[Suggestion] Advancing in Arena Rank

Kurki
50 posts Member
edited April 2016
I believe that the arena interface and how one advances and regresses in rank should be overhauled.

Arena Tiers
First of all, the single huge arena should be divided into tiers, Bronze-Silver-Gold concept (names can be whatever), possibly with sub tiers. There should be criteria to advance to the next tier (top 5 every day?) and also the danger of being relegated to a lower tier.

Opponent List
We should be able to see the full list of opponents in our arena tiers, not just 3 at a time. So that you can attack any rank you want

Rank movement
Presently, when you defeat someone, you swap ranks with them. I don't think this makes sense. I think when you defeat someone, you should take their rank, but the player you defeated only gets bumped down by one rank.
For example:
  • Player 1 = Rank 50
  • Player 2 = Rank 20
Player 1 defeats player 2. His new rank becomes 20, Player 2's new rank becomes 21.

Replies

• KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Interesting idea but I don't really like the idea of everyone getting pushed back by 1 between ranks 20 to 50 in your example even though they didn't lose a battle.
  • Lol.
    Player 1 = rank 500
    Player 2 = rank 1
    Player 3 = rank 2
    Player 1 wins over player 2, his rank is now 1, player 2's rank is 2, what is player 3's rank? 3? So you propose to shift ENTIRE leaderboard cause of 1 match? And if you say that anyone can attack anyone, why attack anyone but rank1? Yeah... Bright idea! Bright idea!
  • Nice profile pic. Veiled racism is always hilarious right? Or maybe not so veiled.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    This might be the worst suggestion about "fixing arena" I have ever read. Good work - that's hard to do.

It might be the worst ever posted here...but I'd need people far more intelligent than me like @Qeltar, @Telaan and @cosmicturtle333 to verify that. Gentlemen?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    You are too kind. Anyway, I've seen worse. ;)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 to verify that. Gentlemen?
    You serious? I rather punch myself in the v than get advice from turtle guy
  • Nice profile pic. Veiled racism is always hilarious right? Or maybe not so veiled.

And animal cruelty is okay in your book?
    Throwing stones while living in glass houses and all...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4227567/RSPCA-says-people-who-dress-up-their-dogs-could-be-prosecuted.html

http://www.care2.com/causes/pets-in-costumes-cute-or-cruel.html

Hypocrite.
  • ouch^
  • CatoNines wrote: »
    Nice profile pic. Veiled racism is always hilarious right? Or maybe not so veiled.

And animal cruelty is okay in your book?
    Throwing stones while living in glass houses and all...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4227567/RSPCA-says-people-who-dress-up-their-dogs-could-be-prosecuted.html

http://www.care2.com/causes/pets-in-costumes-cute-or-cruel.html

Hypocrite.

Idk what you mean about animal cruelty. My dog wearing a costume on a cd day is cruel? You're clueless so unless you know what you're actually talking about do everyone a favor and ****. I make sure my dog lives a better life than you probably do.
  • ayeeeee burn!^
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Begin countdown to thread closing...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Lol
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This might be the worst suggestion about "fixing arena" I have ever read. Good work - that's hard to do.

It might be the worst ever posted here...but I'd need people far more intelligent than me like @Qeltar, @Telaan and @cosmicturtle333 to verify that. Gentlemen?

Lol, thanks I need this I was feeling a bit bummed before reading this.
  • Oh yeah and btw @CatoNines since we're on the topic I'll just assume you condone racist humor which would make you a....Racist
  • santas always watching boys, remember that
  • Wow!
  • what's a dooku?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    santas always watching boys, remember that

So is bentwookie...without his hat. :#

• @Nikoms565 so you are telling me bent wookie wont leave present under my tree!?!?!? what the flip did i make all these cookies for then :'(
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 to verify that. Gentlemen?
    You serious? I rather punch myself in the v than get advice from turtle guy

What's your problem?

The guild decided you were not suitable, not me. It was a group decision. So I don't know why you have a problem with me.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Yeah, my advice is terrible isn't it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23799/mk5-arakyd-droid-callers-who-needs-them-craft-them-now/p1

8300 views. I saved thousands of people weeks of farming. But don't worry @Annastrasza , you're probably right. Best to ignore my terrible advice.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nice profile pic. Veiled racism is always hilarious right? Or maybe not so veiled.

For the record, I am a short, fat asian guy, and I find that picture hilarious along with the Various associated memes that are in circulation.

With regards to the idea, let me expand upon it. Once you crack the top 5, you have to STAY in the top 5 for a certain amount of time, maybe 24 hours, and you then advance to the next tier. Better tier, better payouts at the end of the day.
    Interesting idea but I don't really like the idea of everyone getting pushed back by 1 between ranks 20 to 50 in your example even though they didn't lose a battle.

Yes, everyone gets pushed back, but it wouldnt matter so much because within a given tier the payouts would be similar or the same. The goal would be to get into the top 5 and stay there in order to advance to the next tier.

That way, if you are sitting at number one and are defeated, you are simply bumped to 2 and your timer to get moved to the next tier is still ticking.
    Rysterical wrote: »
    So you propose to shift ENTIRE leaderboard cause of 1 match? And if you say that anyone can attack anyone, why attack anyone but rank1? Yeah... Bright idea! Bright idea!

Yes, you can TRY to attack rank one, but if you can't beat it, you stay where you are and you have wasted an attack. If you CAN beat it, you pace the rest of your attacks to ensure that you remain in the top 5. And btw, your sarcasm is wasted on me. I'm a short, fat asian guy. Your words bounce off of me like a pebble off of a sumo wrestler.