Offense Up / Defense Up

These two should completely offset each other. In their current incarnation, Defense Up is much weaker because Armor and defensive capabilities play a much smaller role in the meta.

They should be changed to function in the following manner

Defense Up: reduce all damage by 50%
Offense Up: Increase all damage by 50%

the formulas used should cancel the effects of each other out:

With Defense Up the formula would look like: (Unmodified Damage Received / 1.5) = Final Damage Received
With Offense Up the formula would look like: (Unmodified Damage Output x 1.5) = Final Damage given

Thoughts?

Replies

• nubsors wrote: »
    These two should completely offset each other. In their current incarnation, Defense Up is much weaker because Armor and defensive capabilities play a much smaller role in the meta.

They should be changed to function in the following manner

Defense Up: reduce all damage by 50%
    Offense Up: Increase all damage by 50%

the formulas used should cancel the effects of each other out:

With Defense Up the formula would look like: (Unmodified Damage Received / 1.5) = Final Damage Received
    With Offense Up the formula would look like: (Unmodified Damage Output x 1.5) = Final Damage given

Thoughts?

That'd be too high. Chewie's leadership skill would be too good as would Imp Guard's buff. Maybe change it to 25%.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Good job but i say Meh lol

The game is designed how its designed and the buffs play the part they play. Build to it rather then try an change it. Im not a fan of augmenting ANYTHING because ppl spend $ to build to the system as best they can. Changing the system is detrimental to the paying player base. The better solution then changing the system and nerf'n toons is to simply fix the issue by adding in dif toons that offset it. You saw what happened when they nerf'd bariss. She didnt need a nerf to begin with and they mad ALOT of ppl mad. All they had to do was make a toon that had a debuff to block her equilization. Then ppls toon they paid for would be not be screwed with. Same for your idea imo. Dont change the system ppl have worked so hard to build to. Just add a toon that offer larger buffs to balance it out (if there is any real need anyway)

Just my opinion
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Good job but i say Meh lol

The game is designed how its designed and the buffs play the part they play. Build to it rather then try an change it. Im not a fan of augmenting ANYTHING because ppl spend $ to build to the system as best they can. Changing the system is detrimental to the paying player base. The better solution then changing the system and nerf'n toons is to simply fix the issue by adding in dif toons that offset it. You saw what happened when they nerf'd bariss. She didnt need a nerf to begin with and they mad ALOT of ppl mad. All they had to do was make a toon that had a debuff to block her equilization. Then ppls toon they paid for would be not be screwed with. Same for your idea imo. Dont change the system ppl have worked so hard to build to. Just add a toon that offer larger buffs to balance it out (if there is any real need anyway)

Just my opinion
    People spend money to build characters with "Defense Up" buffs and those currently just don't compare to what Offense Up does. By just adding more heroes and not nerfing / buffing existing characters to keep a general balance, they will just create further imbalance and more characters that are useless.
  • I see what everyone is ssaying about not nerfing or buffing, but my problem is that I think the mechanic isn't effective enough to be useful as is. Maybe 50% is too much to increase defense by, but they should be mirror images. To counter balance each other.