Arena Advice needed

Just hit rank 8. I could have been higher but i lost couple of games :( . My question is:
How can i beat the squads which are at rank 3-7?
Ok i am lvl 53 and here is my squad
Lumi 5* almost6, VII gear (L)
Sid 5* almost6, Gear VII
DM 4* Gear VII
JC 4* almost 5*, Gear VII
Ima Gun Di 4*, Gear VII
all lvl 53
my back up squad is
Asajj 3* lvl 53 gear VII
Talia 4* almost 5* 53lvl gear VII
Phasma 3* lvl 53 gear VII
Any advice ? I am thinking of farming JC for now and after i finish my Lumi i go for Phasma as Ima gun di replacement. After sid i go for asajj to replace DM. Any thoughts ?

Replies

• I would recommend you to keep on farming JC, if you star him up (which is very easy) he will be pretty good. Assajj is (one of the) slowest toon(s) in the game, IG-88 (or Savage) are better options from arena shipments. I think Phasma's main power is in her leader skill, and you should use Sidious/Luminara as leader, so I would recommend IG-86 from GW shipment, but if you feel safer with Phasma go for her.
  • id go full jedi team and gun-di as leader
  • with +25% counter to all jedi you could kill 1 character who uses aoe before you even start your turns
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    Just hit rank 8. I could have been higher but i lost couple of games :( . My question is:
    How can i beat the squads which are at rank 3-7?
    Ok i am lvl 53 and here is my squad
    Lumi 5* almost6, VII gear (L)
    Sid 5* almost6, Gear VII
    DM 4* Gear VII
    JC 4* almost 5*, Gear VII
    Ima Gun Di 4*, Gear VII
    all lvl 53
    my back up squad is
    Asajj 3* lvl 53 gear VII
    Talia 4* almost 5* 53lvl gear VII
    Phasma 3* lvl 53 gear VII
    Any advice ? I am thinking of farming JC for now and after i finish my Lumi i go for Phasma as Ima gun di replacement. After sid i go for asajj to replace DM. Any thoughts ?

I think at that level of competition it's more down to knowing the weakness of their teams and how does the AI use their team and how can you counter. At way lower ranks the difference is star levels, gear and available toons. You are in the big leagues those toons are well developed. Probably develop the best team you have. You are behind on stars on sid and JC that's one weakness on the team and maybe have a backup for DM that is not so easy to kill
  • moszkito
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    moszkito wrote: »
    I would recommend you to keep on farming JC, if you star him up (which is very easy) he will be pretty good. Assajj is (one of the) slowest toon(s) in the game, IG-88 (or Savage) are better options from arena shipments. I think Phasma's main power is in her leader skill, and you should use Sidious/Luminara as leader, so I would recommend IG-86 from GW shipment, but if you feel safer with Phasma go for her.

Oh and i forgot to say, that Assajj's Strike Fear can be useful againt teams with taunt, but on higher levels a very few people use taunters.

And more pros on IG-88. Healing Immunity and Ability Block can be very useful. Its unique ability, Adaptive Aim Algorithm ("– IG-88 has +45% Critical Damage and deals 20% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect.") with Sid's leader ability and demorailizing blows is quite crazy.