Would you start over?

Prev1
ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
If you saw my other thread you know I messed up and never setup Game Center to save my data. I didnt know if I would play long term and then forgot about it. Well I lost the entire game so need to start over if I want to play.

So would you start over?

I was level 71, had around 35+ toons, finished GW daily and was around the 150-200 rank in Arena if I kept after it. Been playing since early December.

I did start last night but playing with a level 4 JC, Chewie, Jawa, Clone Sargent and Ewok was painful! I had to laugh when I saw a crit for 64 damage. I cringed when I couldnt even use Chewie's revive yet. Yay, he taunts and dies now!

I got to level 8 where Arena unlocks and #1 is a Darth Maul at level 32 so I would have some major catching up to do (I was ranked 11,000).

So again, would you start over? One part of me badly misses the game. The other part is asking if I want to do the grind all over again. I wouldnt make as many rookie mistakes but there is still months of grinding just to get back to where I was let alone move forward!

Replies

• Multar
    44 posts Member
    No i wont start from the beginning.. Too much form me to repeat all!
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    There is no way I would start over unless i was refunded all the money I put into it from the start. Or got the same amount of crystals as credit.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Just curious but any idea what happened that caused a reset? If you have any details about your game, ei ally code or player ID could EA/CG not restore your game for you?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    The game is going to be around for years to come. It's Sure to have new characters for each of the 4 more movies coming out by 2020. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and spend a couple hundred on crystal to catch you up a bit. When you consider how much time you spend playing. A couple hundred isn't that bad if you have some specific goals. Think of all the things you wasted money on before. Normally, I tell people they are crazy for wanting to start over, but it doesn't seem like you have any other option other than straight quiting.
  • No I'd never want to start over again. Ever. Even with a refund of my considerable expenses in straight up crystals I'd have a hard time letting go of the 3 months of hard grinding I've already done.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    I did think about buying at least the starter packs I regret not buying so wouldnt be a total F2P. I regret not getting Barriss from that Jedi pack for one. The Droid pack actually seems like an OK deal. The DS pack is super cheap and I "could" get Dooku which would help from the start.

Then I look at the cost of all 3 packs and realize I could buy a couple console games. But... I did play SWGOH more than a lot of my console games.

I'm not liking my server leader board right now. If I do start over I may delete and start the tutorial all over to see if I get an easier server. Top five is already over level 30 with two Mauls and Dooku up there. I dont stand a chance!
  • I may have to if they don't introduce cross-platform in the next few months :'(
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    So question: if you don't have Gam Center set up for iOS, then there's a risk of losing your account?

I don't know if I would start over, I might take it as a sign to move and do more productive things with my time. But then I might try that, realize how unproductive my new free time is, and then go back to playing SWGoH.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Short answer? Nope.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • I wouldn't mind starting over if I absolutely had no choice. Sure it's a pain in the back side but think of it as a fresh start.
  • My son and I started a 2nd (for me) game, and I had some of the same frustrations. However, I have really enjoyed leveling, starring and character acquisition at the fast pace. Also, it's been fun to try a new strategy from jump. I find myself paying closer attention to our newer account than my plodding old hairdryer-farmer account.
  • no way i'd start over after all the grinding i've done
  • I really can't see going through all that farming again. Could I do it better the second time around? Definitely. In your situation, since you've already started and you're ranked 11,000, you should probably restart yet again. Make use of the sim button early on LS 1D or so and just XP up. There's a pretty good starter guide video on here somewhere. I would follow it in your situation.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I read your original post, I agree with last post start over again. I couldn't imagine starting over, on level 72 myself. But if you do and you really like the game, perhaps buy a starter kit.
    Yeah I hated Chewy in early stages to play him again so much would be a killer.
  • Nope. Farming up one squad to be able to make the top 20 was painful enough. I'd miss out on all the bench heroes that I've gotten through GW and such completion every day.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    If they game me a refund yes yes yes
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    So far seems to be leaning towards nope! I am starting to agree. I deleted the game already, I didnt like the new server rankings. I may try again tonight to see if I can land on a more favorable server.
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    My answer is no. This game is too much time consuming unless you have the money to spend then why not.
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Hmm if I pulled Rey from my first chromium... then I would make that my alt account but no I wouldn't start over.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    When I started playing I remember being 14,000 and faced all clone trooper lead teams forever I thought at the time were just abandoned accounts. Leader board was Chewie, Sid, Barriss and a few Phasma's. Would I do it again? Probably
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    That's a tough question. Something similar happened to me with Injustice: Gods Among Us where I could not port my game over after switching phones. I even left my old phone unwiped for 2 years while trying to work with the developers but I didn't play in those two years.
    I did eventually start playing again so I would probably do the same here.

That being said, I always make sure I have a copy of the Player ID or whatever the developers use to identify individual players backed up to my email account so that I pass that on if something bad happens.

In SWGOH, you can find your Player ID on the Settings page at the bottom. Screen shot it immediately if you haven't already.
  • Yeah.. I would. It might be fun to do it again with what I know now.

Plus it would be a challenge.. I like a challenge. :)
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    hum.... Let me think about....... No way my friend :)
  • What was the name of your character on the account you lost? Was it "possiblesafesdad"?
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    That's a tough question. Something similar happened to me with Injustice: Gods Among Us where I could not port my game over after switching phones. I even left my old phone unwiped for 2 years while trying to work with the developers but I didn't play in those two years.
    I did eventually start playing again so I would probably do the same here.

That being said, I always make sure I have a copy of the Player ID or whatever the developers use to identify individual players backed up to my email account so that I pass that on if something bad happens.

In SWGOH, you can find your Player ID on the Settings page at the bottom. Screen shot it immediately if you haven't already.

Or you could just sign in with google play or ios Game Center from the get go and not have to worry about it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I was logged into Google on Injustice and it didn't save correctly. That should be foolproof but is not always a guarantee
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    My game name was the same as on here - ASD Dad.

I was trying a new Arena team when it died if anyone wants to find me! Phasma (L), GS, RP, Lumi and Savage. Worked surprisingly well even though it was slow.
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    What does the ASD stand for?
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Thrace wrote: »
    What does the ASD stand for?

Autism Spectrum Disorder. Have two boys on the spectrum.
  • Yes. Start over. Do things better than you did them before. I started over in January and that account is now my main account. But now you know a lot more about the game and the grind will be long, but it will always be anyway. Now you know what toons to drop and you can start getting all your fav toons without wasting resources. Also a new first chromium with a full character.

Just play for the fun of a challenge and the excitement of making new choices :D The only thing i can recommend is to farm a good team like droids or FO, but whatever you prefer. Get Jedi's , whatever, just make sure you have thought about your new main team and you'll be fine with a team in the next update ;)
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]