Galactic War

Prev1345
Hello guys i just start GW anfter 3 figts with enemy lvl37 blue1/2 a just met lvl47 blue3 its really hard to beat for me i m lvl43 do you have it same?

Replies

• As the title says.. just beat galactic war for the first time. It was pretty easy (today at least) to run through everything. Now I've got 1,200 war tokens and I can buy shards for 3 characters. Who is worth grinding for here?
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I love the Tusken Raider for his very high crits ( Basically his special coupled with another character does ~6-7k crits ), good with Sid when wanting to burn down a character fast in PvP.
    Datcha or Luminara work as well.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Timba, thanks for the input buddy! I will check out all 3 of the mentioned characters. Is Tusken Raiders crit kinda like the Ewok Scouts? I have him at gear level V (still only 1 star) and he crits pretty hard, like 1300.
  • Not super interested in Datcha, I don't like his focus on droids/specific allies. Raider and Luminara look pretty sweet!
  • Luminara is what I am working towards as well. Hoping to replace the Consular with her when she is geared.
  • Lumi and then IG-86 if you're looking for the best performers
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • How much shards do you earn after Galatic war?
  • Might I suggest to invest shards in just one character at the very least just unlock one then work on unlocking another. If you try to unlock to many characters you triple the time it would take to even unlock your first one. Personally I wont quit investing into Luminara till she is 7 star. Then Ill work on IG.
  • Good call Whipit. Since it seems to reset multiple times a day (and not just once a day) that makes a lot of sense. And I am also guessing it wont be so easy to get 1,200 tokens every day?
  • Asabase - I got 1,200 total for completing galactic war today.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No it gets much harder around lvl 48 you start fighting teams in the end that are 50ish and in epic gear. But still doable if you have invested enough cash to have many non main characters that are decently geared and leveled that you can burn on the beginning.

And yep it resets every 5 hours or so. So you can potentially grab 15 shards a day for the same character, it adds up fast.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Man this is making me want to burn all my crystals on resets to get to level 40. :) It's like... the higher you are, the more quickly you get better. But I think I'll get there tomorrow. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Resistance pilot is pretty strong and his ability Outmaneuver is really good. The only reason I know is because my free to play account unlocked him early and I got to mess with him a bit. He shreds anyone when that Expose effect sticks.
  • Another question for you guys... what hero do you recommend farming from Cantina and Arena?
  • I've had horrid luck with GW. Beat it the day I hit 40, but the two days after that I've run into teams 7-8 levels higher than me. Today on fight 5 I had a match up against a team that was all level 50. I'm 42. I lost and none of my other characters will win so I'm done with GW until tomorrow. At least I got two more Luminara shipments.
  • When does Aayla appear on hard stages?
  • Indrick wrote: »
    I've had horrid luck with GW. Beat it the day I hit 40, but the two days after that I've run into teams 7-8 levels higher than me. Today on fight 5 I had a match up against a team that was all level 50. I'm 42. I lost and none of my other characters will win so I'm done with GW until tomorrow. At least I got two more Luminara shipments.

I feel your pain - im a lvl 49 and ive been going up against lvl60s... 2 days in a row now.. so i cant complete it anymore... i can get past a couple teams of 60... but havent beat 3 in a row yet... epic gear and max lvl... hard to compete for a 7 day player... lol
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    Arsis wrote: »
    Another question for you guys... what hero do you recommend farming from Cantina and Arena?

For cantina, I like Farmoby luke, kit fisto, and magnaguard.

Arena, I shopped around a lot but sidious, savage, and ventress are the most useful to me.

For gw, it is all luminara to 7*

Overall, I have focused on unlocking a lot of characters and only focused a few for promotions.
  • Davo - None of those you mentioned in Cantina are available in my shipments? I have been buying Boba Fett so far... not sure who to get.
  • what stage does kit fisto appear in cantina
  • I don't think Kit Fisto is obtainable in Cantina
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Plo Koon is in the final stage of it and who i meant to say. i grind his shards mainly for the all tank daily. i purchase "fives" with the points. later it will be boba. my bad
  • OK I bought Boba like 3 times, but maybe ill switch and stick with fives, he looks pretty good. As for the grinding of shards right now i'm doing chewy to make him stronger.
  • Ben
    15 posts Member
    Do you guys know if your enemies hp stays the same too? If i were to do a round of fodder just to weaken them?
  • Okay... so..... Why am i facing a level 56 opponent (im lvl 45) only halfway through the galaxy map. and the highest person in all of arena (and i mean ALL OF ARENA) is only lvl 52.

Like.... seriously. Did they put Dev accounts into this list of "people" i have to fight?
  • Ben
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    For the record, you can indeed zerg them. The hp of the opponents team carries over as well
  • DAKA. She can heal, stunt and revive. Investing in Daka is worth it. She's your saving grace when you run out of healers for Galwar....
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Can anyone confirm that the team strength you go up against is based on your arena ranking?
  • So - galactic war was really weird today..

if u dont know some of my previous complaints was im a lvl 49 and having to go up against lvl 60s epic gear players and only starting 1 week ago on the "real release" of the game.

Today things started off alright.. as i was up against lvl 45s. Then on the 7th and 8th round.. i had to face lvl 60s epic gear players.. 9th and throughout the final was low lvl 50s ( like it should be )

Why would they put the harder matches in the middle of galactic war? Is ur opponents truly random?

~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

• So this isn't a post complaining that Dooku is op, but that fighting him every battle makes it very difficult to win war.
    His 100% counter destroys my jawa and healers. Especially since he attacks so fast. my team consists of consular, sidious, talee, jawa, and chewy. I have Dooku as well as a sub

This won't be a problem later when I have more characters, but does anyone have strategy how to not die so fast from Dooku in war?