Guild recruitment post leaching

Paromos
192 posts Member
edited April 2016
Started up a guild recently, and had a post up in the guild section on it asking people to respond with the info I require for them to be able to join.

The issue I am having is that other guilds are actually going onto my post and leaching off of people who respond to it. Stealing my potential members who were interested in my guild.

I have lost 5 extremely talented people to multiple "top" guilds. All because members/leaders of these guilds leaching members off of my post.

I could have people PM me the info I require, but that would mean that the post itself would lack responses and therefore not be at the top of the list in the guild section. Which would be an issue itself when trying to recruit.

If anyone has any ideas of how to prevent post leaching, please let me know. Because it is extremely pathetic and weak for someone to do.
Post edited by Paromos on

Replies

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I agree with you. You should edit this to take the caps out of the subject line before they delete the post though.
  • Edited your title. Please don't post title in all caps =)
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Good point OP. It's actually tragic that guilds like Instinct do that kind of thing. They have several members I highly respect for writing insightful posts and guides. Leeching should be beneath them, as it should be for all respectable people.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    I'd have members pm the info, or be interviewed via Line. It's really too bad that people are poaching before the content even goes live.

Potential members should at least now be wary of the practice and excuse invitations to guilds they have not applied for.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    Guilds like that tend to fracture and have high turn over anyways. At least one of the guilds claims they have insider information on the upcoming update as a recruitment tool. I hope that's not accurate for the sake of competitiveness when it goes active.
  • Paromos
    192 posts Member
    Diraan wrote: »
    I'd have members pm the info, or be interviewed via Line. It's really too bad that people are poaching before the content even goes live.

Potential members should at least now be wary of the practice and excuse invitations to guilds they have not applied for.

That is why this post needs to be seen by people on this forum.

If someone wanted to apply for your guild, they would apply to it. Just because they didn't and you still want them to join does not mean you leach them off of another guild recruitment post. It's sad.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    SeaWhy wrote: »
    Guilds like that tend to fracture and have high turn over anyways. At least one of the guilds claims they have insider information on the upcoming update as a recruitment tool. I hope that's not accurate for the sake of competitiveness when it goes active.

It's not accurate. They are lying flat out, and hopefully their guild will fracture and disappear once the lies become obvious to all.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    This is fairly common in games, then as top guilds are established lots more will jump ship.

It's no different then life where you want the highest possible salary. Plus the people you lost would of jumped ship anyways so better to lose them now then when you actually need them.
  • I hope this game doesn't become like others I've played where recruiting eats up all your time
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It's not cool to peruse other guilds' recruitment threads, looking for members for your own guild.

It's not cool to post about or advertise your guild in other guilds' thread.

It's not cool to do what the OP referenced.

It's also not cool to join multiple guilds, as I found a person in my guild to have done.

There's an etiquette and protocol here. Consult C-3PO if you don't know what's appropriate guild behavior.
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Before you start throwing out accusations towards Team Instinct, I think it would be best for you to offer a shred of proof. Otherwise, what you say is baseless and appears to be a feeble attempt to sully and besmirch the name of other guilds. To me, that's worse than what you are trying to debate with this thread.

I believe I can speak for the entirety of Team Instinct by saying that your claims are false in regards to our guild participating in these "leeching" activities.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    As the member of Team Instinct who recruits, I would ask you to PM me who we took from your guild.

There was a post made in the general forums asking about people's 7* count. I saw a couple people who stood out and asked them if they wanted to apply.

That thread was in general, for everyone to see. It wasn't a recruitment thread to your guild... and I know I am not the only recruiter who used that thread to our advantage.

I would never go into your Guild thread and try and take anyone. We have plenty of applicants who want to join. But I am also not going to ignore a general forum thread that helps me find some of the more powerful people in the game.

Edit: If it matters, here is the thread I am referring to. Nothing claimed it was anything more than "information."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25987/how-many-7-s-do-you-have/p1
  • Just curious, but how exactly do you know which members were taken, and which guilds took them. I'd like to keep this out of my own guild as well, since it doesn't seem like fair play.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Couple suggestions for other guilds.

Put an application link in your guild threads OP. Tell users to fill that out and respond to your thread by saying "Sent in an app!" or something along these lines.

That will "bump" your thread, while also keeping the application information private.

Second, don't make "general" posts where you are fishing for information. Anyone who's smart will use this for their guild.

Third, have your members bump your thread. New members come in and say "Glad to be here!" or something. Also, bump your own thread. Give updates on remaining roster slots. Welcome new members.

Lastly, I will guarantee you that I will not ask anyone to join team instinct if I know they are either 1) in another guild or 2) posting in another guilds thread. Now, I can't guarantee part 2 always... because I don't look at other teams threads. So, it's possible I will see someone in a different thread and reach out to them but it wouldn't be intentional.

I hope some of this information can be useful and I hope other guilds will follow suit to avoid poaching members.