Star Wars: Is Snoke Darth Plagueis?

Prev13
Do you think Snoke is Darth Plagueis who could have somewhat survived from Sidious?
Thoughts?
Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol

Replies

• KTroy24 wrote: »
    Do you think Snoke is Darth Plagueis who could have somewhat survived from Sidious?
    Thoughts?

I doubt that Disney wants any part in anything even related to EU
  • I would think no because the story was told as if Sidious' master was Plagueis. I think you'd have to choose a Sith Master that was post-Sidious....
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I would think no because the story was told as if Sidious' master was Plagueis. I think you'd have to choose a Sith Master that was post-Sidious....

You know how many sith lords have been resurrected? Many. However, I do think that you're right and they are going to stick to the movie story.. Last thing I want to see in this new movie series is a Sidious stormtrooper
  • I think it's a good chance personally
  • He is called "WISE leader" but I think there are to many things pointing to no...
  • I think so for many reasons. If you read Darth plageuis book you'll see everything I'm about to point out.

Pleg is a muun. Snoke looks an awful lot like a muun except muuns have longer faces, but few gave had smaller ones.

Snoke face is messed up. He looks like he walked through a force storm. Sid killed pleg through a force storm.

Every time pleg brought someone back to life, it was not an overnight thing. It took weeks. When sid killed pleg he left him there. If pleg had mastered how to do this to himself, it wouldn't be instant. He would appear dead as his body healed.

Once alive pleg would go into hiding to heal himself, to get stronger, and wait for his chance. This would not be a violation of the rule of 2 as sid had no idea pleg was still alive. Also all sith lords in the past, have stayed hid. To build power and knowledge for the time for sith to rule. Pleg was the FIRST sith that was a figure most people knew by his birth name, not sith name.

Kylo is a chump and weakling. This could be on purpose as pleg does not want to make the same mistake and train another sid who just takes all he has again. He wants kylo to be dependent on him, exactly how Vader was of sid
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
    Palpatine, to Anakin Skywalker

Maybe he didn't teach EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't be surprised if plagueis became sidious and is in Luke now.
  • Baal wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
    Palpatine, to Anakin Skywalker

Maybe he didn't teach EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't be surprised if plagueis became sidious and is in Luke now.

Well going by the book plagueis wasn't sleeping when sidious attacked him. That's just what he told anakin.

I say book because if snoke is in fact plagueis then I expect that book to become cannon. IMHO it should be cannon. Consider everything that happens with that book. Finding out maul is more a tool than a sith,and how palpatine became to be sidious and how he got to control the republic. The movies didn't show you what happened behind the scenes like that book does. Sidious kills plagueis at the end, when he voted in and takes over republic. The books starts before eps 1 and ends during eps. 2
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think so. Disney wants nothing to do with the EU and prequels.

Just let Snoke be Snoke.

My opinion is that Snoke could have been trained by Darth Maul. No one knows what Maul did after escaping Sidious at the end of Clone Wars. He isn't exactly the kind of guy to sit and enjoy retirement.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Plagueis isn't EU though, he was Sidious master, that's a fact set in canon stone.

I'm leaning more to the fact that Snoke is Sidious. Snoke clearly has a vendetta against the Skywalker line, Sidious has more reason than anyone to hunt down Skywalker and using Luke's Nephew to do it is typical Palpatine mentality.

Maybe Palpatine did learn the secrets from Plagueis and just lied to Anakin, shockingly enough.
  • I don't think so. Disney wants nothing to do with the EU and prequels.

Just let Snoke be Snoke.

My opinion is that Snoke could have been trained by Darth Maul. No one knows what Maul did after escaping Sidious at the end of Clone Wars. He isn't exactly the kind of guy to sit and enjoy retirement.

Apparently, Obi Wan kills Maul on Tattoine when he finds a young Luke.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015

I've thought of this as well. We see snoke as a hologram and not in person, this could a prop to hide who he really is.

Also sid was killed by being trowen over the edge, but never actually see him die. You know same thing that happened to Luke at cloud city? And sid is way more powerful in the force than Luke in that fight, let alone when Luke survived cloud city fall.

Also there is a book that sid had built clones of himself and he put his spirit in them clones to come back. Luke had to go all dark side in that book and almost became a sith.

Pleg is cannon, but I don't think his book is considered cannon, even if about 50% of that book is cannon.

With that all said, I'm still betting on plageuis. One thing I'm betting, we all will know who snoke is, once they reveal him for who he is. Why? Why not some new sith lord? Who was around to train snoke at er sid died?
    Plagueis isn't EU though, he was Sidious master, that's a fact set in canon stone.

I'm leaning more to the fact that Snoke is Sidious. Snoke clearly has a vendetta against the Skywalker line, Sidious has more reason than anyone to hunt down Skywalker and using Luke's Nephew to do it is typical Palpatine mentality.

Maybe Palpatine did learn the secrets from Plagueis and just lied to Anakin, shockingly enough.

This is what I'm agreeing with, I had the wrong quote before

• Apparently, Obi Wan kills Maul on Tattoine when he finds a young Luke.

Do you have a reference for this?
  • I don't think so. Disney wants nothing to do with the EU and prequels.

Just let Snoke be Snoke.

Apparently, Obi Wan kills Maul on Tattoine when he finds a young Luke.

Umm no, Maul is alive (well at least not killed off by anyone) according to cannon.

And OT: I feel like Snoke is possibly an-ex Sith (not Plagueis by any means tho) as he creates first order, and disdains the Sith. Furthermore he knew that Vader was Anakin, now only people who knew by the end of ROTJ were Tarkin, Palpatine, Luke, Yoda and Obi-Wan.

But since Ren references Vader as grandfather it is almost certain that both Leia and Solo also know it as well however we do not know how Snoke still ties into all this.
  • Just random, and doesn't add much to the conversation, but Snoke looks a lot like one of the trade federation from the prequels.
  • Every time someone spells canon wrong, a baby wookiee dies.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • A new Sith Lord can't just come out of anywhere, the only remaining Sith were Vader and palpatine. The Sith are the only real threat to the Jedi and the only interesting ones and also they are the archenemies. Bringing Darth Plaguesis is the only way to incorporate them. If they made Snoke just some dark side user who teaches Ren the dark side it would not be the same threat level. The Sith were the ultimate dark side users and their know,ledge of the Darkside surpasses any regular dark side user
  • That's why I argued that he could have been trained by Darth Maul. Still alive!

The other possibility is that he isn't a sith at all. Sith aren't the only dark side users out there.

He could also be a force sensitive who somehow came into a sith holocron. It's also possible his body was taken over by a sith force ghost or trained by one.

Making him Sidious is too easy and no one outside of the hard core fans even know or care about plagueis. He was mentioned once in the movie.
  • Outside of hardcore fans no one knows about Sith apparitions and Holocrons either, or even Korriban. Plagueis is the next step down from Sidieous that fans will be aware off, which is a huge step down. Just shows how small amount of Sith content is in any of the canon media.

Snoke could be the Sith villain in Uprising too.

If Maul is still alive, 60 years after his last appearance which is doubtful. But if he is, thats 3 possibilities, Plag, Sid, Maul. And while he looks nothing like Maul, Sid doesn't look very human after force lightning to the face. So age plus torture could have changed Mauls appearance but he seems too calm to be him.

Snoke could be a Jedi of the old republic who fell to the dark side and been in hiding ever since, who blames Anakin/The Skywalker line for the fall of the republic and wants revenge. I remember seeing somewhere that Kylo, The Knights of Ren and The First Order aren't Sith, was mentioned In an official source. But this was before Snokes exsistance came to light.
  • Maybe Snoke is one of the purple robed acolytes of Sidious....
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There is a Comic-Con panel video on this page that seems to answers the question in the negative, unless abrams is in the dark too.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/snoke-darth-plagueis-theories-are-wrong/
  • Baal wrote: »
    There is a Comic-Con panel video on this page that seems to answers the question in the negative, unless abrams is in the dark too.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/snoke-darth-plagueis-theories-are-wrong/

None of that was concrete evidence, despite being presented as such. The Abrams denial I thought was especially egregious, given how the direction of that question was pointed specifically towards Rey's staff. One could still interpret that "no" to mean that it's not Plagueis' staff that Rey wields, regardless of whether or not he's actually in the movie or not. Moreover, I really don't like the idea of Kasdan just not knowing of Plagueis at all.

Luke's dad wasn't Vader when they filmed ANH. Leia and Luke weren't brother and sister when Empire was being filmed. If it's true that 7 was made without the intent of Abrams & Co, it's still entirely possible that it'll be retconned into 8.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Y'all talking about the Bad guy snoke who always appear in holographic form in Star Wars Force Awakens???

Honestly I really do not have any idea who is he man! I mean like, according to the movie series, all the bad guys are already dead right??? And this is not cross referencing into the clone wars or other sources etc, just the movie alone

If you have other sources or info please enlighten me! Thank you!! :)
  • No. Number one, sidious killed him. Number two, the name. Who would change their name to snoke? Its a **** name and it would have to be ur family name to take any pride in it.

"I was snokin some of that dark side"
    -snoke
  • designingsean
    218 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Leia and Luke weren't brother and sister when Empire was being filmed.

From Empire Strikes Back:
    [as Luke leaves before completing his training]
    Yoda: Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.
    Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
    Yoda: No. There is another.

That moment certainly implies that the filmmakers knew that - at the minimum - there was another Jedi they were thinking about. It certainly stands to reason that they would be thinking about someone the audience was already familiar with to solve that riddle, rather than bring in a brand new character no one is invested in.

So Leia.

As I type it out, I guess that it doesn't necessarily mean they were thinking they were siblings. But I have a hard time believing that they were setting up Leia as a Jedi without considering if she and Luke were linked some how.

Sorry, I know this is pretty tangental, but I just had to comment on it.
  • Leia and Luke weren't brother and sister when Empire was being filmed.

From Empire Strikes Back:
    [as Luke leaves before completing his training]
    Yoda: Told you I did. Reckless is he. Now, matters are worse.
    Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
    Yoda: No. There is another.

That moment certainly implies that the filmmakers knew that - at the minimum - there was another Jedi they were thinking about. It certainly stands to reason that they would be thinking about someone the audience was already familiar with to solve that riddle, rather than bring in a brand new character no one is invested in.

So Leia.

As I type it out, I guess that it doesn't necessarily mean they were thinking they were siblings. But I have a hard time believing that they were setting up Leia as a Jedi without considering if she and Luke were linked some how.

Sorry, I know this is pretty tangental, but I just had to comment on it.

They set up a plot thread without having an actual plan for it. The minimum is literally as far as it went at the time. The treatment for Revenge of the Jedi, as it was then called, didn't include it. It wasn't until RotJ was further along in development, with a deadline looming and a very unhappy George, that it was made to be Leia for simplicity's sake. I don't have a direct source for this, though.
  • Doubt Snoke is a Sith. Especially hard to believe its Sid or Plague is. They have plenty of opportunities to create a new fresh bad guy. Why bring in some of the same old stuff?
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Doubt Snoke is a Sith. Especially hard to believe its Sid or Plague is. They have plenty of opportunities to create a new fresh bad guy. Why bring in some of the same old stuff?

As the saying goes, "Sith sells". >:)

"Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    pay2win wrote: »
    Doubt Snoke is a Sith. Especially hard to believe its Sid or Plague is. They have plenty of opportunities to create a new fresh bad guy. Why bring in some of the same old stuff?
    You mean like another exploding death star?

Or a jedi *coughReycough* related to a dark user *coughRencough*?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    pay2win wrote: »

Because a "new bad" guy will always flail in comparison to the Sith as the enemy. The Sith are the ultimate enemies to the Jedi and are currently extinct unless you incorporate someone like Plagueis who is known to cheat death. That's the only logical way to continue the Sith Lineage. A new dark force user will never have the knowledge of the Dark side that the Sith have passed down in the last 1000 years.

It's obvious you know little about Star Wars lol