Anyone else having issues with Tier IV tank challenge?

Replies

• I got teebo, but he's low lvl low gear and 2*.
    Even at 2*, he'd be useful!? (I'd get rid of Magnaguard obviously).

And his random stealth might work against me, I need FOST to stay alive, he's the only decent DPS in the team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Beat all 5 today. Lost once - not impossible.
    RG - 60, 4*, VII
    Han - 60, 5*, VII
    Chewy - 60, 4*, VII
    FOST - 60, 4*, VII
    Magnaguard - 50, 4*, V

My Chewie is Gear VIII - and 5*
    My 5th is JKG (don't laugh) @ 3* Gear VII (offense down on her basic seems to help)
    Also, my FOST is Gear VIII and can survive when Mace super-whacks him, if he has defense up.
    All of mine are 65-70 (except JKG who is 50)

Looks like you just need to level/gear up just a little, that's all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RG - 60, 4*, VII
    Han - 60, 5*, VII
    Chewy - 60, 4*, VII
    FOST - 60, 4*, VII
    Magnaguard - 50, 4*, V

* could replace Magnaguard with Poe, but he's only 3* and under geared as well.

Are you trying to do a level 72 challenge with 4☆ lvl60 gear 7 toons? I am pretty sure that is your problem. You're not ready for the big leagues yet.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    It looks like you just need to Star up and maybe put some mats into abilities. When the new Tier was available I had to invest a bit in all my guys. Still not at the point where I can sim the battle.

I use Tanks that reduce turn meter (Ben, Chewy, and Teebo) and that is what does it for me. Mace just doesn't get a turn. I also pair them up with RG to get the stun (about 30% of the time) and Mace for damage.

Just think when the next level Tiers in the 80's are available I am using this to make sure that I have 5 high level tanks, Attackers, and Healer/Support for the next increase.
  • Get Teebo and reap the rewards. He at 3* G4 A3 he is just effective enough to remove TM. Your biggest issue to my eyes is that Han and FOST are your best damage dealers but don't have enough levels/stars to really dish it out, and at 4* don't have enough health to stand up to Mace. Work on them and then try again the next time around.

Yeah I'm working on Han for now, and FOST holds a special place in my heart. But he's on hold in favor of my arena team and GW team (because apparently everyone in arena above rank 400 has a full lvl 73 7* roster...)
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Get royal guard gear to VII or VIII - lots of potency to stun mace.

- Run teebo and chewbacca with royal guard, with their basics at ability lvl +5.
    - Hope for procs and win
  • Level your party up...some stars more would be nice.

It's a level 72 challenge, should not be a an easy going for a level 60 team with only 4-5*.

The game is much to easy in challenges and events...everything is Autoplay :-(
  • I won with Teebo at 2*, lvl 45 so it is possible. My damage is Poe, 4 *,lvl 64,g7. Chewy 4*, lvl 60, g7, and RG, 4*, lvl 72, G8. My magnaguard is in for show only
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Beat all 5 today. Lost once - not impossible.
    RG - 60, 4*, VII
    Han - 60, 5*, VII
    Chewy - 60, 4*, VII
    FOST - 60, 4*, VII
    Magnaguard - 50, 4*, V

My Chewie is Gear VIII - and 5*
    My 5th is JKG (don't laugh) @ 3* Gear VII (offense down on her basic seems to help)
    Also, my FOST is Gear VIII and can survive when Mace super-whacks him, if he has defense up.
    All of mine are 65-70 (except JKG who is 50)

Looks like you just need to level/gear up just a little, that's all.

I have a 5* lvl 50 JKG whom I forgot even has a chance to inflict offense down and skill block, Lol. She never procs. (5* Cuz I needed a 5th Jedi, and I'm still farming for Bariss since I first had a chance to.... Everyday).

I got the worse luck in this game....
  • My last fight, he resisted all of RG's stuns; couldn't stun him once. =\

And RG is the most reliable stunner in my roster.

Thats what keeps happening to me. I cant hit a stun.
    Roster : taebo(lead) *4 g5 lv 50
    RG *4 g6 lv 50
    Fives *4 g6 lv 50
    Mace *4 g7 lv 60
    Plo *4 g7 lv 60

I cant stun him. Even if i suck his turn meter with taebo he somehow immediatly regains 90% of it (when he was at 70% before i took it) and insta kills one of my guys. Even if they would.have survived. His droids hit 3 to 4k damage. Just enough for mace to consistantly ohko anyone on my roster.

I just cant justify bumping all the lvls for tanks i dont use anywhere but that challenge.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • So I'll wait till Han gets bumped up, and RG geared up, then I'll boost Teebo and try again.

Thx for the feedback guys. (Those that Actually helped..... Not the other ones)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    It's the OP giraf standing in the corner that makes the challenge impossible for you @Mstrdrgn1012
    I've said it time and again they need to nerf that corner giraf
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Not impossible. I've beaten it. And I only have two 7* tanks, so...
  • It is impossibly boring. I'd rather have to play 20 stage 7 hard missions than 1 of these tank challenges. It is worse than a bunch of screaming 6 year at Walmart hitting each other with pool noodles.

Slowly grind him down to 20% then he resists 6 stuns in a row. One shot, one shot, one shot, then you grind him down another 5% over the next 30 minutes and then he resists again and finishes one shotting your team.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING
  • Complaining that you can't do a top tier challenge with under starred, under geared and under leveled toons is just madness.

Anyhow gear RG to lvl 8 and it's easy mode.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Just a weird thought
    Have you tried with a level 72+ team
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • papnwors wrote: »
    Complaining that you can't do a top tier challenge with under starred, under geared and under leveled toons is just madness.

Anyhow gear RG to lvl 8 and it's easy mode.

QFE

Level your characters and quit the complaining.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    My last fight, he resisted all of RG's stuns; couldn't stun him once. =\

And RG is the most reliable stunner in my roster.

Thats what keeps happening to me. I cant hit a stun.
    Roster : taebo(lead) *4 g5 lv 50
    RG *4 g6 lv 50
    Fives *4 g6 lv 50
    Mace *4 g7 lv 60
    Plo *4 g7 lv 60

I cant stun him. Even if i suck his turn meter with taebo he somehow immediatly regains 90% of it (when he was at 70% before i took it) and insta kills one of my guys. Even if they would.have survived. His droids hit 3 to 4k damage. Just enough for mace to consistantly ohko anyone on my roster.

I just cant justify bumping all the lvls for tanks i dont use anywhere but that challenge.

You're not going to be a level 72 challenge with level 50 heroes. Play on lower tiers. You can try to play the higher tiers (you don't "use" a battle if you lose, of course) - but if you're losing more than 75% of the time, drop down a tier until you star, level and gear those tanks a bit more.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I complete it 9 times out of 10 with a 2* level 34 teebo :D its not that difficult providing you land some debuffs and Teebo stays stealthed for a while.
    youtu.be/Z-yMRNqBGnA
  • AegisSaige wrote: »
    2* Teebo should be enough. That's all it took to get me over the edge.

Who else do you run with him? I just got Teebo 2* and I still get owned haha.
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'
  • Here is how I auto the challenge https://imgur.com/a/jpJlv
  • Yes ... it is difficult. Teebo 3* L40 G4 A3-4 (must have A4 on Scramble Tactics) is just enough to save me. Barely.
  • Teebo lead is huge as he wipes out turn meter when he's stealth. Other toons who have chance to reduce his turn meter are helpful too: STHan, Poe and Chewie.
  • Thanks for the Teebo idea guys. JKG is certainly too hard to farm, and I had a 2* Teebo sitting around. Not a big deal to switch to farming him in GW since I was just farming Poggle (6* already) and I had no immediate plans to use Poggle. I recently started farming RG too and he should be up to 4* tomorrow. Do you guys think chewie up to 5* is necessary as well?
    No. My Chewie is at 4 stars, gear 5 or 6 and he's just fine. What you really want is his basic up far enough to get the higher percent chance for turn meter reduction. You probably want a couple guys at higher stars just to make it go faster, but Chewie doesn't need to be one of them.

• Slayer
    46 posts Member
    In my experience it seems that most of the leaders in the event challenges have higher levels than any level us as players can attain. Therefore you cannot rely on stuns. It takes me 2-3 time to pass a tank challenge using these toons:

Han *7 g8 lv 68 - lead
    Chewie *7 g8 lv 70
    Boba *4 g8 lv 62
    Magna *4 g8 65
    Poe *3 g7 lv 63
  • Jooba
    61 posts Member
    My team is

4* Chewie(L) G6 L68
    4* Poe G8 L70
    4* RG G7 L68
    3* Teebo G4 L66
    6* ST Han G8 L72

I was getting rolled before I swapped my Teebo in. After that, Mace rarely gets a turn in. Manipulating his turn meter is key, so if you have any of those heroes, I'd suggest trying this lineup. Make sure your RG's basic is AT LEAST rank 5 so you get the 80% stun and your Teebo's Ewok Scramble is rank 4 so you get 3 turns instead of 1. Also if you can get your toons close to 70, you'll have a lower chance of negative effects being resisted.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Teebo and RG were the key for me. Both just hit 4*. Need the RG stuns and Teebo TM reductions to kill him.
  • Jooba wrote: »
    My team is

4* Chewie(L) G6 L68
    4* Poe G8 L70
    4* RG G7 L68
    3* Teebo G4 L66
    6* ST Han G8 L72

Consider Teebo as your leader. Chewie's defense boost doesn't do anything against shatterpoint, but Teebo lead will sometimes give himself stealth, allowing you to reduce his TM more often.
  • What are you guys missing out on exactly, considering the worthless rewards?
  • My team:
    5* Chewie(L) G8 L72
    7* Poe G8 L73
    7* JKG G9 L70
    5* Plo G7 L67
    5* FOST G7 L65
    Can go on auto if i target mace at last round and jkg is the only toon out of these which mace cant 1HKO without off down. Poe,plo and jkg can inflict off down which makes the match pretty easy.