Qui-Gon Jinn misrepresented

Rie_Fu
33 posts Member
I think that making him a pure duelist without force abilities is far from what the character is canonically like. My suggestion is simple and wouldn't affect the gameplay: make the Humbling Blow ability be a force attack instead of a lightsaber one. It would look nice to have a completely new visual effect but I'm also ok with being the same as other jedi's force push attacks, for example...

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Sid should have a force lightning AOE instead of his current. It's one of the things he's known for.
  • Rie_Fu wrote: »
    I think that making him a pure duelist without force abilities is far from what the character is canonically like. My suggestion is simple and wouldn't affect the gameplay: make the Humbling Blow ability be a force attack instead of a lightsaber one. It would look nice to have a completely new visual effect but I'm also ok with being the same as other jedi's force push attacks, for example...

It's not to say he doesn't have force abilities but he's more known for the epic duel with maul. Tbh I'm happy with his abilities and animations as they are rather than giving him the same animation as lumi, JC and Eeth Koth. Changing it would be unnecessary.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • QGJ isn't misrepresented.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Sid should have a force lightning AOE instead of his current. It's one of the things he's known for.

Prob don't because emperor palpatine will have it.
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    This wasn't meant to be Palpatine/Sidious discussion;) ...and as for Qui-Gon being best known for the duel with Maul i can only say that people don't bother seeing things beyond the surface, and many "fans" actually pay attention only to the battle scenes. I stay with my opinion that he is misrepresented and should have a force skill.
  • QGJ isn't misrepresented.

Yup, look at that huge saber!
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Sids aoe is from clone wars, imo the best animation.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    QGJ is fine. I swear If i see another lazy repeat force push animation I will vomit!
    Anyways he wasn't even that good with his force abilitys because he couldn't even manipulate Anakin's owner into accepting his currency. Obi Wan never failed the mind trick. I really don't know how QGJ was the first to become a force ghost.........
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    QGJ is fine. I swear If i see another lazy repeat force push animation I will vomit!
    Anyways he wasn't even that good with his force abilitys because he couldn't even manipulate Anakin's owner into accepting his currency. Obi Wan never failed the mind trick.

Dude...Watto is a Toydarian. Obi Wan wouldn't have been able to manipulate him either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Anyways he wasn't even that good with his force abilitys because he couldn't even manipulate Anakin's owner into accepting his currency. Obi Wan never failed the mind trick.

Dude...Watto is a Toydarian. Obi Wan wouldn't have been able to manipulate him either.
    I lost you on Dude....... Jajajajajjaajjaja if your talking to me of something from the expanded universe or outside the 7 main movies I will not understand :#
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I lost you on Dude....... Jajajajajjaajjaja if your talking to me of something from the expanded universe or outside the 7 main movies I will not understand :#

You obviously didn't know that force-persuasion doesn't work on everyone - depends both on the force adept's skill AND the mind strength of the target (i.e. usually working only on the weak-minded). Have you seen a hutt being force-tricked, for example? Or force-users trying to trick each other?
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    Anyways he wasn't even that good with his force abilitys because he couldn't even manipulate Anakin's owner into accepting his currency. Obi Wan never failed the mind trick. I really don't know how QGJ was the first to become a force ghost.........

Qui-Gon actually wasn't the first to become a Force ghost if we take into account the times before the movies. But anyway, he is proficient in the force and could have a different ability in the game - I'd be happy to see a new skill instead of the same jump attack. As a matter of fact, you can notice only his basic attack is physical damage, so if the Humbling Blow (and Harmonious Assault) is a skill damage it could as well be a force attack.