Does it take too long for f2p players to continue playing?

Prev134
OneTwoCleanUpCrew
45 posts Member
edited December 2015
Love SW:GoH but the time it takes to f2p needs to be halved at the least, as a f2p I should be able to battle most of the day and not have to wait 8+hours for cool down timers to build up and reset. Should be pay to win not pay to play, otherwise it's not free to play is it?
My Ally Code: 879-648-786

Does it take too long for f2p players to continue playing? 208 votes

Agree
49% 103 votes
Disagree
50% 105 votes

Replies

• 5 minutes per energy is kind of a ridiculously slow rate, even for a freemium game. each hour f2p players are only able to complete a single Hard difficulty battle... the energy recharge timer should definitely be reduced, otherwise this game is more pay to play than freemium. I mean, I could use all my energy in mere seconds by just sim-carding a couple levels for shards and calling it a day. I, for one, would appreciate a bit more gameplay availability than that.
  • I like to sleep 8 hours and then wake up to near full energy. The game is slow but if it was faster people would reach level 60 too quickly, Arena and GW would become too competitive, and many people would become frustrated and quit. This game is not hard with a little luck and patience.
  • Well if you guys look at the big picture, this game is like a job. Everything we do in this game is work. So how do you get around it? Spend money on crystal if you have a job in real life and buy everything with real money.

If you're a f2p and take on the challenge of not spending a dine, patient and playing smart is your best bet.

Take it from me, the rank #1 and I'm f2p player :smile:

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been playing C.o.C (clash of clans) for 2 and a half years now and I'm still not maxed out. I don't get this we want the game to be faster, easier and give us what we want mentality.
    Patience and you will see that toons will unlock faster. Besides you also have GW, Arena + Events & challenges to play. If you want more action play SW Battlefront :P
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    I've been playing C.o.C (clash of clans) for 2 and a half years now and I'm still not maxed out. I don't get this we want the game to be faster, easier and give us what we want mentality.
    Patience and you will see that toons will unlock faster. Besides you also have GW, Arena + Events & challenges to play. If you want more action play SW Battlefront :P

Agreed. Those of us with work, a family and hobbies appreciate not being blown away by those with unlimited time on their hands.

• not sure, energy generate long enough cantina energy even longer, and that pvp(well i dont care much about competitive play) limited play which is good, which mean it dosent feel like burnt-out to me, more like i enjoy every second playing GoH turn-based RPG always my thing lol.

game like marvel fortune fire, first fantasy: risk keeper and some other for example, the energy generate way too fast and some limited-time event which not my liking, that kind of game that feel like job.

just an opinion.
    the cake is a lie
  • The way energy works is fine with me. I don't have 12+ hours I can comment to a game anymore. I like logging in first thing the morning, doing my dailies while drinking coffee. Then log back on around 1 just to do some the things I didn't complete earlier, namely GW, and challenges, log back in at 5 for PvP and stay till after 6, then log back in before bed.

Only thing I'm worried about are events if/when they start. If its events that you need energy to do. Then that will be a huge issue. As you'll be lucky to make top 1k without useing crystals, even if you log in every hour. That I think would cause a lot of people to quite. Especially if the rewards are powerful event only characters.
  • Completely ftp here: I like the energy refresh rate. I don't have to touch the game more than twice each day to keep it spent and that's a HUGE plus in my book.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Set the energy timer for 3 min. and cut the xp 50% for battles, think that would balance the game more for F2P
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm f2p and I hate to see another f2p complain lmao. Seriously even for f2p this game have 30mins to 1 hour play time depend how you play( sim or manually play)

GW, arena, challenge don't required energy
    Each day you can generated 240 energy and 120cantia energy from a 24hours period.

FYI this is a mobile game , it is for kill time, not like play 24/7. Imagine if they increase the energy or cut down the energy for each battle. Then I will see this game will be not fair for folks that work 40hours, have a life. because ppl play more will progress WAY fast than people that have half hour or 1 hour spare time.

Also the fastest you level up the fastest you get bore of the game . As someone just mention this game keep you coming back because the desire stay.

• F2P Player & never had any complaints about energy issues the game works perfectly fine as is. The only thing that needs to be fixed are the characters available Via shipment they need to add some of the new characters to em.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think progression needs to be sped up. But there needs to be more things people can do for fun.
    It's fine to say "we don't want you to have every character maxed out in a few weeks". But right now, once you hit level 60, there's really not much to do unless (for some strange reason) you enjoy replaying the same missions over and over again for paltry rewards (rather than simming them).
    Even people with jobs sometimes have blocks of time and would like to, you know, actually play the game. :) Right now Galactic War is the only interesting thing in this entire game, and that takes less than an hour.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I think the issue is more that the game becomes boring rather than needing to be sped up.

I am a f2p player simply because I refuse to pay them given the utter cheating garbage I see in arena and GW where my team can't ever get critical hits, the same characters at the same levels are magically buffed compared to mine and some other stuff. I see no point in paying a company that wants to **** me over in a way like this. Funny thing is I have a good deal of disposable income so I could easily be kicking them a good chunk of cash if they actually made a game that wasn't full of cheating.

What that then leaves is a game that has very little to do in other than try and level up characters to use in GW and arena which then comes back to the problem of the cheating and makes me wonder what the point is. I can play to unlock other characters but then I also have to wonder what the point is if I don't have any desire to take part in the cheating of arena and to a lesser degree GW.

My mind is blown at the people who pay money in this game. My mind is also blown at the people who are arena fiends and view it as some form of chess or strategy. Last I checked in chess, both players' pieces are governed by the same rules and there isn't some percentage given that the board randomly picks when to use.

Overall this game is a great example of how screwed up the f2p model is, especially when two of the modes allegedly involve player vs player teams and the whales can eat everyone else. It's clear as day that the code in f2p games like this is tweaked to push you to spend (so you can try to overboost your team/player to compensate) and if you don't you are left with having to deal with cheating.

• shimmy wrote: »
    I think the issue is more that the game becomes boring rather than needing to be sped up.

I am a f2p player simply because I refuse to pay them given the utter cheating garbage I see in arena and GW where my team can't ever get critical hits, the same characters at the same levels are magically buffed compared to mine and some other stuff. I see no point in paying a company that wants to **** me over in a way like this. Funny thing is I have a good deal of disposable income so I could easily be kicking them a good chunk of cash if they actually made a game that wasn't full of cheating.

What that then leaves is a game that has very little to do in other than try and level up characters to use in GW and arena which then comes back to the problem of the cheating and makes me wonder what the point is. I can play to unlock other characters but then I also have to wonder what the point is if I don't have any desire to take part in the cheating of arena and to a lesser degree GW.

My mind is blown at the people who pay money in this game. My mind is also blown at the people who are arena fiends and view it as some form of chess or strategy. Last I checked in chess, both players' pieces are governed by the same rules and there isn't some percentage given that the board randomly picks when to use.

Overall this game is a great example of how screwed up the f2p model is, especially when two of the modes allegedly involve player vs player teams and the whales can eat everyone else. It's clear as day that the code in f2p games like this is tweaked to push you to spend (so you can try to overboost your team/player to compensate) and if you don't you are left with having to deal with cheating.

Cheating? Could you expand upon that, and I simply cannot bring myself to understanding why whales should not be able to 'eat everyone else'. They pay the money to do that, and you don't have to be a whale to even a p2p to actually rank higher in arena or have a higher win rate in GW. You need to theorycraft before deciding to go down a singular path and then commit to it.

Sure it is nowhere close to chess but it has a good amount of strategy involved (many stat variables, diverse character pool, targeting, unique skills etc.) and if you are unable to see that and complain just because you are failing massively the game must be cheating is incredibly petulant.

It is quite possible that AI has a higher proc rate and it is actually needed considering both GW and Arena pit you against other 'real' squads and since AI is inferior to a human playing there has to be something to compensate for that. If the AI could focus-fire or assess the threat of individual toons/synergies and act accordingly you'd feel even more cheated and rant in the forums saying this game in unbeatable without paying money.

And lastly you say that you have disposable income, also believe that whales can 'eat everyone else', choose not to spend money so that you can 'eat everyone else' and then rant in the forums because you're getting beaten?

What sort of a logical fallacy is that?
  • Wow I'm surprised so many are against it.

My guess is the way you approached your poll. Calling one group out over another even though it affects everyone might not have been wise. No harm intended.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @shimmy maybe your heroes is not fully gears. My 4stars and 5stars Dooku, sid, lum own people in Arena that have 2k more power than me . In GW my heroes hit so hard that I thought My heroes are on steroid.

I guess everyone play different. Some love to complain lol
  • Velvethunder
    203 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    As a p2p, its not really limitless play. I hit my personal cap of 900 energy for missions within 10 minutes due to sims. I think its good, because it makes players communicate outside the game while waiting for cooldown, or do proper real world stuff I.e. Study/work/date, etc.

Marvel Future Fight has pretty much enough energy to keep you playing 24/7. After getting my Angela and Captain Marvel to max star and levels, its feels like a chore clearing energy. I seriously think the developers want to pace this game out.

I dont mind. I really want to see this game still here in 2017.
    Post edited by Velvethunder on
  • They will increase energy refresh rate once spending slows down and not a second sooner
  • I'll echo the sentiment of many in on this thread that the speed is fine. I also don't understand the f2p part. As the crystal cost to do refreshes goes up pretty significantly I don't feel like paying players are getting that much of an advantage. From Arena, Login rewards and dallies I'm able to do 1 cantina and 2 mission energy refreshes a day no problem. That with natural regeneration results in several hours of actual game time. If you sim everything try playing the battles...it takes longer. Plus the downtime allows reviewing of heroes and their abilities, strategizing about which I want to focus on next, and yea the job thing too.
  • It takes me an hour just to get through GW! I think the game is perfect as is. People will get burned out and move on to the next game if the timer is changed.
  • Pamed_Uleiros
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have played games in the past where either energy reset too fast, or there were constant events where you HAD to spend a lot of crystals to keep recharging just to compete. These games burn you out so fast. There were times where I found myself in a team where we were sitting up all night just recharging and attacking to get a group award. Finally, I realized this was insane!!

While I am constantly checking the game to see if I can do things, because I am a bit obsessive, I am actually happy the game limits my play a bit. As others have said, it reduces that pressure when you are at work, or need to do silly things like sleep or be with family. Haha

When games like this start, they get you hooked by letting you level fast which basically keeps your energy on constant reset. I think that creates the expectation that you can just play constantly, so when it goes away you are left feeling like something is missing. It's genius by the game designers because it encourages people to spend. My experience is that once you get used to that, then it is actually a much nicer experience than feeling like you need to log back in every 5 minutes so you don't miss something. The person who mentioned C.o.C. is right on in that regard. After the first few levels, you get comfortable with the fact your armies take much longer to build. If you have a block of time, then you can spend to attack quicker.

So, I hope they don't increase energy regeneration, or most importantly, make events that require constant energy refresh. I think that will kill the game much more quickly. The fact there are so many forms of play already allow for so much more opportunity to spend time than most games!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    MLGebra wrote: »
    5 minutes per energy is kind of a ridiculously slow rate, even for a freemium game. each hour f2p players are only able to complete a single Hard difficulty battle... the energy recharge timer should definitely be reduced, otherwise this game is more pay to play than freemium. I mean, I could use all my energy in mere seconds by just sim-carding a couple levels for shards and calling it a day. I, for one, would appreciate a bit more gameplay availability than that.

SIM cards were added after launch to help speed up the game so that comment is silly since you don't have to use a SIM card
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Good thing they have Sim otherwise I probably won't able to complete in this game. A lot ppl complain about disadvantage of f2p is nonsense. In the game aslong you do the following

Complete Daily quest , GW, challenge, arena
    at least 100-200 rank to earn free gems
    Refill (50+50 gems)

If you add up those Gametime it will take more than 1hour to completed those task.

Also increase energy regeneration or is not a solution. Perhaps it is your problem . Maybe get a hobby, play a sport or play other mobile game. I'm sure everyone in here play other mobile game beside Star war.

• I've spent tons on one account....around 50 bucks on another..and 5 on another. For f2p players it's ridiculous how slow they progress. Almost unplayable. The crappy shard and gear drop rates you could log on go through 100 cantina energy and 100 regular energy and not get diddly squat. Thats crazy. If I didnt pay to play..there isn't any way I would play this game. It's not even that good of a game to practically have to pay to play. This reason alone is why I think after the movie hype dies out so will this game. All that will be left is paying players. Can you imagine once they kift the kevel cap and theres 70 epic parts for one piece of gear. It would take a free player weeks....for that one piece.
  • It depends the reason why you want to play this game. If you enjoy the Star Wars franchise, sure it's fun to play casually. If you really want to get in the game, we'll spend a lot of money and play every minute. Or buy small things here and there without getting way out of your way that way you can play whenever you want.

But I would think that they should lower the energy timer to 3minutes instead of 5.
  • As a p2p, its not really limitless play. I hit my personal cap of 900 energy for missions within 10 minutes due to sims. I think its good, because it makes players communicate outside the game while waiting for cooldown, or do proper real world stuff I.e. Study/work/date, etc.

Marvel Future Fight has pretty much enough energy to keep you playing 24/7. After getting my Angela and Captain Marvel to max star and levels, its feels like a core clearing energy. I seriously think the developers want to pace this game out.

I dont mind. I really want to see this game still here in 2017.

I tried Marvel Future Fight also. Super fun game. Awesome graphics, but waaaaaay to much to do every day. I couldnt handle it and play this game at same time.

• Jean wrote: »
    It depends the reason why you want to play this game. If you enjoy the Star Wars franchise, sure it's fun to play casually. If you really want to get in the game, we'll spend a lot of money and play every minute. Or buy small things here and there without getting way out of your way that way you can play whenever you want.

But I would think that they should lower the energy timer to 3minutes instead of 5.

That'd mean full energy charge every 6 hours. Now some of us do try to get 6 hours of sleep per night and wouldn't want to lose energy while I'm sleeping.

That being said that is all quite pointless, faster recharge=more energy=more node farming/more gear drops= less refill crystals= decreased revenue.

Unless you can find a way to increase their revenue AND increase energy recharge rate, CG might (stop calling them EA, it is not EA.) implement it, this is a business not a charity for you to have more fun.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well if anything needs to speed up, cantina energy would be my first choice. I have 400 sim tickets, gaining more than I basicly spend xd
    Changing to 3 mins means full refill after 6h. Some people sleep a bit longer like myself, especially weekends.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I'm 100% f2p, and I shred GW all day, every day son :) I would like to see the cantina and regular energy refill faster, but by consuming crystals I never find it to be an issue that stops me from playing whenever I want to play - if anything, faster energy regen would mean I could buy a chromium pack now and then...
  • I honestly would like to know how a f2p player a month after release can beat the GW. Sounds apk modding like to me.