How does Sid dodge everything?

Shellborx1
30 posts Member
edited April 2016
Playing today I came to notice on galactic wars and PvP that DARTH SIDIOUS is unbeatable because he constantly dodges and deflects all my attacks! I know it happened before the update but this is ridiculous the game is turning out to be unbeatable and such hard work to play! It's meant to be fun, to upgrade and promote your players sure it's meant to take time,but all the rest is unbelievable!
And the new health bars! What was wrong with the last ones! All my toons have gone down to 4 health bars it looks stupid I don't like it at all!
And that pointless protection bar because you reach gear 7. Well absokutely no need for that at all, I want the game to return the way it was with the normal health bars and the game not being so god **** hard now.. It's turned in to an effort to have to play!
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Go play chess. No RNG there.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • What are you on about RNG?
  • He was making a snide remark about random number generation, which is how games like this decide if a character will dodge an attack. Sidious, for example, has a 35% change to dodge Jedi attacks. So, when a Jedi attacks, the game "rolls a die" with 1-100 on it. If it "lands" on 1-35, Sidious dodges. Otherwise, the attack lands. Bad luck means you keep landing on 1-35.
  • Why is it everybody is resistant to Darth Sidious attacks suddenly? I threw it 3 times in 4 games and it worked once I think it's just the developers Way of evening out the playing field idk. I will stop crying about it now. BcUz I can't stand when others do it.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • Link13
    12 posts Member
    Agreed. I attacked Sidious with Luminara three times, one being the force push attack (I can't remember the name), and dodged all three CONSECUTIVELY. Now, shall I mention how many others HD dodged of my other four characters?
  • For that reason, I don't use all Jedi, since Sid is on a lot of squads. I use non Jedi first to attack him. Also, if you gear up and use higher lvl Jedi, your chances to get a hit seem higher too.
  • FINALLY PROOF: Darth Sidious is bugged. I started a Galactic War yesterday. I had two more battles to finish the war. I was doing great with my squad, full health, one or two abilities cooling down. My first three attackers, dodged all of them. My next two low damage attackers hit him. I was trying to take him out first. By this time, the A.I. gets its turn. Of course, Sidious stuns TWO characters, and Chewbacca taunts. So now I can't even attack Sidious any more and all my attacks are cooling down. Since Sidious offers both critical chance and damage bonus as leader, I lost two characters on the second turn. So, trying to keep this short, I lost. Yet for all players that didn't know this, I discovered by experiment, I touched the Sidious picture on the right side while on the Galactic War table and it allowed me to look at details of the character. So I look at the stats. BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPECIAL DODGE RATINGS ARE ZERO!!! I don't know what dimension everyone else comes from, but I'm pretty sure in this dimension, zero means no way, not happening, can't do it, unable, not skilled enough to perform the action in question, etc. Now, having looked at all my characters, I know some of them have been dodging and deflecting, but even their stats for "Dodge Rating" and "Deflection Rating" are zero. This should be fixed to better suit the player in knowing the character's abilities to facilitate building a good squad and roster.
  • Rie_Fu
    33 posts Member
    Yes, it feels like he dodges more on non-jedi character attacks too... By the way, I never understood why characters can dodge even with 0 dodge rate (and without additional rate from leader ability or buff)... Is there an accuracy rating which isn't mentioned in the stats of the characters?
  • "Sidious stuns two characters." Sidious doesn't have any stun ability, so if sid stunned 2 chars, definitely you found a bug, but noone else has reported that, so I suppose you mean either daka or dooku did, who are the only chars i know of who can dual stun. And sid doesn't deal soooo much damage, so you could have focused other chars if you are mainly jedi, and left sid for later.

Sid has 35% dodge against jedis as his special ability (not stat, ability). Dooku as lead offers 15% passive dodge, has 90% stun chance against jedis on his special (with 40 to stun a second char), and stun/ability block on his main attack.

You can check every character ability level and stats by long clicking in his icon. In arena and in GW. This allows you to better prepare against them.

Put in heavy damage non-jedis against dooku/sid, if you expect jedis to kill anti-jedi units easily (dooku + sid) then you're doing it wrong. Sid is interestingly a good char to fight sid himself (easy to get, easy to level, deals decent damage, heals after enemy deaths)
  • I have noticed that Sidious is nearly impossible to hit with dooku leadership while using a jedi team. He has a 35% chance to dodge jedi, plus 15% evasion with Dooku leadership. Thats 50% dodge just from bonus. Add that with his natural dodge and you have 60% dodge vs jedi. Those who say dodge is bugged for AI to begin with would say it is even higher. So if you are using a jedi team vs dooku/sidious you are going to have an extremely tough time.
  • Hellspawn wrote: »
    He was making a snide remark about random number generation, which is how games like this decide if a character will dodge an attack. Sidious, for example, has a 35% change to dodge Jedi attacks. So, when a Jedi attacks, the game "rolls a die" with 1-100 on it. If it "lands" on 1-35, Sidious dodges. Otherwise, the attack lands. Bad luck means you keep landing on 1-35.

GW IS NOT CHANCE OR RANDOM! I retreated more than 5 times when missing an opening attack 2 days ago and it would not allow the hit! I did this many times to show it is not random chance, and after the update 50%of my attacks get dodged or not even register!

• GW IS NOT CHANCE OR RANDOM! I retreated more than 5 times when missing an opening attack 2 days ago and it would not allow the hit! I did this many times to show it is not random chance, and after the update 50%of my attacks get dodged or not even register
  • In GW if you do the same actions you will get the same result. One way to get a new roll on the RNG is to retreat and use a different attack on a character or attack other characters or change one of the members on your roster.

Every character has a dodge rating of 0 but that does not show their true innate dodge rate; that information isn't shown in the game.

And just because the chance of an event occurring is unlikely, it doesn't mean it will never happen.
  • Hiya, welcome to the forum.
    Please don't post threads with titles in all caps.
  • GW *is* random. But the seed used for the RNG is stored and used always to generate the events.

This means that if you don't change anything, then the events will repeat in the same order and with the same effects. If you want to change the outcome, you need to change something (sometimes even changing places in your team might be enough)