Car versus samsung

Prev1
Cometheloser
944 posts Member
edited April 2016
Sorry guys but I was so shocked by this I had to post it,I didn't realise that my galaxy s6 had fallen from my poket on to my drive I went shopping and when I came back as I got out of the car on the floor was my phone right under my front wheel thought oh no that's busted then but no the phone works just fine even after having my car parked on it cool or what eh !

Replies

• That is great. You should send that story into Samsung.

I am pretty sure it's the device that is the savior here, not the OS. Very cool story though, I loved my 6s!
  • Yeh your right about the os it is the device I was just amazed that it didn't even crack the screen just scuffed the back cover and I think I will send it to samsung may get a freebie
  • Yeah, it's a great testament to their product, you never know. They might hook you up. :)
  • S7 here I come lol B)
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I have a Note 3 and I wish I could marry it.
  • I have always had samsung phoned and tabs quality products ad is testified in this post
  • FYI there's a story out there of a galaxy s5 or 6 I think stopping a fragment of shrapnel in the Paris attacks saving the life of it's owner.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • See awsome products
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Another android only event. Sigh.
  • Ha ha ha yep android is harder than ios fact
  • Yeah, well my dad is tougher than yours!

But on a slightly more serious note, I once dropped my iPhone 5c in my bath after I had a huge sneeze... The phone was lying on the tub floor submerged in 1 foot of water, picked it up expecting the worst & to my surprise the phone was still on & working as intended!

That's the actual reason I won't change from a iPhone to a galaxy. They were waterproof before galaxy was... Unintended but still good!

Nice story though!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    So funny story. My s5 fell out of my pocket while I was closing the car door last night. Slammed by the door then fell to the concrete. No visible issues.

Samsung 2. Cars 0

But on a slightly more serious note, I once dropped my iPhone 5c in my bath after I had a huge sneeze... The phone was lying on the tub floor submerged in 1 foot of water, picked it up expecting the worst & to my surprise the phone was still on & working as intended!

That's the actual reason I won't change from a iPhone to a galaxy. They were waterproof before galaxy was... Unintended but still good!

Nice story though!

I expect your dad is bigger than mine mines dead lol
    Still great stories all round perhaps lady luck was smiling on us all at the Time
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I pre ordered the s7 edge and got that free VR headset, it's pretty dope.
  • Very nice kit that can I have it when your done?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I won't be finishing anytime soon haha
  • Oh well nonharm in asking just have to creep round the missus
    It's gonna be tough I may not make it !!!!

Nice story though!

I expect your dad is bigger than mine mines dead lol
    Still great stories all round perhaps lady luck was smiling on us all at the Time
    Well my dads dead too, sad times! ;)
  • Yep still it's been twenty odd years now so life goes on eh
  • Chicagotarsier
    621 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Owned an s6. Product was so horrible on battery life and lifetime it forced me to Apple. Sony Xperia is a better OS but I got hitch hiker thumb and need the plus phones.

I am a very loyal customer but my Samsung experience was horrid. Never will own the brand again.

Flip side in Asia where I spend the majority of my time there are several phones that own apple and Samsung. Xiomi
  • Owned an s6. Product was so horrible on battery life and lifetime it forced me to Apple. Sony Xperia is a better OS but I got hitch hiker thumb and need the plus phones.

I am a very loyal customer but my Samsung experience was horrid. Never will own the brand again.

Flip side in Asia where I spend the majority of my time there are several phones that own apple and Samsung. Xiomi

Exactly the opposite experience here. I'm a lifelong HTC guy and the only iPhone I had was the 1st gen which was awesome but lacked basic features in messaging etc. The S6 Edge is the 1st Samsung phone that I found well designed and also where Touch Wiz wasn't as intrusive. Dunno about the battery etc as I game and use data extensively, which will drain any phone not larger than my face, lol! With the new Marshmallow update, it's become even better. Unfortunately, I won't be getting the S7 Edge because they had to go and make the device bigger.
  • I have always had samsung phone never had a problem with the battery or the phones
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Nokia Brick > Samsung > Car
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    hmm interesting i've always had reliability & durability issues with samsung handhelds, and they do not look as slick as other phones too.
  • Got a lot better
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    My dad is dead too...16 years ago now. And I use a Samsung...

In fact, he bought me my first Samsung in 1999. COINCIDENCE?
  • I dont think so i bought my first samsung with inheritance spooky eh
  • dvl009 wrote: »
    hmm interesting i've always had reliability & durability issues with samsung handhelds, and they do not look as slick as other phones too.

The S6 and 7 series changed the slickness problem, imo. The build is as premium as the HTC flagships and the iPhones.
  • Yep they have improved a lot over the years and i rate the phones and tablets very highly
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    My dad is dead too...16 years ago now. And I use a Samsung...

In fact, he bought me my first Samsung in 1999. COINCIDENCE?

Same. 3 years ago. He also bought me my first Samsung in 2003...