I realized something funny today

Prev1
About these updates that say they're trying to stop the kill before you can act. As I watch my character evaporate in GW. I just realized the computer just did to me what the devs said they are trying to get rid of. So did they mean they didn't want us to do it because only they wanted to? Also now I have half the health and the opponents in GW all start with protection. So now instead of us potentially being equal, now they all have double the health we do. Life is funny

Replies

• Please just stop. You don't have half the health. And if any of your toons can be killed in GW before you act then you need to get your toons better before you try to complete GW.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If your characters are dying before you have a chance to act in GW then you need to learn how to play or build up your characters... sorry, but it's that simple.
  • Hahaha me too
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Please just stop. You don't have half the health. And if any of your toons can be killed in GW before you act then you need to get your toons better before you try to complete GW.

i faced a L76 team, both his QGJ (gear 9) and GS could oneshot my QGJ (L74, gear 9, full health, no protection) with assist. there is no question AI does more damage.

• bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    If your characters are dying before you have a chance to act in GW then you need to learn how to play or build up your characters... sorry, but it's that simple.

sounds like someone flighting the easy teams.
  • bbmiLo wrote: »

sounds like someone flighting the easy teams.

Nope. Sure you will get hard matches early on, but when it comes to outlasting the opponent, it becomes easier with protection. I only need the same team for most of my GW runs now. The heals are cycled perfectly and by the end of every big match (which starts at node 5), all the heals are on cooldown by the time the last toon dies.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Welcome to Poe, Poggle, GS, Droid teams.
    As soon as Poe turn comes :
    1. You get exposed.
    2. Poggle offense buffs everyone.
    3. GS turn comes right after, shoots and calls ig88. Bam, maxed Ventress bites the dust.
    4. IG86 turn now, shoots and calls GS. Bam, maxed Sid down.
    5. IG88 turn comes (Basically the whole f team went before yours) and Aoe the living carp out of your team.
    6. Did my turn come now? You wish. GS turn again because Poe and his crit overfed him turn meter.
    7. Now your turn really comes (if you don't have more slow heroes like Ventress and enemy don't have hk47 lead) You see the once squishy GS and ig88, not being so squishy anymore and ready to attack any time soon. You say to yourself. Thanks devs for great balance.

PS. This is almost what happened today for me. I'm 74lvl and i run Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Magmatrooper, Ventress. My Ventress got actually one shotted, but my Sid dodged the ig86's assist, though he died right after by ig88's aoe. Needless to say that with dps like Sid, Magmatrooper, Dooku, the battle was lost.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh I sensed a "Protection" joke, guess I was wrong.
  • Please just stop. You don't have half the health. And if any of your toons can be killed in GW before you act then you need to get your toons better before you try to complete GW.

You know anything about me or my "toons" characters mr troll. Explain to me how I don't have half the health.
  • If your characters are dying before you have a chance to act in GW then you need to learn how to play or build up your characters... sorry, but it's that simple.

No it's not that simple when you don't know what's going on. Thank you for telling me about my characters otherwise I might have been confused. So what makes you such a great intelligence force on this planet and not a troll?
  • Gentlemen, please...
  • Faustino wrote: »
    Gentlemen, please...

I never claimed to be a gentleman. And where were you when they were taking potshots at me.
  • Faustino wrote: »
    Gentlemen, please...

I never claimed to be a gentleman. And where were you when they were taking potshots at me.

They were what?!

+1

What on earth is your problem? Let the guy voice his concerns.
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    Please just stop. You don't have half the health. And if any of your toons can be killed in GW before you act then you need to get your toons better before you try to complete GW.

His concerns are nothing more than anecdotal evidence supported by his own hyperbole.
    I am Darth Spartacus

His concerns are nothing more than anecdotal evidence supported by his own hyperbole.

Truth of the matter is: yes they DO have double your HP. so unless you have a roster of alternatives you won't be able to beat it.
    I say that as a P2P player experiencing no issues. But for the rest of players in order to win they need at least a fully viable back up team or two
    WildGrunt wrote: »

Truth of the matter is: yes they DO have double your HP. so unless you have a roster of alternatives you won't be able to beat it.
    I say that as a P2P player experiencing no issues. But for the rest of players in order to win they need at least a fully viable back up team or two

And if they work at it they will have one
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • JawaJedi441
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    CPMP wrote: »
    1. You get exposed.
    3. GS turn comes right after, shoots and calls ig88. Bam, maxed Ventress bites the dust.
    5. IG88 turn comes (Basically the whole f team went before yours) and Aoe the living carp out of your team.
    6. Did my turn come now? You wish. GS turn again because Poe and his crit overfed him turn meter.
    7. Now your turn really comes (if you don't have more slow heroes like Ventress and enemy don't have hk47 lead) You see the once squishy GS and ig88, not being so squishy anymore and ready to attack any time soon. You say to yourself. Thanks devs for great balance.

PS. This is almost what happened today for me. I'm 74lvl and i run Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Magmatrooper, Ventress. My Ventress got actually one shotted, but my Sid dodged the ig86's assist, though he died right after by ig88's aoe. Needless to say that with dps like Sid, Magmatrooper, Dooku, the battle was lost.

I beat that team all the time. Just switch out one of your guys with Jawa. His AOE will stun droids 75% of the time. Target GS to take him down first. Poggle and Poe have garbage attack, so you don't need to worry about them until the end. After GS attack 86, then 88, and you will win.

Edit: Forgot to mention that QGJ, Lumi, and Sid all attack first blocking GS' assist

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Have Ahsoka, Asajj, Yoda, IG-86, and JC on the bench to mix it up when needed. Just need about $5m credits to unlock everyone's 7th star.
  • CPMP wrote: »
    1. You get exposed.

I beat that team all the time. Just switch out one of your guys with Jawa. His AOE will stun droids 75% of the time. Target GS to take him down first. Poggle and Poe have garbage attack, so you don't need to worry about them until the end. After GS attack 86, then 88, and you will win.

Edit: Forgot to mention that QGJ, Lumi, and Sid all attack first blocking GS' assist

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Have Ahsoka, Asajj, Yoda, IG-86, and JC on the bench to mix it up when needed. Just need about $5m credits to unlock everyone's 7th star.

See @Jaesyn_Beaz ? This is constructive.
    Learn from @JawaJedi441 how not to be a total...
  • This update's got people ****** UP!!!
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited April 2016

No it's not that simple when you don't know what's going on. Thank you for telling me about my characters otherwise I might have been confused. So what makes you such a great intelligence force on this planet and not a troll?

You're right. I am trolling. Please provide info on who you use on your A team and an example of what is happening when members of your A team die before you have a chance to do anything. After that, I will post some tips on what I do and suggest some improvements on your strategy that will hopefully help you with the current state of GW.
    1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

You realize there are threads dedicated to individual characters and the strategies with which to use them, right?
    I am Darth Spartacus
    1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

You realize there are threads dedicated to individual characters and the strategies with which to use them, right?

Then point the OP to these threads instead of being a total...
    Again, I suggest you learn from @JawaJedi441
  • About these updates that say they're trying to stop the kill before you can act. As I watch my character evaporate in GW. I just realized the computer just did to me what the devs said they are trying to get rid of. So did they mean they didn't want us to do it because only they wanted to? Also now I have half the health and the opponents in GW all start with protection. So now instead of us potentially being equal, now they all have double the health we do. Life is funny

Now you can't one shot enemy. Now defense in Arena is even worst.

1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Bruh. I'm sick of all the complaining. Tired of it. Terrible preparation on the part of players does not constitute an emergency on my part. If they want to learn how to play they can do all the investigating, googling, and experimenting I did when I started playing. It's not my job to help whiny complainers. If they want my help they can come to the forum and ask for suggestions on how to beat a mode. Rolling up here and saying stuff is broken and the devs screwed up and all manner of other baseless accusations is not a recipe for a helpful player to be kind to them. Good for jawajedi. He's a nice guy. I've had it with the whining.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

Bruh. I'm sick of all the complaining. Tired of it. Terrible preparation on the part of players does not constitute an emergency on my part. If they want to learn how to play they can do all the investigating, googling, and experimenting I did when I started playing. It's not my job to help whiny complainers. If they want my help they can come to the forum and ask for suggestions on how to beat a mode. Rolling up here and saying stuff is broken and the devs screwed up and all manner of other baseless accusations is not a recipe for a helpful player to be kind to them. Good for jawajedi. He's a nice guy. I've had it with the whining.

I gotta say...+1 to this. I'm just as tired of the unsubstantiated complaints. I'm total F2P and play arena in top 50-100 and can finish GW today just as much as I could before the update. Since the patch I'm at position 23 in Arena...a position I've never been in before. I don't know if it's because my team is that good or if everyone dropped out but the game requires strategy now. There is no such thing as an A team anymore. You adapt your team to who you are facing or get defeated.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    And yes you do basically have half health

Its called "protection", follow this:

Your "Protection" is gone so basically half the "health" is gone VS Teams on every node with "full health"(Protection and regular health)

Constant disadvantage most every match

They can call it what they want to fancy it up and fool you in to thinking its something different but the only difference is you cant go in to a new Node at "full health"

Imagine pre update, you are constantly going in to the next match at half health having to face full health 73 7* G8+ teams, you wont last long, wake up people.
  • RU486 wrote: »
    And yes you do basically have half health

Its called "protection", follow this:

Your "Protection" is gone so basically half the "health" is gone VS Teams on every node with "full health"(Protection and regular health)

Constant disadvantage most every match

They can call it what they want to fancy it up and fool you in to thinking its something different but the only difference is you cant go in to a new Node at "full health"

Imagine pre update, you are constantly going in to the next match at half health having to face full health 73 7* G8+ teams, you wont last long, wake up people.

Lol. You'd last a heck of a lot longer now in that exact scenario than you would have before the update.

Once more, I completed gw today with the same 5 I started it with. Protection was gone by node 4. Entered several nodes with less than 2/3rds health yet somehow I survived. Two good healers able two damage dealers and a good tank (completely optional) and gw is a piece of cake.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • DavionThunder
    213 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    1. You get exposed.

My team for this BTW

QGJ
    Lumi
    IG-88
    Sidius
    Jawa

And now you know I'm a terrible preparer and I don't know how to play. Oh no...what should I do bruh....please. If you think I'm being a whiner come on over and we'll settle it face to face instead of you being a keyboard coward. Check my history and see how many times I complain. If you think that was a complaint maybe you get some tougher skin. Gotta watch that blood pressure.