Any of my tanks usable yet?

ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
I tried some of these guys out in GW and they seemed to do OK but I think I would have a huge target on my back running any of them. Curious when they become usable on a day to day basis.

All Gear 7
Han - 4* half way to 5*
Poe - 4*
5's - 4*
RG - only 3* and even with two nodes to grind seems to be dropping little.
Chewie is also only 3*

My best "tank" at the moment is Savage at 6* max geared. I'd like a taunting tank in there but I think all of mine are just too weak - right?

I really want to get a tank incorporated. I went after Han early game until I found he was pretty lackluster so stopped and went after speed toons only to have Han come back now. Feels like I am always playing catch up!

Replies

• "target on my back"

"Poe"

Pick one.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    "target on my back"

"Poe"

Pick one.

HAHA. I have found that some setups even if I am winning easily are a big target. I tried one setup this morning and did great, had 5 standing but I dropped 200 places in 4 hours! It was a totally new setup for me so I dont know if just one toon did made that happen. I just swapped things around again and won with 4 standing so we'll see how it goes.

Question on Poe. 4*, gear 7, all ability at 6. I cant get him to expose anybody! If I am lucky he'll expose 2. I swear that more often than not he exposes Zero. I get the turn meter help but I thought his strength was also in exposing people. I use him in GW towards the end if I have a tough node and just today he exposed zero opponents.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Poe has pretty mediocre Potency (40%) and with many characters gaining Tenacity that doesn't cut it. Mine exposes 2/5 when I'm lucky, but 0/5 happens pretty often.

Btw, I've been playing Poe as a 5* max gear for months now. Doesn't seem to need more stars right now, but I might farm him again to get more chances on defense down (on his basic attack).

Oh, and Han and Fives are looking to be the best tanks in the new meta.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    So you're using him strictly for his 25% TM reduction? I was hoping with a 50% chance at expose he would expose somebody!

If it just for the TM I think Han may be better now with protection in place and him giving everybody TM gains.
  • Yep. And yep.

If it wasn't for Phasma, I wouldn't be using Poe, but they are so good together.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Interesting, maybe I will try them both for a real trial in Arena. I am already using Phasma for TM and Advantage.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Your level will make a big difference too.

RG is ok at 3*, but pretty good at 4*. I just 4*'d mine today. I still need to up his gear though. Gear is pretty important now to gain the protection element. And RG's auto-taunt is really good. Takes place without you doing anything, even if it's not his turn yet.
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    Get ST Han up. He's a fairly easy farm. Definitely keep going at RG. He's a beast now in that he just soaks up damage while your dps burns.

I took first today for the first time every(usually in the 10-20 range) with Sid(L), Leia, GS, Lumi, RG. All 7*, lvl 67 with gear at 7 or 8.

Only lost RG and by that time the other guy was down to two toons with no protection and one with half health. They got burned down quick.

Of course I got knocked back out to #11 shortly after but I like it.
  • + to what @Merula said.
  • I think just drop everyone except RG. He seems to be the best all-rounder of all the taunt-tanks. I know he's a grind, but he's a grind for everyone else too. so everyone is slow to get him up there.

Even at low levels, RG takes the hits. he gets killed, but a great bullet sponge for a round.
  • Whatre his health and protection stats at 4star 8/9 gear level?
  • Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Thank you!
  • Focus on 5's!!! He's the new meta.