Galactic War - Hard Mode implementation to answer the Credit issue

Elinad
179 posts Member
edited April 2016
I thought about this for some time, and it seems great to me. When playing GW, you could be able to tick a box to activate "Hard Mode". Teams you face may be harder, but the key point is : no retreat. In HM you can't retreat and try again. So you have to rely on your collection to make it through the whole thing.

As a reward, on each node, credit gain would be double.

It seems to me an easy thing to be implemented by the devs, also (as a dev it really seems just little tweaks to answer something that the community has been asking for a long time now).

What do you think ?

Galactic War - Hard Mode implementation to answer the Credit issue 28 votes

Galactic War on Hard Mode is a great idea !
21%
ElinadJarlRagnarValaMorghulisFjs752MasterSeedyorka126 6 votes
Meh, I don't like the idea.
32%
WildWest1974Brazilian_JoeInternetSwagStarjumperlunarwolfMegatronDJMount_firstZingthing_7DemonLeprech4un 9 votes
Good idea but not the right answer for the lack of credit.
25%
KrokovichMegadeth3700PardeyGirLTheMadTwadderKobiDrewPowerzanyakín 7 votes
EA / CG will never do this because they want us to use our cristals for credits.
21%
GuardiasJarlRagnarXaylinGoosyStlmarkPatsRule_546 6 votes

Replies

• The premise of this poll is that there is an issue with credits.. Credits come easy. Gear/mats are difficult. :/
  • Meh, I don't like the idea.
    You couldn't pay me to do GW twice a day.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    You couldn't pay me to do GW twice a day.

I didn't say to do it twice. Do it once, but in the said Hard mode, higher difficulty and higher rewards.
    The premise of this poll is that there is an issue with credits.. Credits come easy. Gear/mats are difficult. :/

Gear / mats are difficult, but there actually is a lack of credit for a lot of players, so I thought it would be a nice reward for an augmented difficulty GW. I don't really lack credit myself, but I would really enjoy more challenge for a better reward !
  • Galactic War on Hard Mode is a great idea !
    The thing I'm stuck on is Training Droids, though I suppose if I did get enough training droids, THEN I would be stuck on credits.

In any case, I would be Gear and Shards are still going to be the main cause of grind. But I'd like to actually be able to level up my characters, please.

I don't know if you double the money or not, but if you got the same number of training droids, but with each training droid having one extra star, I'd be very tempted to try the Hard Mode.

=========>Separately...

When you say, "cannot retreat," in one place, you say in a different place, "you have to rely on your collection to make it through the whole thing". To be clear: you're saying you can still swap toons between encounters, right? And you still can try a node again with different toons if your team gets wiped out, right?

Or do you mean that you have to rely on 5 toons only to make it through beginning to end? I've done that before, but not very often.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Heym no I mean that you can't retreat willingly, but of course you can still swap toons between fights and try with another squad when wiped out. The thing is, you would then be forced to be clever about what squad to take to face each enemy, and that would improve greatly the quality of GW in general !
  • Good idea but not the right answer for the lack of credit.
    The premise of this poll is that there is an issue with credits.. Credits come easy. Gear/mats are difficult. :/

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Meh, I don't like the idea.
    I'd rather have a new game mode, like an 'endurance' mode where we start playing with our weaker characters, playing against our own roster.

As each character dies, the next in power steps in.
    Characters which can revive a toon will either replace the most recently spawned with the most recently deceased, putting the recently spawned back in first place in the next-to-spawn pool, or have a better heal ability in place of the ressurect effect - like removing all debuffs from party and buffs from opponents, then applying a powerful heal to the party.

If the enemy pool is exhausted, the weakest enemies reappear autogenerated leveled up to our top-level toons.

It ends after all characters die.
    @Bentwookie I have only 1mil credits with 2x7* toons that need activating, there is a credit prob with game for free to play...!
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    I'd rather have a new game mode, like an 'endurance' mode where we start playing with our weaker characters, playing against our own roster.

As each character dies, the next in power steps in.
    Characters which can revive a toon will either replace the most recently spawned with the most recently deceased, putting the recently spawned back in first place in the next-to-spawn pool, or have a better heal ability in place of the ressurect effect - like removing all debuffs from party and buffs from opponents, then applying a powerful heal to the party.

If the enemy pool is exhausted, the weakest enemies reappear autogenerated leveled up to our top-level toons.

It ends after all characters die.

New game modes are always better. But put that in perspective. My proposition would take a few hours of work for one dev. What you want to do (and I would like something like this as well, with some adjustments though) is completely new, and would require weeks of work from a whole team.
    You know....I never knew you could even retreat from GW until I was in the 60's. I spent the whole time seeing it as a one go through where you had to really strategize. Then I saw it mentioned on here and realized about the set RNG for each battle and being able to manipulate the matches. GOOD LORD so much easier....
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    EA / CG will never do this because they want us to use our cristals for credits.

If you only fous on a few/your core Characters at once sure. If you want to level or promote outside your core team this just isn't true. Credits ate regularly an issue for me because I think the game is boring if I only level 5 characters