Lost everything!! So sad... ideas?

Prev1
ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
edited April 2016
So my iPad cracked the LCD yesterday. Cant see a thing other than a rainbow mess under the glass now. I bought a new iPad today and did what I thought was a full restore. All it restored was the app! No data came over. When I open the app it tells me I am a new player and the tutorial starts.

Any ideas on if I can retrieve the old data? I dont even know my long player ID other than my user ID for the game. iTunes wont backup the old iPad again since my iPad is passcode locked and I cant enter the passcode. I did backup yesterday when it happened just to make sure but no data transferred back.

If it is all gone and I have to start over I think I am done. I've been playing since early Dec. Had around 35 toons, was level 71 and had 3 strong squads. Could finish GW daily, etc. I really dont think I could start from scratch again. I would have a nice knowledge head start but the grind!!

I am super bummed, this was my favorite game.

Replies

• Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Did you sign in to gamecenter on the new iPad?
  • Radwin
    69 posts Member
    Sign into your game center...
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Oh, I dont remember. Let me check!
  • If you do not have the gamecenter, connect the old ipad to hdmi, and hook it up to tv or laptop, move the screen there, and try to click the game and upload your content. idk if this works tbh, but i know ipads can do hdmi, and i did this with my old laptop when the screen cracked
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Sorry to hear about your story.
    But don't worry, with GL on full throttle reigniting the SW franchise this game is going to last for a few more years.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    sign in to game center and "restore purchases" in game.. everything should populate. so sorry to hear that this happened. MTFBWY
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Crap. Game Center didnt work. Gaaaahhhh. I was ....this.... close to getting Yoda too. He was one of the last characters I was working towards.
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    Crap. Game Center didnt work. Gaaaahhhh. I was ....this.... close to getting Yoda too. He was one of the last characters I was working towards.

Try contacting support. They can tell you for sure if your account is lost. Which I doubt, because they store everyone's info on their server.

EA has online chat support 7 days a week, they can look into it immediately.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Update - Contacted EA and they could care less. Said I am SOL and they cant help me without that account number and even then they arent sure they could help, I could be a hacker! I asked what if I had spent thousands on the game and lost it? They told me they cant help.

It was my fault for not using Game Center but I am kind of peeved they could care less. He was pretty arrogant about it all.

I may look for a HDMI adapter to try that route to unlock my iPad but if the game is gone I may be done. 4 months of grinding daily is hard to give up!
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Update - Contacted EA and they could care less. Said I am SOL and they cant help me without that account number and even then they arent sure they could help, I could be a hacker! I asked what if I had spent thousands on the game and lost it? They told me they cant help.

It was my fault for not using Game Center but I am kind of peeved they could care less. He was pretty arrogant about it all.

I may look for a HDMI adapter to try that route to unlock my iPad but if the game is gone I may be done. 4 months of grinding daily is hard to give up!

You could get the display repaired with the intent to sell the device afterwards. Of course this assumes you will be able to recover your game and link it to apple
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member

They're right. They have to be careful otherwise you could just steal someone's account by calling them. As you said, thousands of dollars could be at stake.
    Hate to say it but it is your own fault, that's what Game Center is for.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Not happening. The LCD (for a good one) is 95% the cost of a brand new iPad! I am guessing it is the retina display causing that. My kids have been bugging me all day to play. I had Savage maxed out recently as he's two of my boys favorite (well they really wanted Maul but I was mostly F2P). They loved seeing him finish people off.

Who knows, I may start over with a new direction. I learned a ton in 4 months so know the pitfalls. I just remember the beginning grind just to get credits and pass levels like that LS battle with all the Troopers tossing grenades! I had 11M credits banked and a few thousand training droids for leveling up!

Gaaaah
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    ChefHaze wrote: »

They're right. They have to be careful otherwise you could just steal someone's account by calling them. As you said, thousands of dollars could be at stake.
    Hate to say it but it is your own fault, that's what Game Center is for.

Live and learn... Maybe I will start up when/if the giant release comes out with Guilds and other new content. The daily grind was getting old and I had near all the characters I wanted and could actually get.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    Yikes, I feel your pain, would hate to start over. I guess start over, I think the game will be around for quite some time.
    At least you have knowledge could be really good
  • ASD_Dad wrote: »
    Any ideas on if I can retrieve the old data? I dont even know my long player ID other than my user ID for the game. iTunes wont backup the old iPad again since my iPad is passcode locked and I cant enter the passcode. I did backup yesterday when it happened just to make sure but no data transferred back.

Do you have your Player ID screenshot? It's that long series of numbers under SETTINGS. (I do see you don't know it). Your Ally Code is one way for developers do help you in case there is a situation, but the Player ID is much more detailed.

Sorry for your loss, but if you are able to find those information, please send it to Customer Service.

FashionFett.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Do you happen to play the game on an emulator to play on PC? Or maybe try to DL one and sync to your old device (if that is even possible now)? Or, did you try to contact Apple to see if they can help you?
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    Feel your pain; just putting it out there that it's always worth a try to call EA customer service again and hopefully getting someone more sympathetic and helpful.
  • this is what happens when you get an iPad. jk.
    but really, even my iPhone screen cracks.
  • There should be no reason why the account didn't come with you, provided you used the same Apple ID and then logged into gamecenter. It should be no different than installing on an iPad and then an iPhone, which I have done.

Try restoring your iPad, signing in with, restoring the iPad from iCloud with your Apple ID, and then restoring purchases after GoH is installed.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    It's totally my fault. I never setup Gamecenter for this game. I had downloaded on a whim and didnt know if I would play it long term.

I did contact EA again but there policy is good, I could be some hacker for all they know and I have no idea what my ID or even my Ally code was.

At least if I start over I know to use Gamecenter! I did start last night but wow was it painful to play. Crits for 62 damage! 2 star gear 2 JC! woo hoo! Ugh.

I was thinking of going a new direction with the new game and go after Arena rank this time. Last time I was collecting characters. I may have only been in the 100-200 rank but I could finish GW daily at level 71 with death squads since I had a really nice full roster. I figure I would lose in Arena quickly with whales taking over though.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    UPDATE: used a Lightening to HDMI cable to unlock my iPad and get my player ID and ally code. Apple still couldnt help so I tried EA again, even got escalated. They still cant help me. Said the only way to save is to use Game Center or Google Play - period. Even though they have all my info saved they cant restore it or help me in any way shape or form.

I can also tell you my trial Arena team is TERRIBLE!! I was trying out Phasma (L), GS, RP, Lumi and Opress. I won every battle I tried but I got creamed on defense. I think the oddball team was a target.

Day my iPad broke (Apil 6th) until today, the 9th I dropped from 187 down into the 700's!! Oh well.

After seeing all the complaining on the forums still about dodge Dooku and other issues along with still no real updates I think I may be done for now. I'll check in still to see if updates started but in my other thread of starting over - the majority would also quit in my shoes. It was fun while it lasted!
  • Now you can login with the HDMI interface, can't you start the game and login to game center, save it, and then just transfer it to your new device?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • If the HDMI cable allows you to see your screen, and you're able to open the game, can you also log in to Game Center?

I realize it might be hard blindly tapping the screen, but it sounds like you were able to open the game...
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Yeah. If the hdmi worked, then with that setup, verify your characters, and then hit the settings cog and click login. That should change the account from a guest account into a player account, which is backed up to gamecenter. Then login from the new ipad.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    I think this problem is going to continue to become more prevalent. On ios, if you didn't log into Gamecenter on Day 1, it will restart your game from the beginning if you attempt to do it subsequently. So, for anyone that has been playing out side of Gamecenter thinking their progress was saved by EA or by Facebook, its not. You essentially are on a guest account and you are stuck on the same device for this game until either your device fails or you get bored of the game.

I am actually in this position. I had Gamecenter disabled on my ipad (because its annoying) when I started playing and I was a month into the game before I read on the forums that Gamecenter is the ONLY way to save progress on ios devices.

EA / CG needs to help us find a way to log-in Gamecenter subsequently and get our games saved so this does not happen to more of us in the future. I have contacted both Apple and EA to try to get my game progress saved, but both said it can't be done outside Gamecenter.

I know it's easy to point fingers and say its my fault, and perhaps it is, BUT I play plenty of other games where I have a log-in ID and my data is saved on the game's servers - so it is certainly possible.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If you backed it up on a pc could you use that backup to restore on a new one? Is there any way you can pull the files from Explorer with the old iPad connected?
  • Yay for having android, and setting up Google Games to my gmail account day 1 I played this, once I found out you could use the same account on multiple devices.
  • I think you might be able to pull the file data if you open up Explorer on the iPad files.
  • I read this form it's quite depressing, I never logged into Game Center. My question is once I upgrade phone in 6 months I should be able to easily transfer, right?