Is my team purely too weak for the Mace Windu Tank Challenge?

Replies

• I seriously feel like no one should be able to auto a battle with the majority of their toons 2 and 3*, below level 70 in the Tier IV challenge. If possible then I feel the challenge is broken.

At the same time, success seems to be all over the map. Best plan of action is to use what you have in the best way possible. Take toons that give offense down and TM reduction. But I can't see a 2* toon being viable at all. And I don't believe at that stage in the game, they should be viable.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • 6* Mace, 5* Poe, 5* IG-100, 4* ST Han, 4* JKG and I can beat it 4 out of 5 times manually. No luck with Auto. Mace will be 7 soon, probably jump Poe and Han up a star level each just for security. Have earned enough shards through bronzium that 100 is almost 6* with zero effort.
  • I have no problem with this team:

Teebo (L) 2* gear V lvl 50
    Poe 5* gear VIII lvl 72
    Old Ben 4* gear VII lvl 57
    RG 3* gear VI lvl 52
    Chewy 4* gear VI lvl 55

Just auto lock Mace and your toons will play with his TM. And thats all
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I use

Mace, 7*, lvl 70, max gear, max skills
    Poe, 7*, lvl 73, max gear - stun gun, max skills
    Han, 7*, lvl 63, gear VI, lvl 3 skills (leader)
    RG, 5*, lvl 62, gear V, lvl 3 skills
    Fives, 4*, lvl 63, gear VI, lvl 3 skills

cannot auto. Fives got ohko last fight (not shatterpoint) but that was about it. No status effects seem to land other than rarely Mace expose (which really helps). Chain the taunters so he cannot hit a shatterpointed hero and RG special if RG is taunting or a multiple turn taunter gets it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I run with:
    • 5* Chewie L60 (lead), 5 G6, 5-4-3-5
    • 5* Fett L66, 2 G8, 6-5-5-4
    • 5* Mace L65, 5 G8, 6-6-6-5
    • 4* RG, L65, 3 G7, 3-3-5
    • 2* FOST, L46, 5 G6, 3-3-3
    I've only been rolled by Mace once when I had him on the ropes at >5% health - he went on a rampage and killed everyone in a single continuous turn. The next time, my own Mace's shatterpoint stuck on him twice and it was an easy battle.
    Helpful tips:
    1. RG's Imp Phalanx applies Armor to everyone, which cancels and prevents shatterpoint (ie Red Skull)
    2. Fett's ability block can prevent Mace from using his highly-damaging special ability
    3. RG's stun is resisted about 50% of the time.
    4. Chewie can use Defiant Roar to rid himself of or prevent shatterpoint
    5. FOST can use Order Relentless to rid himself of or prevent shatterpoint
    6. Mace can usually remove evil-Mace's Defense Up with Smite.
    7. Chewie on lead gives a chance of Defense up on hit, which can counteract shatterpoint immediately if your hero lives.

Overall I'm enjoying the Tank Challenge, now that its' actually living up to its name. Its still pretty RNG-dependent, but proper use of skills can help out a lot.
    Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    I run with this team:

4* 55 Teebo (L)
    4* 65 Five
    3* 55 Chewie
    2* 50 FOST
    4* 60 RG

I auto the first two battles and then take on Mace 'manually' to control the toons from overusing their special abilities (which increases Mace's blue meter faster). If Teebo can take away his TM while RG stuns, it's done.

• An update on this.
    I starred teebo up by 1 star and leveled his abilities more.
    I also geared RG up by 1 level.
    I can get Mace to about yellow HP now where as before I could barely damage him. I'm thinking I just need a few more levels/stars before I can pull it off.
    I'll hit it, eventually. Thanks all :)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I didn't lose a single fight. Neither on ipad, nor on my phone.

I use on ipad:
    Chewbacca 5* 61 V 6,6,3,5
    Mace 5* 60 VII 5,5,3,5
    IG-100 7* 65 VIII 5,5,5
    RG 5* 72 VIII 7,7,7
    Poe 6* 70 VIII 6,7,3,6

And on phone i use
    Chewbacca 4* 54 VI 3,3,3,3
    Mace 5* 61 VII 3,3,3,3
    Fives 7* 73 IX 7,7,3,7
    Poe 5* 70 XIII 4,7,3,6
    RG 5* 73 VIII 7,7,7

I also tried Teebo(L) 3* 51 V 3,3,3,3 and it was still won.
  • OnJouney wrote: »
    With teebo as leader I had no problems yet. But I got the characters at an higher level :/

Yeah lol my team is weak. I guess I need to farm teebo shards... I might miss out on today's tank challenge

You should be able to get it every now and then with that team. Your teebo is better than mine, but my rg is better. I win 2/3 of the time. I'm not autoing though. That ends badly as teebo never has his second skill available at start of mace if I do.

Turukano
  • SmokingPoetry
    42 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm having the same problem as you and everyone else. I used to auto that challenge (all of them actually), but not anymore. As one poster said, there's nothing much I need there anyway. I completed it (once! by luck!) and I had like several hundred of the gear items it gave.
    btw...love your posts! You're articulate, witty, intelligent, and sexy!
  • Leader: 4* Bob Fett L61/L4gear,
    7* ST Han L72/L8gear
    7* Teebo L70/L7gear
    3* RG L49/L6gear
    3* JKG L50/L7gear

I didnt change a thing since LC increase.
    Only thing is, i cant do it on auto anymore..

The most important things for me are the turn meter reduction of Teebo and RG's stun..
    RG wont stun a lot but its enough together with TM reduction that Mace isnt able to hit most of the time.. I did Boba as lead for the crit, because sadly Han is my hardest hitting Tank. . Lost this challenge at most 2 times...

Greetings
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Teebo leader and RG, both decently starred and geared, level 70, is all you need. Fill the remaining slots with whatever damage tanks you got (I take Bobba, Finn and ST Han). Mace never moves.

Usually he's stunned. Then Teebo on stealth would remove his turn meter a lot. Whenever that doesn't work, I try to use the taunt of ST Han to give my team turn meter and try again to stun / remove TM before he moves. Sometimes all of it fails so he got to kill ST Han, but after that he's again stunned / 0 TM, can't move. Never lost anyone else so far.
  • I auto it with 4*Chewie, 7*Han, 6*Poe, 4*RG and 4* FO-Trooper. All geared purple with some Ability-Levels.
    It is freaking easy.
    If you do not invest in Tank characters at all, why do you expect to win the Tank-Challenge ? You should not complete it.
    I was also stucked in the Healer-Challenge some months ago, so i invested more in healers/supports and now i can auto that one, too.
    First this forum gets spammed with "Challenges are tooooo easy", then Challenges get harder and the forum is full of "challenges are tooooo hard". Oh boy ...
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Ok obviously it's nothing but luck. How can people with low level/star teams say it's easy, and others with the same teams at higher levels/stars say they only beat it once or can't beat it at all?

I'll just worry about the Mk VIII gear when the time comes. No way am I wasting scarce resources on the likes of Teebo and Chewbacca for this. I've got too much work to do on my B and C teams.
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    RG stun work on it and u will win 50% of the times
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Wow, I didn't realize nobody had tanks but in retrospect it makes sense looking at the meta. I said screw that and got characters I wanted.

7* Fives
    7* Plo Koon
    6* Stormtrooper
    4* First Order Stormtrooper
    4* Royal Guard

Tank challenge has been the easiest one for me since forever.
  • ...still scramble thru with this motley lot Chewie 57, RG 71, Poe 71, 5555s 65, all purple except Teebo 47.
    Stun and punch face Mace save shields, taunts, and buffs for when those funny icons c'mon then poof! So I don't auto obviously - gotta be vigilants for the one shots.
  • I have a very weak tank team for this challenge, because I've never focused on a tank directly for Arena/GW.

This is my team;
    Teebo 3* Gear 6 Lvl 61
    ST Han 5* Gear 6 Lvl 65
    Chewbacca 3* Gear 6 Lvl 58
    Royal Guard 3* Gear 6 Lvl 62
    Jedi Knight Guardian 2* Gear 5 Lvl 57

Yeah it's weak as ****, but I never use them for any other modes so I've not trained them much.
    Mace currently hits for 22k+ on his special ability and his shatterpoint does 100k+.
    His basic hits for 4.4K which is a lot considering my characters can't heal so I enter the battle with everyone at like 70-80% hp.

RG doesn't really stun him that much any more (like the previous challenge) and therefor I get rekt.
    Teebo using his TM reduction was really effective for the 70 challenge, but here everyone kinda just dies too fast for it to be relevant.
    I run a very similar team for the same reasons and yes, it is almost impossible on the new level. Luckily the new material doesnt seem to be needed by anyone at the moment so am leaving this challenge alone until needed. Hopefully by then will have enough motes to train all tanks to max and being a higher level by that point, should hopefully have enough power to beat it. :)
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    Lots of good advice in this thread. Hope it's not rude to piggy back on OP's request to ask some of my own. My current team:

Chewie 5* gear8 lvl65
    Teebo 6* gear6 lvl52
    Poe 5* gear6 lvl54
    JKG 4* gear6 lvl49
    RG 2* gear6 lvl45

On the bench: underdeveloped FoS, IG-100

The clear advice from the thread is work on beefing up Teebo and RG. I'd also say that there is a strong consensus to use my own Mace (which I'd need to invest a lot into unlocking and gearing, as I've ignored him to now.)

So, opinions: can I win by improving what I got, or do I really need my own Mace for the 5th slot? And if I stand pat, am I best served by focusing on improving JKG, or should I be replacing her with FoS or IG-100?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If you're finding it too frustrating and hard at Tier 4, just do tier 3. The only thing you'd miss out on is the Mk8 Electrobinoucular Salvage as the other two rewards are available at tier 3 (Mk1 Athakam medpac Salvage, Mk4 Stun Gun Salvage). Tier 5 gives you 1 more stun gun and 1 less medpac. None of my characters need the Mk8 EB gear yet, and I have over 250 of both the others.
    Currently seems like the least-"worth it" challenge out there.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • An update on this.
    I starred teebo up by 1 star and leveled his abilities more.
    I also geared RG up by 1 level.
    I can get Mace to about yellow HP now where as before I could barely damage him. I'm thinking I just need a few more levels/stars before I can pull it off.
    I'll hit it, eventually. Thanks all :)
    Something I noticed today: you have a good start, but one thing I found while doing challenges today is if you have an AoE attack that also inflicts debuffs like JKG and Boba Fett, these are invaluable. Hitting the support droids appears to increase debuff chance on Mace (description even hints to hit support droids periodically). When I did this I was able to offense-down him much more reliably. If you can get Teebos stealth ability to 5, the turn meter drop ups to 80%. Pretty big!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Add fives to your team, he will make the challenge a breeze
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    As far as I can tell, there's really no reason to worry about it now. You don't need the mats yet. Once you get your tanks to gear 9 it should be easier.
  • I went from beating it without in full health without mace ever landing a blow in the last challenge, to mace killing someone and making someone critical health each turn. o_0

Plus he resists my 5* lvl 65 RG's stun. I'm clearly not ready for this MASSIVE shift in difficulty...
  • I don't know why they decided he has to 1-hit KO with his normal attack on top of his guaranteed overkill setup.... Plus the speed boost.
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    7* gear 9 RG
    7* gear 8 Poe
    7* gear 8 Chewbacca
    7* gear 9 Finn
    7* gear 8 FOST

This is the combo I use and I don't have any problems. Try this combo and see if it helps.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Devour wrote: »
    7* gear 9 RG
    7* gear 8 Poe
    7* gear 8 Chewbacca
    7* gear 9 Finn
    7* gear 8 FOST

This is the combo I use and I don't have any problems. Try this combo and see if it helps.

Yeah everyone should put together a fully geared 7* team just for this challenge. It'll only take a day or two.
  • It's gonna get harder and harder to beat these challenges.

this team can finish on auto about 1 out of 5 times and wins on manual about four out of every five times.

Mace 6*/57
    RG 5*/60
    Fives 4*/70
    STH 7*/70
    JKG 6*/57

It got way harder with the the update.

Tanks I would look at using

Chewie - turn meter reduction
    RG - stun and slow
    Fives - slow and assist call
    Han - turn meter reduction
    Poe - to reduction and expose chance
    FOST - slow
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @InternetSwag

Many of the strategies posted here are viable. Ultimately the easiest answer is RG. His star level doesn't matter as much, as long as he survives mobs leading up to Mace he's fine. His gear, for potency, and basic ability level, for stun chance, are what really matters. My RG is maxed g9 (kind of irrelevant considering g8 is fine) and keeps Mace stun locked the entire match. I reached 72 the first possible day you could and have yet to lose a toon to Mace as a result of keeping him stun lock.

The rest is just packing DPS on to kill him.
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @InternetSwag Can you please advise the Potency of your RG and Teebo?

Your team maybe weak per se. But RG+Teebo must get you an easy win, as long as you have RG basic at level 4 (80% stun chance), and unless their potency is very low at those levels.

Mine are lvl 73 7* max gear, potency 70% and 40% respectively. Mace rarely resists their stuns and TM removal and stays stunned permanently. In fact, thanks to Teebo's 75% TM removal, he doesn't even get out of first stun.