So I just bought the year-end bundle.

Replies

• Options
    When I get to the payment screen mine shows $17.99. But supposedly $3.60

Maybe they thought I couldn't read or something .
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    Just for those who missed it, EA_Jesse mentioned that the price going down to $3.60 was a "glitch". This, however, contradicts what the offical play store says with the limited offer 80% discount on the bundle. How that sale went on the play store and the game before becoming a "glitch", I don't know. But apparently they are now exacerbating the situation by misleading people with the pricing, since its now listed as being on sale and also being $3.60, but on checkout its full price.

I do hope its clarified soon, and that internally they figure out how the SNAFU happened so it doesn't happen again like this (the entire sale, going from $19.58 -> $17.99 -> $3.60 -> $17.99, and also the choice of characters considered).
  • Options
    well take a nap, then fire the missles!!!!!
  • Options
    I have taken screenshots of the advertised price of $4.19 CAD and the price when it actually tries to charge me $23.72 CAD. I will be writing a negative 1 star google play store review until i receive the bundle at the advertised price. I may also pursue other courses of action.
  • Options
    Not only is this false advertising. It is a form if fraud.
  • XtremeFodder
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've seen this 'glitch' happen to me with the Jedi Pack. When it bounced between regular and $5-$10 off (can't remember the actual costs it was displaying).

I also haven't seen this low price offer in my game. Still advertised as $20.99 CAN.
  • Options
    Yeah this has to be some kind of mistake. Noticed the same thing.
    X8UbS6x.jpg
    Funny though, if I remember correctly, the package was first announced for ~21,xx€ (which I thought was ridiculous), and now it shows 3,60€ and costs 17,99€ (here in europe).
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    NiteFever wrote: »
    I have taken screenshots of the advertised price of $4.19 CAD and the price when it actually tries to charge me $23.72 CAD. I will be writing a negative 1 star google play store review until i receive the bundle at the advertised price. I may also pursue other courses of action.

You are going to spend thousands in a law suit to get a 4 dollar CAD item?

Come on man. Every company (at least in America) can accidentally list an item for the wrong price and are not required to sell it to you at that price. It's the law. So chill out, they are fixing it. It's a freaking f2p game, geez.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Come on man. Every company (at least in America) can accidentally list an item for the wrong price and are not required to sell it to you at that price. It's the law. So chill out, they are fixing it. It's a freaking f2p game, geez.

Who said anything about a lawsuit. Anyways. They were going to get 4 of my dollars, now instead they are getting 0 of my dollars. See how that works? If they think that bundle is worth any more than 5 bucks they have been smoking some pretty good drugs over there.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Actually in the United States each state has a statute which states that if an item is listed as two different prices that they are required to sell it for the lower. You can google the various statutes. However, I'm not sure how this impacts internet sales. Regardless this violates policies for both Apple and Google either way.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

Who said anything about a lawsuit. Anyways. They were going to get 4 of my dollars, now instead they are getting 0 of my dollars. See how that works? If they think that bundle is worth any more than 5 bucks they have been smoking some pretty good drugs over there.

Well you are putting them out of business because you didn't spend 4 bucks :( Way to ruin a fun game!

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Actually in the United States each state has a statute which states that if an item is listed as two different prices that they are required to sell it for the lower.

There are protections for the company in the case that the pricing is in error. Go read up on it, they aren't required to sell it to you if the price is incorrect. Now, if you have already bought it at a cheaper price, they can't force you to sell it back to them (or charge you more). Consumers are protected against that.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Actually in the United States each state has a statute which states that if an item is listed as two different prices that they are required to sell it for the lower.

There are protections for the company in the case that the pricing is in error. Go read up on it, they aren't required to sell it to you if the price is incorrect. Now, if you have already bought it at a cheaper price, they can't force you to sell it back to them (or charge you more). Consumers are protected against that.

Sorry, no. Just as an example, this is California statute.

California B&P Code, 12024.2.
    (a) It is unlawful for any person, at the time of sale of a commodity, to do any of the following:
    (1) Charge an amount greater than the price, or to compute an amount greater than a true extension of a price per unit, that is then advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted for that commodity.

(2) Charge an amount greater than the lowest price posted on the commodity itself or on a shelf tag that corresponds to the commodity, notwithstanding any limitation of the time period for which the posted price is in effect.
    (b) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by both, if the violation is willful or grossly negligent, or when the overcharge is more than one dollar ($1).

(c) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) when the overcharge is one dollar ($1) or less.

(d) As used in subdivisions (b) and (c), "overcharge" means the amount by which the charge for a commodity exceeds a price that is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted to that consumer for that commodity at the time of sale.

(e) Except as provided in subdivision (f), for purposes of this section, when more than one price for the same commodity is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted, the person offering the commodity for sale shall charge the lowest of those prices.

(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price.

A question for anyone able to find a pro bono lawyer, or can afford to pay one if they're crazy enough to pursue this, is how these laws apply to virtual goods.
  • Options
    @Barrok Go and check out the google play page for it, clearly says 80% off. Sickening
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear EA is waking up. At $3.60, this is proper pricing!!! I personally don't need these guys but I'd like EA to pay attention to the metrics and I can bet packages like this will end up selling better than the $100 monstrosities. Like I said before, it's better to make $20 off of a million people than make $1 million off of 20 people. The risk is spread better...
  • Options

Well you are putting them out of business because you didn't spend 4 bucks :( Way to ruin a fun game!

But he would've spent $4 but now is unable to because they're asking for 4 times as much.

I would've spent the cheaper price as well but no way at the higher price. I'm sure we can easily find 5/6 people who would buy the pack at the lower price for every one person who bought the pack at the 'normal' price, that's EA shooting themselves in their foot
  • Primorac
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't really get why some people are so angry though. I see it this way: I just saved 3,60€. :)
    If the package will come back for this price, I will probably buy it, if it won't, I don't care too much. It is nothing game breaking (not even game changing) for those who were able to buy it cheaply in the time frame.
    I would only be angry if I had accidentally double tapped and had actually bought it for 17,99€, but that didn't happen.
  • Options
    A lawsuit wouldn't go anywhere. If someone is dissatisfied with something, you can always complain to the Better Business Bureau.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

YOu don't need to spend any money on reporting false advertising... You notify the consumer council or equivalent in your respective country they usually take it from there. However if the issue is fixed within a reasonable time frame then usually no further action is taken.. Again what constitutes as "reasonable time" will vary from place to place..

If money was exchanged then things are a little different. That gets a bit more complicated depending where you are.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Havent EA learned anything with star wars battlefront? Constantly overcharging sw fans is only going to make them look bad..its embarrasing that google play is trying to step in to fix the prices... what's next? 200 bucks for yoda? 100 bucks for battlefront 2 with no content and 80 bucks per season pass? Im glad they dont own the movie as well or we'd get over priced movies as well...
  • Options
    I'm so glad I checked the forums before I bought the package based on the displayed price...This fact that the wrong price is STILL there even though they know about the issue is really disconcerting..
  • xsebx
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's not just disconcerting, it's flat out fraud. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) slaps the snot out of bait and switch scams like this. EA could face serious fines for this. No joke.
  • Options
    How are you guys seeing it? It's not on my phone lol
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    D0SRARE wrote: »
    How are you guys seeing it? It's not on my phone lol

It's because they apparently believe splitting the player base and only offering certain "deals" (or lack there of) to certain groups is a good idea. As a result this was only available to Google Play users.
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay $3.60 for this pack anyways, it's completely useless.
  • Options
    -sigh- I read the first few posts here and jumped on to buy it only for it to say 17$.

Super disappointed...then they gave me a free Fives from bronzium which game me the last few shards I needed for Vader. I'm not so mad anymore.
  • Options
    You guys are still crying about this. Get a refund if you paid more than advertised.
  • Options
    yeah i was excited to see if it was 3.85, but nope, mine went from 19.99 to 17.99
    maybe its some bug... if it is i want it
  • Options
    Yeah Jessie already came on and said it was a glitch. It's too bad.
  • Options
    The price has now changed back to the old ripoff price it was before on my phone now. Back to definitely not buying it again but checking every so often in the off chance the price is wrong again