the balls yet to pull my 7* Sid for my 6* IG 86
  • Flave50
    33 posts Member
    And my Koth is only a 3*. I guess I'm doomed to hang in the 30s.
  • You can also try Jawa, or Old Ben.

My suggestion? QGJ (Lead, hopefully maxed), Koth, Ben, Jawa, Daka.

Qui-Gon Jinn, even if you only boost his leader passive, will help you. If he manages to survive, he can get rid of Poe's taunt and call in a few assists. As previously stated, Koth will gain the speed boost, even if QGJ dies, and will probably do about as much damage as the Jawa, maybe a little more or less. Jawa would be a good character because if I remember correctly (feel free to say if I'm wrong), he can stun some of the droids, and inflicts more damage with more debuffs. Koth will inflict defense down and stun with both his Basic and Special, fueling Jawa further, who's already a hard hitter on non-Droids. As for Ben, he has the potential to ability block all of the team, or at least a few droids. Even if he dies, he grants your team a couple of buffs. Finally, Daka is just for convenience. If you were already working on her, then use her. She can stun one droid and potentially another in one turn, as well as revive + heal your teammates with her special. No need to use her leader passive, though, since there's obviously no Nightsisters but her.

Hope this helps man, and if you can't beat the Droid team, you can always go for the Speed Meta, which is:
    QGJ (Lead), Yoda, Rey, RG, GS. Those guys will crush your enemies and leave them wondering where they went wrong.

P.S. If you can't get Yoda quickly, just use an OP healer.
  • I usually beat droid teams with my regular arena squad:
    -7*Sid(leader) - I wish i had Doku, but he is still 4 stars :(
    -7*GS
    -7*Lumi
    -7*Resistance Pilot
    -6* Old Daka

Sid and GS goes before the droid team so i focus IG-88 1st, then i deal with POE while IG-86 and GS kills my Old Daka and nearly kill someone else, then i use the Lumi's heal and murder them all, starting with the weaker IG-86 and the dangerous GS. Usually end up with 4 heroes, 80% of life each.

There is alot of talk about how Eith Koth is awesome against the droids, but he sux really. Actually i think something is wrong with him as i have the impression(could be in my head) he doesn't really hit the droids harder at all.
    There is alot of talk about how Eith Koth is awesome against the droids, but he sux really. Actually i think something is wrong with him as i have the impression(could be in my head) he doesn't really hit the droids harder at all.

That's because EK doesn't hit droids harder. He has a small increase in crit chance + crit damage (tops at 35% chance at ability lvl 7!), a chance to apply ability block with his special (if not resisted, and almost useless) and a chance to defense down with his main attack (if not resisted). If nothing procs (and chances are nothing will), then you get his regular pillow hit.
  • QGJ as leader and droids are gone. KIll IG-86 first. He is much scarier than IG-88. 88 is the second target and gg.
  • X0160768 wrote: »
    Focus 88, then 86, then humbling blow Poe when he taunts, then hk, then poggle. Works every time for me.

I kill poggle before HK because the HK self-rez is annoying.
  • I have a ver fast team and no problems with droids.
    Leader QGJ
    Ashoka
    Luminara
    Barris
    StormTroer Han

All jedis except Barris attack first, so IG 88 is erradicated (Ashoka and QGJ do that) then Lumi use the special on Poe to block the taunt and Han absorb the rest of the damage. At the end of first turn, usually is an easy 4 vs 3 battle. next move remove the improved attack from any of their living toons ang all your team get the extra damaged.
    Good luck
    May the Chromiun packs be with you
  • Thanks for the help everyone. I found that it's very easy around the same level, but a little more complicated over 5 levels difference. I've noticed more droid teams are dropping Poe for GS now.
  • Jedi teams usually have a better advantage against droid teams.

I run an aggressive team with phasma, dooku, sidious, daka, and luminara for support. It's a hit or miss. If they have GS, i just try to control them with stuns and take out Poe before his taunt gets in my way of slay their team. Speed and stuns is key to defeating them.
  • Well it's working. I cracked the top 10 in arena before payout tonight and I am only at level 64. I targeted a level 68 with GS instead of Poe and treated them like step children.
  • i also have no problem with droid teams
    my team: QGJ(lead)/lumi/yoda/dooku/savage
    first i kill ig88 then 86. after this.it doesn't matter.anymore
  • You need to have some kind of burst damage, crowd control and / or a taunt. Against a pure droid team (no Dooku) lead, I find it to be rather easy for my team. 88 must go down first. If you have a tank, taunt as soon as you can or 86 might burst somebody down. If you have a way to clear Poe's taunt (if they're using Poe) that will help a lot.
  • 2 things, speed and killing 88 before a taunt
  • Droid teams are laughably weak. Stun, ability block, or just simply have the tank power to resist the first round or speed/damage to kill the important ones first. All the droid teams are the same. There's more counters to them than I could even list. Ability block 88, assist kill 86.
  • I'm using the new META, Dooku (L), Lumi, GS, Phasma and Sid

In my shard there's only one guy that uses a droid team but he switches to Poggle as lead from time to time, what i do is i stun (if lucky) 88 if it didn't land i use GS assist call on 88 (it will kill him but 90% of the time he'll be left with about 10% of it's health) then ability block 86 then the rest is easy.

I hope the new update comes as early as expected, i'm sick of using the meta even though i want to use a variety it just couldn't keep up so i found myself using it too, quite tired of it honestly
  • 88 is squishier, so 86 might not get cut down before a taunt from Poe or RG. A poggle assist usually gets rid of 88. If paired with Poe, 88's AOE will do massive dmg with the expose. With my lineup mentioned above, I lose a toon in rd. one to 86 or Geo maybe a third of the time. If I do, it's still 4x4, and Lumi heals the rest entering into rd. 2 with the opponent on cooldown.
    If you run QGJ as leader, you will have atleast 3 characters to move faster before any of opponents droid team character. You will defeat IG-86 for sure, otherwise he is doing a certain kill. When i fight droid teams, their 86 an 88 are down before they making a move.
    Also i haven't met a droid team with Royal guard yet. They all run HK-47 or Poggle for leader and Poe for tanking. Poe is not viable if you ask me. He lands only 1-2 exposes. And for who, when opponents damage dealers are already down?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    You don't have to kill 88 first, anymore, necessarily.

QGJ non-lead and RG, and 3 decent DPS/support that have good health. Including maybe Lumi for the one heal you may need and a strong hit.

RG keeps most/all of your toons alive after the first wave. Your RG is probably taunting for the next round, and a droid team has no way around this, after both their AOE's are spent.

The only question left is did 88 pull off ability block on your key dudes. If not, you will probably win. Some of yoru toons will be on life support, but RG will protect them long enough to make your comeback.

With his first move, GQJ (hopefully not blocked) humbles poe and gives offense up. Now you take out 86, first, because 88 already spent his AOE. Then 88. Well if you got that far, you won, already.

I think lumi will probably need to heal on her second move, rather than first. You will probably have lost RG by now, and maybe one other toon, no problem. Compared to the droid team losing 86 and 88 and having no healing, you're in good shape.