Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Prev134567229
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited May 2017
Hi all –

I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:
  • Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
  • Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
  • Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
  • Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

Thanks!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• First let me say I am p2p, I have spent $4.99 total on this game and been playing since November. Now that that is out of the way. I feel everyone who is complaining about how difficult it is. For my first 3-4 months playing this game I beat the daily GW maybe 20 times, maybe. Then almost over night(or more specifically over the course of 3-4 months)it became a joke and now I beat it every single day and the only time someone dies is on the last two nodes and that's because I don't care if they die then. Yes it is super hard in the beginning but it will eventually get super easy as you put in time. There were so many days where I could barely clear half of it, and now it is literally a joke. Stick with it and have patience.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    You also need two or more healers. JC and Lumi are the best and easiest to get and farm.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yep, Healers are a must in it, and I mean there are all kinds of tips people can give, but the biggest tip is that you won't beat it every day in the beginning, not even close. I run through it with the same 5 characters every day now, Barris lead, lumi, Ashoka, sid and dooku. I can't remember the last time I had to throw in a suicide squad. Everyone that complains how hard it is, your not the only ones. After u build up your characters of the course of a few months you will laugh at how easy it is
  • It's tough for my droid team now, but that's because that acct didn't farm a lot of healers initially and paid for it kid-game. Lumi or Bariss is a must for GW above level 60, especially if you have a strong arena team which also plays somewhat into the difficulty. That acct is in a drought but it's my own fault.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    As a pure f2p, i have a pretty deep bench now. I usually start doing fun teams as I finish out the nodes around node 8.

I'll do jedi team, droid team, Phasma teams, etc. Just to have fun.
  • You just need a plethora of suicide squads and a decent B team.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I dont know if once 4.99 makes u p2p. Nor are u f2p. Maybe a new term, 1p2p? Once payed to play
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Since I'm in a constant farm\sim mode, GW is really the only fun I get to have.
  • I just auto mine now, put in 3-4 healers and rey and I'm sorted
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    F2p.
    Phasma/Rey/Sid/lumi/JC
    I can do all nodes with the same team. JC may die on last nodes. Then replace him for anyone of your roster.
  • It's tough for my droid team now, but that's because that acct didn't farm a lot of healers initially and paid for it kid-game. Lumi or Bariss is a must for GW above level 60, especially if you have a strong arena team which also plays somewhat into the difficulty. That acct is in a drought but it's my own fault.

I'm in the same boat with my droid team. I focused too much on my arena team and not enough on healers. Now I have to gear and star up my healers more.
  • I think the only must have are:
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

And the 2 others toons are up to you. Could be any toon
  • I second this. I don't see what the fuss is about.
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    I dont know if once 4.99 makes u p2p. Nor are u f2p. Maybe a new term, 1p2p? Once payed to play

Nice! I'll start using that
    I think the only must have are:
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

And all three of those are easy to farm once u get to the point where u can farm barris in cantina
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

I only use one out of those 3 (lumi).
    Then again I have a daka, the best GW character ever made.
  • Frenrir wrote: »
    First let me say I am p2p, I have spent $4.99 total on this game and been playing since November. Now that that is out of the way. I feel everyone who is complaining about how difficult it is. For my first 3-4 months playing this game I beat the daily GW maybe 20 times, maybe. Then almost over night(or more specifically over the course of 3-4 months)it became a joke and now I beat it every single day and the only time someone dies is on the last two nodes and that's because I don't care if they die then. Yes it is super hard in the beginning but it will eventually get super easy as you put in time. There were so many days where I could barely clear half of it, and now it is literally a joke. Stick with it and have patience.

Same experience for me but I spent a little more than 4.99 .
  • How bitterly disappointing. 'The truth about GW' is a misleading title. I was expecting a dodgy conspiracy theory and all I got was the truth.
  • I have noticed since I started pushing the issue and getting 1st on my server a few times that it has gotten much more difficult again. I mean I have enough toons to handle it but I still have to be careful. I start encountering level 70 starred and geared up squads at about node 5 and go up from there. Today my last 4 nodes were levels 72 72 73 and a mixed 73/74 squad. Pretty tough to make it through that with one squad.

I normally try to stagger all my healers so that a couple always have fresh cooldowns
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    I think the only must have are:
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

Bariss isn't a must have by any means. I've been clearing GW without her for almost 50 runs without her. In fact, by the time you open her and then able to farm her up, you should have a very solid team with JC, Lumi, and just about anyone else you'd like.

I honestly feel like Bariss currently a waste in the game. She's not an arena character and you don't need her to easily clear GW. And since she's not dark side, you can't use her with those difficult DS missions. You'd be better off getting those 200+ shards for a different character.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Frenrir wrote: »
    For my first 3-4 months playing this game I beat the daily GW maybe 20 times, maybe. Then almost over night(or more specifically over the course of 3-4 months)it became a joke and now I beat it every single day and the only time someone dies is on the last two nodes and that's because I don't care if they die then. Yes it is super hard in the beginning but it will eventually get super easy as you put in time.

Your statement assumes that your experience is universal. It isn't.

I've failed to complete GW twice. The first time because I didn't know about retreat. I'm level 73. My GW is harder now than it was when I started.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    trellent wrote: »
    Frenrir wrote: »
    For my first 3-4 months playing this game I beat the daily GW maybe 20 times, maybe. Then almost over night(or more specifically over the course of 3-4 months)it became a joke and now I beat it every single day and the only time someone dies is on the last two nodes and that's because I don't care if they die then. Yes it is super hard in the beginning but it will eventually get super easy as you put in time.

I've failed to complete GW twice. The first time because I didn't know about retreat. I'm level 73. My GW is harder now than it was when I started.

What's your main team? I'm 73 and the last three days I've actually completed the whole run with just my main team.

• Your statement assumes that your experience is universal. It isn't.

I've failed to complete GW twice. The first time because I didn't know about retreat. I'm level 73. My GW is harder now than it was when I started. [/quote]

Do you have healers? Have you been playing for more than 4 months? How big is your roster of powered up toons?
  • Wait, u only failed to complete it twice? I misread that. U are a beast
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Wait, u only failed to complete it twice? I misread that. U are a beast

Durp. I misread it as well.

• trellent
    168 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Wait, u only failed to complete it twice? I misread that. U are a beast

Some people get lucky in the opponents handed to them and others don't. The second time I lost was when I was about level 52 and hit a team that ate up my entire roster. I haven't seen such a massive disparity since. Some people aren't so lucky.

JC was on my arena squad for a long time, so I kept building him up. I added Lumi as soon as I could get her. Having two healers helped. Now I've got Barriss. My GW is harder than when I started, but still doable.

I started in the middle of January and my bench is not very deep.
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

I disagree with this as well. I've been playing since November and have way over 100 GW completions. I don't even have bariss unlocked. But then again once the update hits I may need to farm bariss.
    - bariss
    - Jc
    - Lumi

I also throw in Talia as a suicide healer and don't forget Daka. I rotate her for heal and stuns
  • KAULI wrote: »
    F2p.
    Phasma/Rey/Sid/lumi/JC
    I can do all nodes with the same team. JC may die on last nodes. Then replace him for anyone of your roster.

I've come to realize something the last week or so. The AI really really hates JC when you get around node 10 or so. I mean they really go after him.
  • trellent wrote: »

I made it to the 12th fight the day I unlocked GW. Thought it wasn't too bad if I could do that on my first try. Haven't made it that far since.
  • Mediocre is right
    Roger roger