Any change in Ventress' damage with the update?

Rie_Fu
33 posts Member
In my opinion, it doesn't seem like she got the damage boost as promised in order to balance slow-fast characters. I play both Dooku (fastest) and Asajj (slowest) and it feels like nothing has change regarding balancing the damage of different pace characters... Any observations?

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Her basic with no buff has little to no damage. Try adding a buff, see if she hurts ur opponent or not :) tried it before when someone died and used her final attack. Took their team down to yellow in one swing. Good to use but slow
  • They supposedly buffed her basic slightly, and nerfed her aoe
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Nope, her AOE still kicks **** for me. Useful for GW when speed is not really that important
  • Basically same as before but now lives long enough to hit like a truck (buffed)
    Top toon on B squad
    Fun to use
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Rie_Fu wrote: »
    In my opinion, it doesn't seem like she got the damage boost as promised in order to balance slow-fast characters. I play both Dooku (fastest) and Asajj (slowest) and it feels like nothing has change regarding balancing the damage of different pace characters... Any observations?
    That wasn't promised.
  • She's still pretty formidable and I will definitely invest my arena tokens in her. AOE doesn't hit as hard but I only use it when an enemy is on the brink of death anyway for the cooldown refresh.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • They mentioned buffing slow toons...she is darn slow
  • Her damage output stayed about the same, but accounting for the fact that many toons got a nerf, I see that as a "passive buff". When she has offense up, she hits for 5k+ and in this game state that's a massive amount of damage.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • I will be taking her to 7 stars when I finish 7 staring IG88, she is useful for me in the Savage challenge, stuns him 75% of the time preventing him from going on a rampage and wrecking my team
  • Another Toon that get killed threw the Storm
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    They slightly buffed her basic and heavy nerfed her AOE.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »

To be fair, I believe almost every AoE ~heavy nerfed. It was likely to prevent AoE-heavy teams from circumventing taunting tanks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »

To be fair, I believe almost every AoE ~heavy nerfed. It was likely to prevent AoE-heavy teams from circumventing taunting tanks.

@Nikoms565 Sadly it's true. I used to run Dooku lead, Sid, Ventress, Kylo, Magmtrooper. If enemy had Sid it was 90% ensured win (because magma earn turn meter, reduce enemy team's meter and then my whole team could use their Aoe's and kill 2-4 people. It was also working extremely good vs RG teams. All the hidden glass cannons behind him were getting vaporized. Now Kylo, Magma, Ventress, Sid and Dooku can't kill anything with Aoe, plus they can't even scratch enemy RG with their low dps. I don't know exactly how this update added diversity. If it's bad for balanced.medioce heroes like Kylo, Magmatrooper, Ventress and Sid, i don't wanna know how bad it would be heroes like Plo koon, Boba, Mob enforcer, Ugnaught, Nightsisters etc
  • Eleiem wrote: »
    Rie_Fu wrote: »
    That wasn't promised.

What EA told us was that slow characters will hit stronger than fast ones. And Asajj is the slowest of them all so she deserved a hit boost cause she gets much less turns compared to others. But seems they've even nerfed her best skill...
  • DJC_Chris wrote: »
    I will be taking her to 7 stars when I finish 7 staring IG88, she is useful for me in the Savage challenge, stuns him 75% of the time preventing him from going on a rampage and wrecking my team

Hate to say it but her stun chance is 35%, not 75;)
  • CPMP wrote: »

That explains why it feels like she's slightly weaker than before, although the way EA described the re-balancing she was supposed to become stronger...