Suggestion PVP Mechanism

Opening the following topic for thoughts on current PVP ranking system. I believe many of us are not quite happy with the current ladder system and this is rather meaningless sniping top position.

Some of my thoughts are;

- Make use of total squad power to provide certain perks to balance the PVP So that you dont get squad power 8k killing squad power 16k as if it was nothing for example 10k to 15k squad power Get 5% dmg And def boost etc. 15k - 20k Get another x %

- Improve AI! Otherwise add x% advantage to all defending players to balanCe the game play.

- points ladder system based on , if you defeat higher rank player you gain significant points and opponents lose significant points. If you hit lower player and win you get minimal points. Total points to determine winner could be based on total plus win lose ratio.

- otherwise make Heroes in PVP similar to galaxy war where they die or dmg permanently for a day.. both in def Or atk

- synchronise PvP given the example of Jurrasic World app games and you will need large players base.

My Ally Code -813-329-945
LVL 60

Replies

• Definitely agree on point ladder system.
  • 1. Squad power giving perks just benefit soft launch players, making it even harder to catch up with us. (we top the charts and squad power currently) Don't think it is fair for those only able to join us after global launch. Secondly it doesn't promote challenging more difficult opponents, since you are making them even 'more difficult' now.

2. AI is already rather improved, they target units specifically etc. Once again, making defenders harder also makes it hard for others to 'catch-up'. Put yourself in global release newcomers shoes. You have to climb from rank 10,000 hoping to get to top100, even after you spend $X,XXX you would still have difficulty dues to these defender buffs.

3. Points ladder would be great if fights were limited to X per day, without refresh. It prevents people from ever catching-up because top players like us are earning XXX crystals per day because we sit comfortably in top100. Letting us do refresh at no cost (what you earned yesterday, use it to refresh and maintain lead). Then for those of lower tier without the good rewards, to catch-up, wouldn't they have to really refresh lots?

4. Making heroes die permanently daily is... only benefiting those that purchased lots of characters... Basically it would seriously shift the game to P2W. I can field 2 full teams, no problem with me, but again, most people wouldn't be able to. You have 5 fights to play out, units dying permanently means those with only 5 feasible characters only putting up a fight for 2-3 rounds.

5. Mentioned before, synchronous pvp is fun, but extremely difficult to implement (said Aaron back in old forums).
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Rank switching is definitely not my preferred method. If i can only attack 5 people to gain rank, I should only be able to be targeted by others 5 times over a day. If I get attacked 20 times in a day and lose half those battles, my 5 attacks of the day become more and more meaningless in the ranks. I now have to sparse my battles out over the course of the day to try to maintain rank. Some days my schedule doesn't allow for that and I need to push my 5 battles out quickly.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    1. Squad power giving perks just benefit soft launch players, making it even harder to catch up with us. (we top the charts and squad power currently) Don't think it is fair for those only able to join us after global launch. Secondly it doesn't promote challenging more difficult opponents, since you are making them even 'more difficult' now.

2. AI is already rather improved, they target units specifically etc. Once again, making defenders harder also makes it hard for others to 'catch-up'. Put yourself in global release newcomers shoes. You have to climb from rank 10,000 hoping to get to top100, even after you spend $X,XXX you would still have difficulty dues to these defender buffs.

3. Points ladder would be great if fights were limited to X per day, without refresh. It prevents people from ever catching-up because top players like us are earning XXX crystals per day because we sit comfortably in top100. Letting us do refresh at no cost (what you earned yesterday, use it to refresh and maintain lead). Then for those of lower tier without the good rewards, to catch-up, wouldn't they have to really refresh lots?

4. Making heroes die permanently daily is... only benefiting those that purchased lots of characters... Basically it would seriously shift the game to P2W. I can field 2 full teams, no problem with me, but again, most people wouldn't be able to. You have 5 fights to play out, units dying permanently means those with only 5 feasible characters only putting up a fight for 2-3 rounds.

5. Mentioned before, synchronous pvp is fun, but extremely difficult to implement (said Aaron back in old forums).

Point one to 3 is irrelevant with different ladder rank now.

Point 5 is always possible, it is only the matter if they want to invest time and resources to this. If other games can do this why cant they.
    My Ally Code -813-329-945
    LVL 60
  • I suggested this a month ago and still think it would be a cool feature.

After battling the same Squads for weeks, perhaps a themed PvP system should be implemented. Balancing characters is probably one of the more difficult tasks the developers have, so why not change it up each week based on class or something. For example,

Week 1 - Jedi & Sith gain 50% HP
    Week 2 - Droids gain 50% Crit Damage
    Week 3 - Scoundrels gain 100% Evade
    Week 4 - Jawas and Tusken have +25% Speed
    Week 5 - Rebels are immune to Special Damage
    Week 6 - Empire is immune to Physical Damage

Something like that.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    A developer who's active on the SWGoH Reddit board has stated that they are currently looking at how to change the Arena ladder system from the current set up.

I think in the same vein as character type synergies (e.g. Lobot with Droids), they should include squad bonuses based on a team you use, similar to how Marvel Future Fight does it.

For example if you had a team with the following characters: Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, Stormtrooper Han, and Chewbacca.
    You would get a team bonus for having all 5 characters together called "A New Hope" (just an example) which grants buffs to certain stats.

Aside from adding nice acknowledgements to Star Wars lore, the team buffs might encourage players to play with a team up they like instead of just using the "Flavour of the Month OP All Stars" team.
  • Imagine a team with farmboy Luke, X-Wing pilot Luke, Hoth Luke, Jedi Luke, and Force Awakens Luke!

It'd also be nice to have additional boosts if you pair Jedi/Sith with their Padawans, e.g. Anakin and Ahsoka.
  • kgwzz wrote: »
    Imagine a team with farmboy Luke, X-Wing pilot Luke, Hoth Luke, Jedi Luke, and Force Awakens Luke!

It'd also be nice to have additional boosts if you pair Jedi/Sith with their Padawans, e.g. Anakin and Ahsoka.

Yep that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Dooku + Asajj, Sidious + Vader, etc.