Poggle or HK-47 as leader in a droid squad?

Searched for this in the forums but didn't come up with anything. My squad is:
- 6* IG-86
- 6* IG-88
- 5* IG-100
- 4* HK-47
- 4* Poggle

All max level and gear level 6-7. I just got HK and Poggle - wondering whose leader ability is better and which to upgrade. I'm leaning toward HK because of the 30% crit chance and turn meter bonus but Poggle would be exempt as he's not a droid.

Also, if anyone has experience running this type of squad and can comment on the viability of running no healers/taunts in PVP that would be great. I have a few good characters to sub in if needed:
- 6* Fives (probably my best overall character)
- 5* Sidious
- 5* Consular
- Luminara, Cad Bane, Vader, etc.

Cheers!

Replies

• Searched for this in the forums but didn't come up with anything. My squad is:
    - 6* IG-86
    - 6* IG-88
    - 5* IG-100
    - 4* HK-47
    - 4* Poggle

All max level and gear level 6-7. I just got HK and Poggle - wondering whose leader ability is better and which to upgrade. I'm leaning toward HK because of the 30% crit chance and turn meter bonus but Poggle would be exempt as he's not a droid.

Also, if anyone has experience running this type of squad and can comment on the viability of running no healers/taunts in PVP that would be great. I have a few good characters to sub in if needed:
    - 6* Fives (probably my best overall character)
    - 5* Sidious
    - 5* Consular
    - Luminara, Cad Bane, Vader, etc.

Cheers!

You run HK47 period, Poggle is just there for his buff it does not matter if he dies after that. As per your second question, I've run Dooku to a fair amount of success but switched to Daka as is fast and can heal through the first wave of damage meaning my droids can actually survive.

I'd drop IG100 as he is not that good and does not offer anything that address the problems, low survivability/lack of heals, replace him either with Daka if you have him or even Dooku or Lumi as she would also benefit immensely from Poggle buff.

Another dark horse is Poe, tho I don't have him thus can't actually see with my own eyes whether it works or not. Poe is fast and has a taunt, so it will keep your droids alive and expose is a massive bonus.

And lastly, the team is great on offense I can rank top 10 without much difficulty before the tokens are being handed out even though I'm 5-6 levels below the rest, but simply put AI sucks with the team so Poe could be useful in that regard as well.
  • Yeah, I would go with HK for the crit bonus. Haven used 100 so don't know about him. Used Geonosian Soldier for the first time today with my droid squad and it worked pretty good. Just need to star him up some.

Gonna try Poe for my last battle to set up a defense.

Lobot might be another good option. Got my first shard for him today from a bronzium, yay.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Great advice I'll do that thanks. I have Poe at 4* gear level 6, he's great. I'm going to finish getting Fives to 6 stars in Cantina and go for Poe after that, maybe try him in PVP like you say. Very intrigued by Poe's expose ability (once levelled up) in combination with the AOE damage potential from the droids.

My question then would be - I have Luminara at 3* (gear level 7) and Poggle at 4*... should I focus on Luminara with GW tokens to get her high enough to sub in for IG-100? Or keep going with Poggle? I know how good Luminara is, I have several allies with her at 7*. I mainly haven't levelled her up because everyone has her - I was bored facing her in every PVP/GW match. Cheers!
  • Great advice I'll do that thanks. I have Poe at 4* gear level 6, he's great. I'm going to finish getting Fives to 6 stars in Cantina and go for Poe after that, maybe try him in PVP like you say. Very intrigued by Poe's expose ability (once levelled up) in combination with the AOE damage potential from the droids.

My question then would be - I have Luminara at 3* (gear level 7) and Poggle at 4*... should I focus on Luminara with GW tokens to get her high enough to sub in for IG-100? Or keep going with Poggle? I know how good Luminara is, I have several allies with her at 7*. I mainly haven't levelled her up because everyone has her - I was bored facing her in every PVP/GW match. Cheers!

I have poe at 4* and I he's good right there. Tbh he's great but I just got boba and I'm staring him up right now over poe. Still poem taunt is great for making my tie pilot survive
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Great advice I'll do that thanks. I have Poe at 4* gear level 6, he's great. I'm going to finish getting Fives to 6 stars in Cantina and go for Poe after that, maybe try him in PVP like you say. Very intrigued by Poe's expose ability (once levelled up) in combination with the AOE damage potential from the droids.

I'd say definitely go for Lumi, she can complement your arena team if need be, massive boon for GW and godly for LS battles. Poggle should probably be the last character you up the stars for, he just gains a bit more damage and health but since his speed/health is high enough at 4* you can get the buff almost always and his basic attack is so pitiful that it is not worth 245 shards to get him to 7* until you maxed out on everything.

Oh and Poggle is love, Poggle is life without Poggle droid squad is bunch of clankers but with Poggle they are on steroids, so HK, IGs and Poggle is pretty much have their places secured in a droid squad only flexible position is the last spot.