Does it take too long for f2p players to continue playing?

Replies

• The devs need to make it more interesting and challenging. Putting your teams to test in GW is somewhat dun, and is different from Arena strategies. they can't make the grind slower but we could use our chars in different scenarios, which will make us want having more chars sooners too.
  • Maybe it's the server I happen to be on, but GW really isn't all that hard for me to beat - I don't consider my characters to be more than average in power for my level...
  • My strongest character is a 5* Lumi with purple gear, and I don't even know how apk modding works...
  • DaysOfYore
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I've been playing C.o.C (clash of clans) for 2 and a half years now and I'm still not maxed out. I don't get this we want the game to be faster, easier and give us what we want mentality.
    Patience and you will see that toons will unlock faster. Besides you also have GW, Arena + Events & challenges to play. If you want more action play SW Battlefront :P

^^^This. I don't think people understand the F2P model. And who really wants a game that you reach the "end" so quickly. And if you do, such as that of buying a console game, then just spend 60 dollars on this game and get to the "end". If anything, as a F2P player, I feel I am advancing TOO FAST.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    This thread blows my mind.

I just cant wrap my head around what any F2P player of any game could realistically have to complain about..............

Cut out all the ****, all the tension between payers an freeloaders, etc etc etc.

At the end of the day when all has settled the bottom line is this (imo)
    If your playing free, just sit back, kick up your feet, and enjoy the road the paying players pave for you. If you play free, then take whats free an be grateful for the opportunity. Stop crying around an feeling entitled or owed. If you play free, just take whats free an pipe down.

I dont mean that to sound mean or harsh (definatly NOT my intent) as i have real friends (even my wife) that play free. I just cant understand how a free player has any grounds to complain about anything. You get it free so literally ANYTHING is better then nothing.............

Sorry if that comes across wrong but im legitimatly baffled here lol
  • Nope, progressing just fine. It's a mobile game, it's not meant to be played 24 hours a day...
  • I love the fact that it takes so long to refill energy. It forces me to put my phone down. Also, there are so many things to do in the game. I'm f2p, best PVP ranking was 600 a few weeks ago. I have 29 toons. Patience is rewarded in game.
  • I wouldn't mind faster energy recharge but I also think it's fine as it is. If they want me in the game longer, then they need to add a social element. Alliances, raids, cross-server pvp...stuff like that.

I've only put about $20 in the game and I feel like I advanced too fast in the month I've played. (Started Dec 1st). I hit the Lv cap, have 8 characters in max gear, 3 characters max stars, most of my favorites are unlocked, and comfortably sit in the top 5 everyday (#1 today).

I originally set a budget of $20 a month on the game but there is nothing there I want to spend money on anymore.

To wrap it all up...energy timer is fine and there aren't enough crystal dumps. :smile:
  • Abyss wrote: »

I just cant wrap my head around what any F2P player of any game could realistically have to complain about..............

Cut out all the ****, all the tension between payers an freeloaders, etc etc etc.

If your playing free, just sit back, kick up your feet, and enjoy the road the paying players pave for you. If you play free, then take whats free an be grateful for the opportunity. Stop crying around an feeling entitled or owed. If you play free, just take whats free an pipe down.

I dont mean that to sound mean or harsh (definatly NOT my intent) as i have real friends (even my wife) that play free. I just cant understand how a free player has any grounds to complain about anything. You get it free so literally ANYTHING is better then nothing.............

Personally the two biggest features are (GW & Arena) both which a F2P player in the purposed model, unless lucky with chorum drops/shard drops do not have teams which can compete on a daily basis with mid-tier P2P opponents. Of course this is by choice; but drop rates dictate a lot of what occurs, especially for F2P. Now if you're P2P you technically have limitless resources as you probably have Dooku and Barris among probably others which in the end allow for the diversity on the roster to increase. A advantage to the F2P; also while technically playing for free, they're are still advertisements and other smaller scale things everyone even F2P players are required to deal with.

Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think it's alright. I like to just use SIM cards anyway.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • One thing that I think would be win/win was increasing maximum gear levels, from say 8 or whatever to maybe 20 and then increasing item droprate dramatically. I agree with WhitiT insofar as it being ridiculous F2P can go a whole day only earning a tiny fraction of the materials necessary for one upgrade. In reality a low droprate and low item cap ceiling is exactly the same as a higher item cap ceiling and bigger droprate, but it would give a greater sensation of progress in my opinion.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly would like to know how a f2p player a month after release can beat the GW. Sounds apk modding like to me.

Started the first day of December, (got my achievement for logging in everyday for a month just today) was able to beat the GW second time onward.

Bought Dooku pack, did not have any 4* bronzium pulls (got Ewok Elder/Teebo/Biggs and occasional IG86/JC shards) nor did I mod apk.

GW is hit and run and droid teams excel at the job, in one turn I can take out ANY character without using CDs, bait their CDs, heal and buff them second time around with Daka+Poggle combination and then mop the floor with them. Repeat this 12 times and GW is done.

Even before I had Poggle+Daka, by the time I had opened GW I already had both IGs and was coming close to HK so first few runs were tough but retreating and CD management helped me immensely and Ewok Elder is the real MVP.
  • Cenarl
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    why not ditch the timer and give all your possible daily energy up front at reset? Buy refills as usual. Then people can play when they want.
  • OneTwoCleanUpCrew
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Looks like players are 50/50 on the topic. I suppose what I was trying to say, with the emphasis on "continue playing" is that there should be at all times a mode which allows you to simply play the game, battle and experiment with your team, perhaps a testing/training arena, there does not necessarily need to be any kind of reward progression, leave that for the ticketed battles, but we should still be able to play the actual game, without having to wait for timers to reset for those all important battles that grant rewards, I'll gladly wait for those, as that is part of the f2p p2p model.

We just want to "play" and watch those awesomely animated battles.
    Post edited by OneTwoCleanUpCrew on
    My Ally Code: 879-648-786
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    l

Started the first day of December, (got my achievement for logging in everyday for a month just today) was able to beat the GW second time onward.

Honestly, his post was not even worth replying to. I had originally written a more scathing post, but edited it in light of the fact that it would accomplish nothing. He has more than proven himself to be little more than a petty and jealous player with extreme buyer's remorse. Even before he started making more controversial posts, as we've seen recently. Just ignore him, as he chooses to make posts with no regards to anyone except his own personal experiences. Ultimately, he will quit this mediocre game and bring his negativity elsewhere.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Puch
    12 posts Member
    Glad it doesnt refresh more often.. I already spend too much time on this anyway.. Sometimes i feel like a lunatic, having the game on my phone and checking things while at work or meeting friends :D
  • Abyss wrote: »

Personally the two biggest features are (GW & Arena) both which a F2P player in the purposed model, unless lucky with chorum drops/shard drops do not have teams which can compete on a daily basis with mid-tier P2P opponents. Of course this is by choice; but drop rates dictate a lot of what occurs, especially for F2P. Now if you're P2P you technically have limitless resources as you probably have Dooku and Barris among probably others which in the end allow for the diversity on the roster to increase. A advantage to the F2P; also while technically playing for free, they're are still advertisements and other smaller scale things everyone even F2P players are required to deal with.

Well I'm f2p and been playing for a month now, I have 6* sid gear 5, 5* lumi gear 6, 4* consular gear 8, 4* chewy gear 5, and 4* Talia gear 6. I usually stay between 125 and 75 on arena and have beaten GW. I'm about a week away from unlocking Vader 2 days away from Kyle Ren and dooku and 3 days away from have Daka. I don't see the point in even playing unless you really want Lando, the rest of the strong people can be farmed. And I'm to belive the consular will be one of the most well rounded toons if lvld all the way with 7 stars. I'm looking forward to a sid, dooku, kylo, lumi, consular team. Everything you need, healers, counter attackers, and healing immunity....beast.
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Alot of these "f2p" players have at least bought a crystal subscription. If you are on this forum you most likely enjoy the game to an extent and would be willing to spend 5 bucks. You guys are not fooling anyone.

I just wish I could slowly progress my Maul and Leia without spending more money.

• As a f2p player I have 31 characters unlocked after 1 month, clear GW occasionally at lv 60 and currently at rank 23 in the arena. This game, despite its many flaws, is very f2p friendly.

This is either because to be a p2w player you've got to spend big, far bigger than most games before you see results like 5-7* Mauls and Landos. And if you don't, you really don't have any advantage over f2p. Or the other reason, a lot of decent characters that can form highly competitive teams can get farmed for free. I love this game as a f2p player as the divide between me and p2w players is miniscule and I have no issues competiting with them.
  • Spend cash on it so i hope they at least make it 1 min refresh if you spend over 100
  • Love SW:GoH but the time it takes to f2p needs to be halved at the least, as a f2p I should be able to battle most of the day and not have to wait 8+hours for cool down timers to build up and reset. Should be pay to win not pay to play, otherwise it's not free to play is it?
    lol i see p2p players are voting against your poll. ha ha figures.
  • I am f2p and I do not find any difficulties whatsoever in this game...once you get a good combo team...then BOOM baby...Rank 1 and all gems yours all the time....you just need to figure it out what characters you need to have in your team. Ow yes, one more, try to be ACTIVE before rewards time..it means a lot to your progress in the future...
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016

What is your logic Scorpion? I have spent 40 bucks on the game, and agree that this game is one of the most ridiculous money grabs I have ever seen.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It takes too long for EVERYONE to continue playing. No problem with slowing down advancement, but you shouldn't be in a position where after 45 minutes there is nothing fun to do, even if you have paid for several recharges. Simming missions for shards and grinding challenges take little time and are not enjoyable. The only thing that is fun to do in this game is GW. They need more game modes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Boogz wrote: »
    What is your logic Scorpion? I have spent 40 bucks on the game, and agree that this game is one of the most ridiculous money grabs I have ever seen.

spend on pack? and didn't get what you want?
  • Boogz
    21 posts Member
    I am fine with spending some money for a chance to unlock a character. But then to be required to spend more money just for them to be playable at a high level i.e. Leia (I am sure there are others) is just asinine.
  • Boogz wrote: »

omg 40 bucks only hahahahaha.....most of my friends spent $1000 or more than that for ONE game only ( Heroes charge, battle camp, etc)....
  • Boogz wrote: »
    I am fine with spending some money for a chance to unlock a character. But then to be required to spend more money just for them to be playable at a high level i.e. Leia (I am sure there are others) is just asinine.

Then you just need to use characters that are farmable or easy to get....duuuh....dont dream too high when you are not capable to get it...
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly would like to know how a f2p player a month after release can beat the GW. Sounds apk modding like to me.

So I've not been playing a month but I am level 56(which is apparently one of the harder levels as I can face level 60s fully geared and fully starred, it is quite clear it doesn't pick people from your server either so that makes no diff) and basically f2p (my subscription got me a coruscant guard which I have never used and a load of leia shards, half of which I did not receive, and some qui gon, cad bane and dathcha shards I will never ever use,'oh it also upgraded my royal guard...**** I never buying from this game again :/).

What??

Last night I lost 1 person out of the 7 I use (sacrificed my 2nd weakest out of the group, taila, for favourable start to 11th battle)...I retreated 6(my ewok elder is only 3* and admittedly now it can be dangerous to have him out on the first turn) times and did not reset (although I did get distracted during a won fight and my game closed).

Sure I met some 7 star epic gear...But 5/7 of my people are gear capped aside from an item or 2 and 5/7 are 5*+. When the difference is only a few levels and a star or two, you can beat a fully geared team. If you can beat one team then you can beat another...I only basically have 7 people I use total (not enough resources to focus on any more, although my night sister initiate should hit 4 stars tomorrow and hit epic year today).

I do not really understand this wearing down business, I end all myatches with basically full health and full CDs with almost no retreating at the end of fights at all, so it is less like 12 fights in 1 and more like just winning 12'individual fights, sure half the teams have an advantage but it is hardly insurmountable and the ai is really bad.

It really amazes me that people struggle so very much, I could not be at a more disadvantageous level right now so it is not like this will get harder. as I said, to me there is no difference in fighting 3 fully geared teams to 6.

So in a month of playing I will be 60 and my main people will be fully geared and 6*+. You cannot win a fight against basically same stat ai controlled people? You feel people must cheat to do so? Rofl......you even get to see what their full line up is lol
  • LBJfor3
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand this talk that f2p players say they get 240 energy and 120 cantina energy every day. You can easily earn enough crystals through dailies, achievements, and the squad arena to at least refresh cantina once a day and regular twice a day, so even f2p players can easily get double the energy they state they get every day.