The Problem with Darth Sidious

Replies

• i personally think sid is junk. low damage. and most non-jedi hard hitters can 1 shot him. took him out of my arena team about 6 weeks ago.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I don't know. I run an all Jedi team for Arena and GW, and he doesn't bother me much, even though he's on almost every squad I fight. I take out the other team's token glass cannon or two, then maybe Lumi to avoid her special attack and healing, and then I take out Sid. I've taken him out in 2 or 3 hits, and sometimes it takes 12+ if he's constantly dodging (which happens). It keeps life interesting. :)

Yoda's tenacity buff, plus putting him as leader, can help counter the healing debuff, and then it's just a matter of time before Sid falls.
  • Goose
    26 posts Member
    Problem with Sid is not that he's overpowered, it's that he is so ubiquitous at a point in the game where most players have yet to develop adequate counters. For that mid game player with a Jedi heavy build, it's a rough 10-15 levels; Sid will ruin your milkshake.

Most games have stretches like this, though I do think that both his presence and advantage is particularly acute for players choosing that early Jedi build.

Lots of us have been there. Check the forums and adjust your build, there are plenty of good Sid killers.

If you're a late game player and still having Sid problems......see above.
  • I'm mid-game and my squad (QGJ (Lead), GS, Sid, Lumi and JC as still farming other toons) makes quick work of him (As a F2P I also use and farm him). As others said he's not a threat and actually in general is 3rd on my kill list after the other teams heavy hitters / assist callers. Yes he gives healing debuff, but by the time that is an issue, the other team is already mostly dead he is dead and either I heal up once it wears off or I finish nuking the other team and still win.

You just need to work out strategies with him. Examples:

Lumi's Force Blast (ability block special) almost never lands on him for me, but most the time her Flow of the Force (standard attack) does. So I use Flow of the Force and not Force Blast.
    QGJ's Quick Strike rarely hits, but the harmonious assault does and also calls an ally to assist, so guess what, I use harmonious assault on him (if it calls my sid or GS then bonus).
    GS's Swarm hits him like a truck on him and calls an ally to assist which can either hit or miss depending on the assist it calls and RNG of dodge if it's a Jedi.
    JC I use standard attacks and hope for the best, saving the stronger attacks for other hits or heal if I can.
  • I have a maxed out Sidius and just swapped him with a 5* yoda in my arena because while sidius is good, yoda is better in my full jedi squad. With that being said, running all jedi against him he can be a nuisance but nothing over powered.

If anything, I feel like Sidius is a perfect balance. There's plenty of other over powered characters in the game, which you'll find out once you start leveling up.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ...EVERY single fight I use purple geared people to take out Sidious in the beginning of a game. It doesn't work. I check his stats: OH WOW EA, you gave him 35% evasion as well from ALL Jedi attacks way to go!!!

If you're using an all jedi squad against him then the problem is not Darth Sidious but it's rather located 2 feet away from your screen.
    With 3 jedis, RG for stuns and taunts and a single—target non—jedi hard—hitter, you'll be fine. Also take out one or two others first, so that they don't eat you up, while you're working on DS.
    Sidious chops at him and guess what? HE GETS HEALING FREAKINGN IMMUNITY. WHO MADE THIS OP POWER IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Not even Yoda should be able to get that!!
    AI often has DS fire his AOE first before his basic. That delays the debuff a bit. If you have 2 healers in the squad f.ex. Lumi and Barris or even JC for frequent heals you'll survive the debuff. It wears off again and by that time you have killed DS + 1 or 2 more and can recover with healing.
    Then the opponent team used a taunt from their tank (who I can't kill because they don't have healing immunity on them) and then Sidious can heal back to 100% health because he has health regen abilities as well.
    You're playing jedis, right? Did you ever figure out what QGJ's special ability is for? That's right. Cancelling enemy taunts.
    I say EA, you really did it. You created a monster ...
    You can be one too. Observe, adapt and win.
    Oh, did I forget to mention that his leader ability grants him and his teammates critical chance ability? He also has a nice AOE effect!! He's every OP thing you could imagine in one character! And the best part?

Did you check your own jedi squad's leader abilities? High speedup for jedis, high health regen for jedis or high health pool.

Hrmmmm.... this can't be for real. I'm starting to think, that I've been trolled.

Over and out!
  • Zombies everywhere!!!

What a thread to Necro.

He's okay not op.

I don't use him anymore. Plenty of better options.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Sidious is only a threat in new shards, because nobody has anything else leveled up yet. he is the perfect f2p character and can be good in the right lineup, but never overpowered. i never look at a team and say shoot, he has a sidious, better avoid that team. Quite the opposite, i love seeing sidious in arena, because its always a weak link in this meta.
  • Please nerf Darth Sidious because he's in a whole different league from the other characters and let me explain why.

Firstly, he's not that easy to kill. I don't get how people are saying he is because EVERY single fight I use purple geared people to take out Sidious in the beginning of a game. It doesn't work. I check his stats: OH WOW EA, you gave him 35% evasion as well from ALL Jedi attacks way to go!!!

Next, Darth Sidious gets healed and his health is close to max. Great, I have to do this again. The rest of my guys have low health so I use a taunt on my tank.

Sidious chops at him and guess what? HE GETS HEALING FREAKINGN IMMUNITY. WHO MADE THIS OP POWER IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Not even Yoda should be able to get that!!

Nevertheless, the effect lasts for not even two but THREE moves so my character is good as DEAD. This goes for everyone Sidious attacks. Plus his damage isn't even like Chewbacca!! It's actually above decent ****!

Then the opponent team used a taunt from their tank (who I can't kill because they don't have healing immunity on them) and then Sidious can heal back to 100% health because he has health regen abilities as well.

I say EA, you really did it. You created a monster and now I'm starting to get sick of seeing the SAME teams and the SAME gameplay each time because SIDIOUS is god **** OP AF and won't even let you heal!

Oh, did I forget to mention that his leader ability grants him and his teammates critical chance ability? He also has a nice AOE effect!! He's every OP thing you could imagine in one character! And the best part?

HE WONT EVEN LET YOU HEAL YOUR CHARACTERS!! HHAHAHAHAH...

Sorry for sounding angry this is both a complaint and a rant at the same time and I understand the game is still developing. But please devs, Sidious is the weak chain in the link and everything about him is screaming nerf!! So please, make him a much fairer opponent to face with a team behind him as well to support.

You have to change up your team and strategy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • AllNightFright
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I have a problem against him as well, but mine is different. I use the Ig's, level 70 max gear and *'s, in most of my squads and here is what happens. 86 does his assist attack and gets sidious down to red, then, no matter who the assistant is, sidious will dodge (seems if an AI character is red hos doge chance increases) and, a high percentage of the time no one on my team will go again until the healer on my opponent's team has a chance to go. By now, 1 of my squads will have sidious' heal immunity on them and it will get placed on another member of my squad on his second turn, because I rarely dodge enemy attacks. So, even against lower levels I still lose at least one healer or power house hitter.

I think the combo of his high dodge with the AI teams having a boost to their dodge ratings and resist ratings Coupled with the increase to dodge when AI is in the red and it does make it more frustrating than challenging.

The fact that I see him in every group in arena and a strong possibility of frustration or elimination of my suicide squads and/or 1, maybe 2, main team members each time I face him in GW toward the end (as long as he is 6 or more levels lower he is ok) in a group with him and the count and/or some other good sidious support has to tell you something. It would be nice if there were more variety. I feel like I'm pigeonholed into playing the same square I face over and over. That an empire build isn't viable until some day getting case up to 7*, the droid build is ok if sidious doesn't heal immune IG 86 followed by the count setting 3 to 4 attacks on him taking out my powerhouse in the 1st or 2nd round, Jedi are good unless sidious shows up. I think the artificial boosts to AI dodge and resistance takes AI squads from the realm of challenging to that of cheap and frustrating.
  • Please nerf Darth Sidious because he's in a whole different league from the other characters and let me explain why.

Firstly, he's not that easy to kill. I don't get how people are saying he is because EVERY single fight I use purple geared people to take out Sidious in the beginning of a game. It doesn't work. I check his stats: OH WOW EA, you gave him 35% evasion as well from ALL Jedi attacks way to go!!!

Next, Darth Sidious gets healed and his health is close to max. Great, I have to do this again. The rest of my guys have low health so I use a taunt on my tank.

Nevertheless, the effect lasts for not even two but THREE moves so my character is good as DEAD. This goes for everyone Sidious attacks. Plus his damage isn't even like Chewbacca!! It's actually above decent ****!

I say EA, you really did it. You created a monster and now I'm starting to get sick of seeing the SAME teams and the SAME gameplay each time because SIDIOUS is god **** OP AF and won't even let you heal!

Sorry for sounding angry this is both a complaint and a rant at the same time and I understand the game is still developing. But please devs, Sidious is the weak chain in the link and everything about him is screaming nerf!! So please, make him a much fairer opponent to face with a team behind him as well to support.

You must be a noob or a new player if your asking to nerf sidious. It's either that or you need a lot of help in this game.
  • When my GS is maxed I
    Won't even be using sidious he is always the first to die and I do it with my 2nd attacker.
    My dooku always goes first but these days I use him to stun QGJ. Then it's usually their sidious who attacks second.
    Always uses his special first on AI which means my dooku will retaliate hitting him twice. Not causing much damage but then it's my ray to hit......Boom dooku gone. Then it's 5-4.
    However if I'm fighting against a player who has IG88 or GS my ray will take them out. Sidious isn't much of a threat to most teams these days. Not when you have a 7star Old Dhaka
  • I run full Jedi and find that Sid is nothing at all...
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Either TC can't handle this backlash or he just trolled a lot of people, cause he hasn't said a single thing.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sid is just fine the way he is Dont change a Thing..!
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • If anything, he is underpowered. Let's remember that he single-handedly killed Kit Fisto and a couple other Jedi all at once (though he did lose to Windu) and also went toe-to-toe with the strongest and wisest non-Skywalker Jedi of all time, Yoda.
  • I like Sidious where he is. He deserves to be underpowered. I hate that loser.
  • I mean, he is DARTH SIDIOUS. Master of the Dark Side and Ruler of the Sith. I mean... He should have an advantage against Jedi. I think his abilities very much mirror the epitome of what Sidious is in the movies and expanded universe.
  • Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Darth Sidious in SWGOH? He's nowhere near his lore counterpart.

The easy solution to Sid: GS assist call. No more Sid.

Yep, that works every time. You can use GS, IG-86, another SID and Dooku. Jedi's more reliable after he's yellow.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct

I agree with you man. He's a hard one to GET, MAINTAIN, and his **** is just plain unreal! There are SO,SO many characters in the game that suck, no matter lvl or power so why only make a few characters worth a **** and the rest, just allow us to trade or something with people who are your friends or just good people.
    THANKS,
    CHRIS BEELER
  • SID is fine the way it is, if u can beat it just change strategies simple as that!!
  • Zoh31
    78 posts Member
    He needs a buff if anything :/
    Poor guy is a one shot kill
  • Sid has been on my bench for a long time now. Low damage, lower health
  • I don't find him too difficult to fight. If you don't kill him off early, he will ruin your day though. My biggest question is why is he using TWO lightsabers? Count Dooku gets a force lightning attack but not the Emperor? That's really my only beef with him. He also should be clothed in black. When I picture Sidious, I only see Episode VI. Is this something from the Clone Wars series?

Probably not the best place to post this, but whatever. It is a problem I have with Darth Sidious. :tongue:
  • Another great first post calling for a nerf of a charecter that is anything but OP. :/
    He is easily beatable.

Sometimes you just lose a battle, it is not an indictment of EA or how unfair any given charecter is.

Adjust your lineup and/or strategy and try it again. It really makes the game a lot of fun when you figure out ways to get past a problem.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    I hunt Sid. Rex loved to face him. Do much turn meter from side abilities when I apply squad discipline. Only toon I like to see more with rex is darth vader.

Ewok elder and Bariss are other counters. Both heal through sids healing immunity and ewok elder can even remove it.
  • Yar_Nahtan
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    One thing. If he isn't op then explain why he is in 99% of of people's arena line ups. That's an obvious sign. He's easy to kill... Yeah unless you face a maxed out one which most people are trying to do now. Either take away his heal on a character dying or his heal block. It gets old seeing him in every line up even when he has no synergy with the rest of the squad. And we're not talking about lore here. We're talking about game balancing. I'd be fine with given him force lightening in place of either of those abilities. The two together along with his resistance to jedi is a bit much not to mention his killer leader ability.
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    I agree that he is among the most annoying characters- especially in GW. The stacking of huge dodge on jedi attacks (for some reason he dodges even my Dooku quite often too:/), big life-steal, healing and gaining turn meter on anyone's death, 100% to apply healing immunity on hit (negated by Tenacity) is a bit too much, so I'd put him on the OP list. He can be a big nuisance in arena too, but not the biggest threat. But the game is about to change a lot after the update so such discussions should be postponed.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Wow ... Old Daka found a random dead thread to revive??

I am pretty sure, by now, the creator of this thread already noticed, that Sid is no threat at all. His damage is low, his hp is low, is AoE is more like a group-cuddle (and a free shot for Dooku/Fives & Co + free buff for Savage) and his heal immunity-debuff works even for AI at 50% chance only, due to his low (not-existing) potency.

BTW: even with his 35% evade against Jedis, he is still beatable even for full-jedi-teams as well ... just dont waste your high-cool-down specials on him, try basic attacks. ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • MaceRekt - what team are fielding against him?

I rarely let him last the first round in GW due to heal block but you can forget him in the Arena. blat him with the ever present FTP Geno Soldier.

It's not rocket surgery.