Padawan in need of assistance

So, I really suck at getting a good arena rank. Part of the problem is I play the team I like, not the best team for the win – I know, crazy me doing it for fun. So without prejudicing anything by telling you the line-up I use, if anybody can tell me what I should make out of this lot I’ll give it a try for a week at least.
7* Lumi, GS, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Nightsister Initiate, Sid, Mace, Phasma, Poggle
6* Barriss, Yoda
5* Chewie, Talia, Old Daka, RG, Dooku, Fives
I have the credits/droids/mats to punch this up a bit as needed. All on purple gear. Any help greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    First: The game is about to change dramatically. Any advice will get stale quickly.
    That said, of what you have here, the most powerful teams are likely either speed/DPS or evasion/DPS:
    - Speed: QGJ lead, Yoda, GS, RG, and either Dooku or Lumi depending on if you want more offense or defense.
    - Evasion: Dooku lead, GS, QGJ and two of Lumi, Sid, Old Daka, RG.
    You can sub in Poggle or Phasma in one of these slots if you want the quick Offense Up or some turn manipulation.
    These are cookie cutter teams I'm afraid, but that's the way things are right now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    First: The game is about to change dramatically. Any advice will get stale quickly.

Very true, that's part of the cause of my willingness to try some new ideas, do some homework before the update. Thanks for the input Qeltar.
  • Options
    That said, of what you have here, the most powerful teams are likely either speed/DPS or evasion/DPS:
    - Speed: QGJ lead, Yoda, GS, RG, and either Dooku or Lumi depending on if you want more offense or defense.
    You can sub in Poggle or Phasma in one of these slots if you want the quick Offense Up or some turn manipulation.
    These are cookie cutter teams I'm afraid, but that's the way things are right now.
    Can't give better advice than this.
  • Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    Can't give better advice than this.

Totally agree. Good luck!
  • Options

Very true, that's part of the cause of my willingness to try some new ideas, do some homework before the update. Thanks for the input Qeltar.

That guy know his stuff. I'll forth what he said.

I for one don't fear the upcoming change. I have multiple max or almost maxed toons of every variety. Bring it on...

• Options
    Took Qeltars advice, kicked the **** out of some guys without losing a toon. Very nice combinations. Thanks!
  • Options
    Now I want to know what teams you were using before... Lol
  • Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    Now I want to know what teams you were using before... Lol

it was a bit of a hybrid that had some strengths and some weaknesses. Part speed/part evasion/part stun based on who I like using. I just needed to pick one and run with it, the outside counsel helped get me out of my own rut of thinking. Good foruming :-)
  • Options
    What's a couple of examples? I'm curious
  • Samurai_Kitten_1
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Phasma (L), Fives, Dooku, GS, QGJ - for an assist/counter fest. Fun when you get an assist with a phasma bonus, but wasteful when you triple hit a toon in the red.
    Dooku (L), Old Daka, RG + 2 others lacked oomph as those 3 are all 5*, but great stunning Jedi all over the place.
    I try to avoid Bariss, JC and Lumi in arena as I see enough of them in GW. Like I said, picking teams for fun rather than effectiveness (and the emotional attachment of the grind to get some of them to 7*). Today I went with QGJ (L), Yoda, GS, RG and Lumi and it turned out to be quite effective so happy days.
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    Options
    In my opinion, playing with the characters you like, even if they can't be a top team, is more fun than choosing geonosians, Greedo, etc. just cause they are strong - I'm pretty sure SW fans dislikes them, but people just can't handle losing;) I bet if a strong hutt is added to SWGoH many players would choose it for arena team too:D
  • pnutbutter
    550 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your setups weren't too bad. Just a little tweaking required as you found out today. Good luck going forward