In 12 hours gs is being nerfed. RIP old friend

Prev134
LaLiam
1589 posts Member
edited April 2016
Shoutout to the bravest warrior in the galaxy, for proving to us all anything can be special.
Gs taught us all that we can achieve greatness with a little bit of hope.

From the day I unlocked him sitting at #100, to when he took me to #1, gs has been my closest friend and he will always have a place in my heart.

Goodbye, old friend
{RotE}
Post edited by LaLiam on

Replies

• Good riddance.
  • GS will still be good.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Did not see anywhere in patch notes saying anything about GS. Whats changed? Other than he is less likely to oneshot after protection is added which is not a nerf.
  • trillizo_y_uno
    286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    More like good riddance. He only had an advantage as on of the few toons to achieve Gear 9 @ 70.
    Stupid bug...
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    not sure if he is really gonna be nerfed, but yes, he brought me to #1 at just 4*, and carried me until now. lol.
  • Akster wrote: »
    Did not see anywhere in patch notes saying anything about GS. Whats changed? Other than he is less likely to oneshot after protection is added which is not a nerf.

Slight damage nerf. But thats all speed dps.
  • oh stop....he's just a friggin ugly foot soldier. When they finally fix Darth Maul's leader skill I'm going to be singing the same goodbye to all of you newbies because it will be the end of your feeble attempt at glory...... And the beginning of my enjoyment watching the light leave all of your eyes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Assist callers are the closest thing to "meta-shift proof" - just surround them with heroes that are the new meta - whether it's stun, high damage, crit, advantage, slow tanks with high DPS. Doesn't matter, they'll call an assist from anyone. They're equal opportunity like that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Akster wrote: »

The biggest problem with the "patch notes" is that they didn't detail anything that is important to us. We should have been told the exact changes made to every character. I am sure they have a very well kept list of the final changes with all of the testing they did. Hopefully tomorrow before the patch is live we will get a list of how each character was impacted. Example:

Characters that received a 15% reduction in damage:
    1. GS
    2. Rey
    3. Leia
    Characters that received a 15% increase in damage:
    1. Kit Fisto
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Assajj Ventress

And all in between, etc. etc.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Seriously!?

I literally JUST 7* him 5 minutes ago.... -_-

Oh well.
    Plus he's hardly a problem in arena.
    A 5* lvl56 86 has hit harder than any lvl 73 7* I've encountered. Ever.
    Except for a 3* lvl 71/FOTP; that's been the hardest hit I've ever taken. Then 86.

GS is not all he's cracked up to be; he's just good.
  • 15% damage reduction for a buffed Rey still sounds like death for someone's attacker if protection is worn off lol
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    15% damage reduction for a buffed Rey still sounds like death for someone's attacker if protection is worn off lol

True. I just wanted to point out that my percentages were for illustration purposes only.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Seriously!?

I literally JUST 7* him 5 minutes ago.... -_-

Oh well.
    Plus he's hardly a problem in arena.
    A 5* lvl56 86 has hit harder than any lvl 73 7* I've encountered. Ever.
    Except for a 3* lvl 71/FOTP; that's been the hardest hit I've ever taken. Then 86.

GS is not all he's cracked up to be; he's just good.

It is true that 86 is high damage but he is also very slow compared to GS, has lower health, and his assist doesn't have a 1 turn cooldown, that is why nobody complains about him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    LMAO at this thread. Nubs everywhere. If GS gets 10% damage nerf, watch for Rey getting 40%. That would still make Rey the best attacker in the game when she reaches 164 speed.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Assist callers are the closest thing to "meta-shift proof" - just surround them with heroes that are the new meta - whether it's stun, high damage, crit, advantage, slow tanks with high DPS. Doesn't matter, they'll call an assist from anyone. They're equal opportunity like that.

Unless Barriss is on your team, then its 90% Bariss assists.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

It is true that 86 is high damage but he is also very slow compared to GS, has lower health, and his assist doesn't have a 1 turn cooldown, that is why nobody complains about him.

I was thinking about trying him and a couple other droids with Lobot's +25 speed bonus. If 86 gets a damage boost due to his slowness who knows.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Unless Barriss is on your team, then its 90% Bariss assists.

Or anyone who's stunned.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    KILL
    THE
    WORM
    !!
    >:)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yea nerf GS, nerf Rey, nerf FOTP, nerf Ig-86, so that everybody here can run their Dooku lead in peace. Come on devs do it!!! Wow...I expected better from you OP!
  • *shakes the can of raid*
  • I still don't see Geonosian Soldier being completely useless, especially synergized with Poggle. Maybe I am just biased though, he is one of my favorite toons to run in the game
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    You can call me a noob.
    You can call me say good riddance
    You can call him a freaking ugly foot soldier.

But when he's remembered in years to come, he will be a legacy.
    {RotE}
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Ok at least now i know you're drunk and this is a troll thread. Given my team, i lose more fights than anyone here because of lucky crits in the high numbers from enemy GS. I also know that he can be killed before he can act. Unless under Dooku lead...of course! Again...lol@thread!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    More like good riddance. He only had an advantage as on of the few toons to achieve Gear 9 @ 70.
    Stupid bug...

lol - I don't have him fully geared (he's stuck on VIII cause of those **** hand cuffs), I'm level 73 and he's still crushing it in arena.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Personally i can't wait till they introduce more genosians, especially Karina the Great, so i can run full team of bugs. I can see it now...'Why can't my team of Jedi defeat these bugs who...' Maybe at the end of the month? Fingers crossed!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

i think notes said when a character is called for an assist, advantage wont be used, rather saved for that characters actual attack. To avoid randomness.
    i completely agree assisting toons carry on through the meta shift, even more so with a 2 move cool down. SADLY i dont think the bug is going away
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be fine.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    Personally i can't wait till they introduce more genosians, especially Karina the Great, so i can run full team of bugs. I can see it now...'Why can't my team of Jedi defeat these bugs who...' Maybe at the end of the month? Fingers crossed!

She remains me Old Daka. Just imagine having an extra percent chance to revive the Geonosians like GS or Poggle :D
  • RIP buddy. He was one of my first 5 toons! Still on my arena team. Thanks for the years of service!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @morcsea If they introduce her, i am expecting her to have an ability that lets me take control of one of the enemies. That would be most fun!