Galactic War and Protection

DeseltheMiner
27 posts Member
edited April 2016
This is a formal complaint and a possible remedy about the way Protection works in Galactic War.

I am new to the forums, but have been playing this game almost constantly since soon after it original release (other than a small 2 month hiatus). I have enjoyed it very much since then and it has given me a great distraction from the stresses of grad school.
The addition of GW was amazing. I loved it. I could sit down for 30 minutes or an hour in the evening before bed and knock it all out depending on how lucky I got with opponents. However, after this recent update...GW is now no longer a fun stress reliever for me. It frustrates me.
I understand it is supposed to be fun and challenging all at the same time, but now it takes at least 2 or more hours to complete GW with the damage nerfs and the protection added.
I am not here to complain about damage nerfs, I am ok with them and am ok for the longer amounts of time I spend on the battles (except now Barris' basic is like hitting someone with a feather pillow, but thats another story for another time).

Complaint:
After one or two rounds, the team I started with no longer has protection. However, every team I encounter has protection as I move toward the middle of the holotable. At that point, I have no protection at all on my top 5 to 8 or so players, making the latter part of the holotable nigh impossible to complete (even with restarting battles).

Remedy:
Allow for protection for each toon used in the battle to regenerate fully in between battles (or every 3rd battle at the silver, gold, or purple boxes).
OR
Allow protection for each toon used in the battle to regenerate one full bar in between battles.
OR
Allow protection to regenerate fully for each toon used in the battle ONLY if the protection bar hasn't been completely depleted (even if there is just a sliver left).

I think these remedies or something similar would allow GW to be significantly less frustrating, yet still keep it more challenging than it was pre-update.

Thank you EA for the update, overall I actually like it a lot. Its bringing in new strategies, which ultimately will allow for more new characters soon.

My 2¢
My 2¢

Replies

• I agree. This game balancing seems inclined towards arena. It's starting to cause problems in the other game modes now. Something has to be done.

A 7* Gear 9 RG has over 20k HP and 18k protection. That's close to HALF his HP.
    Imagine if you run RG, by the time you're at the later nodes, that's your RG (20k HP) vs his RG (38K HP)
    Not to mention we still got 5s, Savage, etc.

That is not balanced. Period.
  • I was king at Galactic War but I still stuck on yesterday's!!!
  • My thoughts exactly. In later battles I have to sacrifice 1-3 characters to move forward. It needs some serious revamping after the protection addition.
    My 2¢
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Protection adds the ability to have all abilities cooled down at the end of a battle. This means your Phasma can March every battles and your Lumi gets to heal every battle sometimes twice.

I agree that 25% proc regen for the bench would be a good feature.
  • I finished GW today without a problem with my usual strategy of A team, B team, and suicide squads as needed. However, I do agree that there should be a tweak to protection in GW, even a small amount of regeneration between rounds, in order to balance things a little better. It really does seem unfair that my toons' protection is gone by the second node but each team I face as I progress has full protection.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • If protection could be granted by certain characters this would be resolved, and strategic.
  • Either fix the protection crap or myself and many others take our cash elsewhere to waste on a phone game. If I cannot win then I will move on. No one will pay to lose but we are happy to pay here and there to win.
  • I agree with your post. Galactic War was something I looked forward to and enjoyed playing. Now I don't even click to enter Galactic War anymore. Since the most recent update with the protection bar, I am unable to compete or come close to finishing. I was previously able to beat GW over 50 times.

I am level 74. I have spent a few hundred dollars on crystal refreshes. I have 12 characters at level 74, and 6 more at level 70. All my characters are pretty much a max gear level.

I have 3 teams that I am able to mess around with. So far, all attempts and team compositions have failed to complete the GW. I have attempted with max level and gear Barriss as lead. I have attempted with max level and gear Luminara as lead. I have attempted with 3 healers. I have attempted with Luminara, Barriss, and Daka. All have failed.

At max level when you get to the final 6 nodes, everyone you fight has full protection bars while yours are depleted. Not to mention you are fighting everyone at least level 74, most are even higher.

Galactic War is such a disappointment to attempt to play now. I am beginning to lose motivation to play the game and am starting to look for other things that are more fun and worth the time investment.
  • They killed the GW.. as OP has said. Im top 250 player that regularly finish GW every 7/10 time and was the only way I could earn some coins and keep uo with the top contenders. However this armour update have killed the other games.
    Please fix this D.
  • I only thought I hated GW. That is until the update. Now, I know I hate GW. Yes, I finished the last two days but I'm officially calling it quits. It simply isn't worth the time to finish. Mobile games are supposed to be quick and entertaining. GW is neither of those. It took a good 20-30 min before the update. Now at least 2x to 3x that. No way. I'll keep at some of the other parts of the game for a while, but really think this might be it for me. I'd rather use that time looking for a new game than play GW tomorrow.
  • I have no problems with protection in GW. I can play through and win easily with just 5 characters. If one character does die replacing them the loss is so easy because then the new guy gets protection and is never killed until he has a chance to do some damage.

Seriously GW has become a cake walk. It is super easy now and even easier than before the update. A team of Lumi, JC, Keth (Jedi that can stun), Talia, and RG can go through with pretty much no problem and can defeat teams that have full protection while not having protection. If you use and have enough healers then GW is very easy. I even use Barriss and Ashno and those two characters coupled with a few other random guys can win a few nodes easily on their own.
  • This new update is garbage, GW was already difficult for players that don't have a surplus of maxed out characters and now with protection it's virtually impossible to compete with opponents at the end of the stand because they essentially have twice as much life as you. Completely unfair. Either protection needs to refill after every level or it should be taken out of GW all together.
  • I'd like to to see protection come back for toons that HAVENT been used for a battle, since they rested.

Seems fair, makes sense too.
  • Catarra wrote: »
    I finished GW today without a problem with my usual strategy of A team, B team, and suicide squads as needed. However, I do agree that there should be a tweak to protection in GW, even a small amount of regeneration between rounds, in order to balance things a little better. It really does seem unfair that my toons' protection is gone by the second node but each team I face as I progress has full protection.

This was the exact method I cleared GW with today. But **** it took forever!
  • If nothing changes about GW, people might want to consider focusing resources on their GW squads over arena. When people have an arena squad at 3-5k power above their healer squad used in GW, and that arena squad is setting the difficulty for GW, it's going to be very hard. Some people might have to let their arena rank suffer for a while in order to beef up for GW. Also, if you're only going to rank, e.g., 25 in arena, try using a lower power squad and just ranking 49 (same rewards) by using a lower power squad, in order to set the GW difficulty down.