Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    You are just a regular ray of sunshine aren't you just? As for 5) - Aren't we communicating right now through this forum? This is some sort of interaction you know. What would change if it is implemented in the game? :smile: Do you think people will ask for your phone number, a picture with you or your home address? :smiley: An in-game chat is a breath of fresh air and it will only tome down the misanthropy in some of us. Just let it happen, let it happen.
  • imo, assuming you do hate the idea of guilds. Just join a random guild and get rewards. No one is forcing you to communicate. Who knows, you may find your new band of bros :)
    The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead. It is fitting that you came here
    [Sith of The First Order , SotFO]
  • If you don't want to join a guild I think there must be something wrong with you
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    You are just a regular ray of sunshine aren't you just? As for 5) - Aren't we communicating right now through this forum? This is some sort of interaction you know. What would change if it is implemented in the game? :smile: Do you think people will ask for your phone number, a picture with you or your home address? :smiley: An in-game chat is a breath of fresh air and it will only tome down the misanthropy in some of us. Just let it happen, let it happen.

Yes i am! :P
    Forums are differen't. People won't get mad or lose rewards if i don't have time to post for 1 day. Neither i'll lose anything if people can't post at the same time that i'm able too.
    I still don't know how they'll be implemented but from what Jesse said, i'm 90% sure that the new 50 pieces of gear will be only obtainable by guild currency and that the new rancor boss would be a guild event that will require people to join guild and fight together (even if someone's play time is some other's midnight sleeping time). And don't forget that the guild update delayed the fortitude (hero balance) update. :#
  • Chun
    52 posts Member
    I can pretty much guarantee raids won't require people to play together real time. It will be a raid window open and people use their attacks when they log on, the same as most mobile games. Some people just like to moan for the sake of moaning!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea guild leader has a lot of responsibility, he has to be very active. But i think members too. I really don't know about rancor fights, it's just speculation at this point.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    trellent wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Again, I'm not sure how you can stand the forums, or the Internet for that matter, if the type of people you describe bother you so much. Truly elite guilds can clear end game content and regulate themselves to foster a fun gaming environment.

Forum and internet interaction levels are under the user's control. You can lurk as much as you want. Post if you want. Skip it any time you want. It's not in your face while you're trying to play the game. You're not going to get kicked from the forum if you don't make some minimum number of posts every day.

There are guilds that cater to virtually every play style. In every single game I've ever played there have been hardcore and casual guilds. I highly doubt this game will be any different. As with almost everything else in life you will mostly likely get out of the guild what you put into it.
    1) I am not anti guilds, I belong and have started guilds in several games.
    2) In almost all others I've played the guild aspect doesn't functionally change the solo experience. At the worst it slows your progress, ie: in a guild 10 level 20 players can group a level 50 area and share the rewards and experience, or a solo person can wait till they are level 60 and solo it keeping all rewards and experience. And a mmorpg this game ain't.
    3)The difference with this games guild platform from what I read in Jesse's explanation, a solo character will have no chance at receiving some of the mats required for leveling characters, it comes from this exciting new mode. I know of no other game that only allows a character building mat to be gained only by guild activities. <
    that is my problem with how I understand the guild system is going to work. Some of you gripe about the pre crafting gap. This change will bring the impossible to craft gap.

Why is this important?

There are players who don't like guilds and started this game that had no guild structure mentioned in any app description, well now they are going to be forced to either join a guild or your progress will be stopped. Some of you on this forum gripe about gear changes making some gear unobtainable for some and it unbalances the game and hurts the poor guys who don't go to the forums and know about these changes. Yet you seem perfectly fine with a mode that can do just that on steroids. All I'm doing is pointing this out.

In every MMO I've ever played the solo player was 100% gated from obtaining the current top tier of gear. The applies to both PvE and PvP gear sets (although in some games they were one in the same stat wise). Even solo players who pugged raids rarely progressed far enough to obtain full sets. Much of that content required a certain level of competence and proficiency that you just can't get in a pug. It is guilds that complete that content and obtain the best gear. While this is obviously not a true MMO, it shares enough similarities to draw comparisons.

That being said we have no idea if CG intends these upper tiers of gear to function much the same way as raid gear in MMOs. We have no idea if they will gate the current top tier of gear and then release it to solo players when they open a new tier. We have no idea if they intend to simultaneously have a separate path for gearing. We don't know much.

That all being said, I highly doubt this game will ever require any serious level of commitment from players to progress. The raids will most likely not require players to simultaneously be online or coordinate their efforts. It will in all likely hood be a simple totaling of damage done at the end of the event. I fully anticipate casual players to be able to progress. If you (I say that in general terms, not specifically to you) refuse to play cooperatively with others because you don't want to for any reason, that is on you.
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    GiranKenor wrote: »
    If you don't want to join a guild I think there must be something wrong with you

I'm pretty sure narrow-minded comments like this, and the many others like it, only poison people further from joining a guild.

A genuine issue has been raised and the lack of empathy from the majority of the pro-guild community is terrible.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

There will be some things that you can only acquire through Guilds. It'll be pretty easy to join a Guild though, so don't let it scare you away from them!

This is the only official response to a similar question that I can find. Nothing in detail.

I'm pretty sure being in a guild will benefit you......in a progression sense. I guess once the full notes are released, you will know if/how much of an advantage you will gain being part of a guild.
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Never fear I have a plan to start the guild for those who don't want to be in a guild. Requirements will be everyone needs to be against guilds and we can meet up to discuss our distain for group activities. I think it should be a real success.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Chun wrote: »
    I can pretty much guarantee raids won't require people to play together real time. It will be a raid window open and people use their attacks when they log on, the same as most mobile games. Some people just like to moan for the sake of moaning!

Moan for the sake of moaning? So being unable to progress further in game (50 pieces gear requirement being guild restricted) is just for the sake of moaning? People have legitimate concerns...
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Guilds is simply another revenue generating feature of the game. Don't want to play with a guild? Excellent idea, just spend $$$ and you'll be just fine.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Zetto wrote: »
    Guilds is simply another revenue generating feature of the game. Don't want to play with a guild? Excellent idea, just spend $$$ and you'll be just fine.

How would ships or any other new feature in place of guilds not be revenue generating? This is a f2p game run on micro transactions.....
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ElToro wrote: »
    ElToro wrote: »
    OMG, I'll have my own guild, im not sure on the name yet but I'm sure it will be badas, and everyone is welcomed to join it

Did you know your avatar is a picture of someone, who I assume is you, kissing someone? Interesting choice.

Yes I'm aware ever since i put it there, and yes you assume right, that's me and my gf

Interesting.
  • I just had an idea: Co-op galactic war between two guild members and you could extend that mode to 24
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I really don't understand why this is such a problem.
    For a start, the Omega mats are not related to guilds in any way as explained by Jesse, they will be availble once we hit lvl 80.
    Secondly, you are not being forced to join a guild, similarly to completing GW or not trying it benefits you to be in a guild, it will open up shipment characters.

The only way guilds could be mandatory is if you require more than 1 player to actually compete in a raid (guild of 1 being useless), which won't happen. Suck it up, or stop playing, this is what is happening and this is what so many have wanted for so long.
    {RotE}
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LaLiam wrote: »
    For a start, the Omega mats are not related to guilds in any way as explained by Jesse, they will be availble once we hit lvl 80.
    Secondly, you are not being forced to join a guild, similarly to completing GW or not trying it benefits you to be in a guild, it will open up shipment characters.

The only way guilds could be mandatory is if you require more than 1 player to actually compete in a raid (guild of 1 being useless), which won't happen. Suck it up, or stop playing, this is what is happening and this is what so many have wanted for so long.

You are wrong. You are forced to join a guild, that's why people don't like it. I would supporting guilds if it was just another feature to obtain gear easier, but not if it's the only way to obtain some things. They are just forcing it down some people's throats.

There will be some things that you can only acquire through Guilds. It'll be pretty easy to join a Guild though, so don't let it scare you away from them!
  • I feel a disturbance in the Force. @EA_Jesse talks too much with us. :D :P
  • The last game I played before this was Shop heroes, when they made guild membership mandatory to gain access to all the content in game I managed to keep playing 2 weeks before never opening the app again.

The thing is and with as much respect as I can muster, I hate people, Yes you too whoever bothered reading this and i'm quite content with the idea that you hate me too. people are as appealing as acid excreting fungus on my boot.

Here is hoping for an ingame Diogenes Club.
  • I feel a disturbance in the Force. @EA_Jesse talks too much with us. :D :P

LOL. Same thoughts here.
    I'm used to think of EA as an Empire with Sid at the center of the web. By that analogy, @EA_Jesse may have just switched sides from Dark to Light a-la Vader seeing his son about to be killed.

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The last game I played before this was Shop heroes, when they made guild membership mandatory to gain access to all the content in game I managed to keep playing 2 weeks before never opening the app again.

The thing is and with as much respect as I can muster, I hate people, Yes you too whoever bothered reading this and i'm quite content with the idea that you hate me too. people are as appealing as acid excreting fungus on my boot.

No @Jumbopeanuts . I love you.
    tumblr_o2pylpm3Ma1v4illoo1_500.gif
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »

You are wrong. You are forced to join a guild, that's why people don't like it. I would supporting guilds if it was just another feature to obtain gear easier, but not if it's the only way to obtain some things. They are just forcing it down some people's throats.

It is not mandatory to join a guild, only if you want shipment rewards ect from being part of a guild.

Forced suggests you have to join a guild or you can no longer play any of the game, please revise your definitions before telling others they're wrong.
    {RotE}
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    The last game I played before this was Shop heroes, when they made guild membership mandatory to gain access to all the content in game I managed to keep playing 2 weeks before never opening the app again.

I love Dennis Quaid.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »

I love Dennis Quaid.

As well you should!
  • LaLiam wrote: »

It is not mandatory to join a guild, only if you want shipment rewards ect from being part of a guild.

Forced suggests you have to join a guild or you can no longer play any of the game, please revise your definitions before telling others they're wrong.

You are prevaricating over a trivial dictionary definition rather than addressing the point.

The developers are presenting a non choice. participate in social interaction however limited that may be or be disadvantaged. For some percentage of the player base neither of those are appealing options and there is of course only one you can choose and continue playing. Whether you want to call someone in that situation forced or some near synonym like compelled, obligated or necessitated is entirely irrelevant.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Being one of the founding members of TNR with @aspenstar I can add that for me, the Guild has kept me in the game. The people are great in our Guild and having this feature adds to the fun as it's nice to have the social side of the game, which is one of the best parts truthfully!!

As far as not being in a guild, I feel players can still stay competitive without the feature. Sure, there will be specials offered to the Guilds clearly, but they can't offer things that would make the Guild members OP in Arena and other single player areas, that wouldn't make sense!!!!
    Post edited by ioniancat21 on
  • LaLiam wrote: »

You are prevaricating over a trivial dictionary definition rather than addressing the point.

The developers are presenting a non choice. participate in social interaction however limited that may be or be disadvantaged. For some percentage of the player base neither of those are appealing options and there is of course only one you can choose and continue playing. Whether you want to call someone in that situation forced or some near synonym like compelled, obligated or necessitated is entirely irrelevant.

You are the 1% and EA doesn't care about the 1%.
    I had the same issue in World of Warcraft when they introduced Guild Rewards/Perks. I was always in a guild with only myself, because that's how I preferred it.

Sorry about your issue though.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    In every MMO I've ever played the solo player was 100% gated from obtaining the current top tier of gear.
    This is generally true: those "M"s are there for a reason. But there are exceptions. I played one smaller MMO where solo players could do just fine. This was even on the PC, not mobile.
    That being said we have no idea if CG intends these upper tiers of gear to function much the same way as raid gear in MMOs. We have no idea if they will gate the current top tier of gear and then release it to solo players when they open a new tier. We have no idea if they intend to simultaneously have a separate path for gearing. We don't know much.

That all being said, I highly doubt this game will ever require any serious level of commitment from players to progress. The raids will most likely not require players to simultaneously be online or coordinate their efforts. It will in all likely hood be a simple totaling of damage done at the end of the event. I fully anticipate casual players to be able to progress. If you (I say that in general terms, not specifically to you) refuse to play cooperatively with others because you don't want to for any reason, that is on you.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. It's too soon to judge. And they don't have much incentive to exclude people who don't want to be in guilds.
    If it is required to get "goodies" then you will see a lot of "null guilds" spring up where people join just to get the goodies and otherwise there is no real guild. Seen that before in other games.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Any guesses? I hope leia or maul
    Any guesses on how many shards a day it will give?
  • I am guessing Maul, Aayla, Tarkin and Rex.

I am guessing it will give 10 shards a day.

I like guessing. It soothes me.