about player stats

2Next

Replies

• So what is the use of this matter anyways? What is the use of those statreports ? They should not do it, it is not the concerne of other players what any player spent in this game!
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    So EA, stop that nonsense!!! I am a p2p but futurely you won't get any money of me if you show my stats to all the world.
    (And sorry, english isn't my native language)
    Don't worry about it mate because hardy anybody will remember you. Most of the posters that posted their rank 1 are forgotten a sec we read it and hardy anybody ever looked at their names.
    Players stats is different because your guild will actually acknowledge you and your contributions.

• Timitock wrote: »
    @Timitock I supposed you didn't, but I went and checked the TOS. It does explicitly say that EA will never share your personal data with third parties without your written consent. Their customers (a.k.a. players) are third parties. So by accepting their TOS, I explicitly accepted that they WILL NOT share this information without my written consent. There is a chance that TOS vary in other countries (I'm in germany), but remember this game is international, and EA has to abide by each country's law, and some countries are pretty restrictive in that sense.

And just to be clear, I couldn't care less, I'm as F2P as it can get, but I understand a lot of people don't want that to be public, neither should they be forced to have it publicly available, according to the TOS.

And stop saying that noone can identify you from a forum/game set of data. It's possible, not easy, but possible with the right set of tools and skills.

Key phrase there is "Your Personal Data". The data being displayed is neither yours nor personal.

If someone can identify you, then you have let info slip and that is on you.

Reading is more than just understanding the individual words.

Your PERSONAL data would be name, billing address, card info, DOB, forum handle, etc.

For example, here I am Timitock, would anyone care to tell me who I am in game?
    Get back to me on that.

And what is my IRL name? Good luck finding it on my linked Facebook, because that isnt my name either.

There is no danger or risk, and this is perfectly legal.

The information about purchases I've done is neither personal nor mine. And I'm the one told that "reading is more than understanding individual words". /ok

I'm fairly confident that EA will have a better law assistant in this regard than me, but I understand the concerns of a lot of people. There is no need for any danger or risk, some people treat this information as personal and that's scary for a lot of them. You won't get the scare away by shouting that all is fine and there is no danger and they're stupid for being scared, and it's irrelevant information for the game, so there is no harm in giving an option to not have it published. On the other hand, have it forcibly published and you will get an insane amount of complaints from people having their personal data published. And for a lot of them, without even a warning (remember, the population of the forums is a very small fraction of the actual number of players).

But clearly you have your mind set, and you prefer to force people to share their information instead of letting them choose what they want to share, so I won't bother arguing with you anymore. I just hope noone does it for you when you are the one who doesn't want to.
  • Jooba
    61 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Timitock wrote: »

snip

Gonna agree with Timitock here. The information that will be shared is info relating to your game account. It does not share your Google Play/Game Center ID, your personal info like where you live, etc. The info they are sharing is their property, and statistics about the accounts on the game. They are not telling anyone anything about you or any information that someone could find out who you are.

They will never share that information, so anything beyond that is their property. This is no different than in other games, running up to someone and hitting the 'inspect' button to see their character and all the information regarding that toon.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I choose mercy so he may be turned back to the light.
  • I like this idea personally. It will remind me how little I received in relation to how much I spent, thusly helping me keep from going back to p2p. It will also help people estimate how much refund to request from apple/google whenever a person decides they are sick of being a wallet for the company
  • Bluecouching
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2016

But actually, it IS their right.
    Its their game.
    Its their info.
    Its their EULA/TOS
    You agreed when you installed.

What is it you are afraid will happen with this info?
    It has zero connection to your IRL person.

No, you are wrong with that argue, no connection to IRL person. I have friends playing that game, my sons are playing, some other people I make business with are playing... some players use their ingame name not only in swgoh but in twitter, facebook and other social medias. Ist is so easy to make a connection to IRL person (even if you don't do that)

And to say it's EA's EULA/TOS: (sarcasm mode on:) if they write futurely all EA workers are allowed to f... your wife live on tv this is ok than because you agreed when you installed.

This thread should be used to make EA thinking about what to publish and what not, not more.

Blue It's a trap - German guild - It's a trap Black
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member

But actually, it IS their right.
    Its their game.
    Its their info.
    Its their EULA/TOS
    You agreed when you installed.

What is it you are afraid will happen with this info?
    It has zero connection to your IRL person.

No, you are wrong with that argue, no connection to IRL person. I have friends playing that game, my sons are playing, some other people I make business with are playing... some players use their ingame name not only in swgoh but in twitter, facebook and other social medias. Ist is so easy to make a connection to IRL person (even if you don't do that)

And to say it's EA's EULA/TOS: (sarcasm mode on:) if they write futurely all EA workers are allowed to f... your wife live on tv this is ok than because you agreed when you installed.

This thread should be used to make EA thinking about what to publish and what not, not more.

You and your friends must be very happy.

In the future, if you disagree with a fact, just ignore it, and it will cease to be factual.

Brilliant!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Currently, everyone on the forums is rank #1 and either did it all entirely free, or have spent thousands.
    Nope, im in the top 500 only (best rank ever was somewhere around #70 so far) :tongue: but, ya, this i made F2P (and i dont care, if ppl see, that i wasted some crystals to packs - since you are able to get crystals ingame for no money as well).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Jooba wrote: »

snip

Gonna agree with Timitock here. The information that will be shared is info relating to your game account. It does not share your Google Play/Game Center ID, your personal info like where you live, etc. The info they are sharing is their property, and statistics about the accounts on the game. They are not telling anyone anything about you or any information that someone could find out who you are.

They will never share that information, so anything beyond that is their property. This is no different than in other games, running up to someone and hitting the 'inspect' button to see their character and all the information regarding that toon.

I don't think there are other games where you could see how much money another player did spend. I'm ok with displaying roster, wins/losses etc. But how many packs you bought is a bit too much.
  • Total Arena Battles Won/Lost
    Total Galactic War Battles Won
    Total Sim Tickets Used
    Total Energy Spent
    Total Data Cards Opened
    Total Credits Spent
    And more!

Besides from what "and more" could mean, I don't really see any private informations here. Neither do I see anything that gives a solid guess of how much money someone spent.

As the only ingame currency that is not mentioned, are crystals.

I expect data cards to mean all data cards, and even if not...
    Running thru Arena with a 7* chromium exclusive, allready gives everybody an idea of how many packs someone opened.

I guess it will be possible to identify if someone is f2p or a big spender by that stats.
    BUT looking on someone's total rooster will do that much easier.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    Currently, everyone on the forums is rank #1 and either did it all entirely free, or have spent thousands.
    Nope, im in the top 500 only (best rank ever was somewhere around #70 so far) :tongue: but, ya, this i made F2P (and i dont care, if ppl see, that i wasted some crystals to packs - since you are able to get crystals ingame for no money as well).

Exception that proves the rule.
  • Wife joins guild, suddenly realizes I've spent thousands on a game with money I've been hiding to do so. I may be getting a divorce. LOL.

I mean, I see the side that you don't want to have a spotlight shinned on your addiction. I don't either. It may actually show how dumb we are for spending so much for so little in a simple game. If I seen a stat on how much I invested in the game it might just depress me. If my car suddenly stops working and I need two grand to fix it and oh, well if I hadn't spent it here my car would be able to be fixed right now... I'm an ****.

I think it should be my decision to share that info. The more options we have as individuals the better. I don't think anyone should be forced to share info with people they don't know... What if I hate my guild? Now I've shared more info with them than I do with my friends on my Facebook account. I honestly don't post much at all on faceplace so that's a valid point. Now I've gotta share what I've done in a day with strangers?

We all wanna win, be the best, and depending on the content rewarded it's almost a must with going to a guild. We don't wanna be left in the dust.

It would be like Walmart posting the things you purchase on your Facebook... Oh, old Ben needed hemorrhoid cream today. Spent $30 for it. Same idea as that awkward feeling when someone you know gets behind you in line and they see what you're buying. You feel exposed. Yep, the wife is having a hevy flow period this month and sent me to purchase her supplies.

Sure, we have the option to stop playing but we've invested so much time and effort it's like finding out the person you love a year after being married once used to be the oppistite sex.

I mean I didn't know they were ever gonna show other players before I signed up. May have changed if I had played it at all... I assumed that was my right to blast it all over the forums or not. Same with fabricating certain stories. I got Anakin in a free pack today... Nope, says here you spent $300 on crystals today. You're not lucky, you just opened your wallet.

I see both sides to this. Just I'm more on the side of allowing me to decide what I wanna share. Not really a need for such transparency about what I spend when and where unless I want to. Heck I didn't even wanna share my ally code with my guild. One I don't know them, two didn't wanna get flooded with requests from younger accounts and have to deal with answering why I didn't want to delete a level 72 player to make room for their low end level 60 characters.

So, try to relax folks. Just because you see a gold and black dress doesn't mean the other person less than intelligent because they see a black and blue dress.
  • I'm just scared my wife will see my stats and do the math to see how much I've been spending!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • I'm just scared my wife will see my stats and do the math to see how much I've been spending!

Ha, salutations fellow guilder. I had just made a similar point lol.
  • Great minds kind of thing dt! Either that or husbands under the thumb!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Resistance is Futile. Your stats will be assimilated into the collective.

Change password :)
  • Not sure why, but I feel like their are closet P2W players who are afraid of being outted. If there wasn't a P2W shame culture (of which I participate) in mobile gaming, I doubt P2Wers would care.

There are some games, like counterstrike global offensive, where people pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for weapon skins/paints and knives. Those players with the ultra expensive stuffs are actually respected for having them, because either they got lucky in a draw, or they bought it outright, and it does not have an effect on game performance; it's purely aesthetic. It's when "players" pay for advantage that it becomes a competitive shame.

For me, it doesn't matter either way. I can tell the P2W people without seeing their individual stats. It's apparent by their 7* chromium-Only character(s). Anyone remember the cost estimate for having a 7* Darth Maul, QGJ, and Old Ben back when they were all chromium-only?
  • Simple solution: allow users to select whether or not to make their statistics viewable to allies/guild mates.

People who are serious about gaming and contributing to guilds will most likely want to be able to see this information - so let them.

Everyone else who is uncomfortable about revealing their purchasing history or concerned about their privacy won't be affected.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ExarKun wrote: »
    Ok just tell me how much do you earn a month.
    Tell me every dhirty secret .

Not much I'm sure. He's too busy trolling the forums.
  • I'm hoping it doesn't really show how much we've spent. I don't really want to see it and I really don't want my boyfriend to see it. I also don't want to be criticized for making dumb choices.
    Also there may not be an IRL connection now, but in WOW guilds had their own sites with pictures etc. so there could be stronger connections later. Putting all this information together gives someone a lot of info about you. Opting out leaves you kind of on the outs with your team.
    I think seeing someone's roster should be good enough.
  • Darktink22 wrote: »
    I'm hoping it doesn't really show how much we've spent. I don't really want to see it and I really don't want my boyfriend to see it. I also don't want to be criticized for making dumb choices.
    Also there may not be an IRL connection now, but in WOW guilds had their own sites with pictures etc. so there could be stronger connections later. Putting all this information together gives someone a lot of info about you. Opting out leaves you kind of on the outs with your team.
    I think seeing someone's roster should be good enough.

It wasn't going to literally show how much you've spent. They were planning to display how many "data packs" you've opened. From there it could be easy to determine how many were from bronzium, due to the number of free tries we get per day, over a period of time. The remainder would be the amount of chromiums, of which could be equated to money spent on crystals.

They've reverted the decision to display that stat though. The extent of your P2W spending habits is now safe again. You can now go back to telling everyone you accomplished everything while being F2P, because that's what all the cool kids do. Not saying that is your case, just in general.