My Server: Greg, Trethan, MegaOmega, Muffzilla, Hozzsucker, Cashbacca

Replies

• Sweet - thanks! He's a tough sniper to deal with
  • Gah he's back at 4!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I had an attack left and maybe if I start hitting him in his time he'll leave me alone in mine
  • Maybe - he finished at 4 because he got locked in a swap situation with #2.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Did you end up in first.
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    Arion, I just challenged your team from the #2 spot. (You were #4, no worries.) Your team worked really well. I had to kill both tanks before anyone else. RG taunted because I did a bit too much damage to 88, then Poe taunted. I pulled RG's taunt, but then he taunted again from me hitting Poe. If it wasn't for my own RG I would've got roasted. Well done!
  • Hey Greg - yeah I got it by locking myself out against you. I lost BTW - your team is tricky. I beat you once before to claim first but the 2nd time it wasn't even close. Wish I could give you more info but I wasn't paying much attention since it was just a place-holding battle... Thanks Trethan - it's nice to know how it performs on defense. It seems like double tank is maybe best bet for Droid teams post-update.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I think the one flaw with Han on defense is a well timed QG ends the Han threat and if RG is also taunting you can have the others take out RG so Han doesn't gain meter.

I haven't fought your droid team but the Dooku team running it went down easy. The droids with more damage might put up more of a fight.

I had to refresh today in arena to get first so I'll harass Cashbacca when I can. He hit me again just before payout so I have to hit him a few times after payout now.
  • I agree RE Han. I still wrestle with whether or not he's better than Poe when combined with RG. I'm leating more towards Poe after using Han more today but I just can't make up my mind who to leave up for defense. On offense I can at least decide based on the team I'm facing.

Any help with cash would be great - he's always trying to snipe first. Did you lose your spot? I saw you at #1 not too long after your payout time.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I was first at my payout. I had assumed you took it from me. Thanks for the info on my team on defense post update. I was playing around with a Phasma lead and don't quite have the right team yet.
  • Yeah I did but it was a while after. I had some trouble because I brought Han with me even though you have QGJ and he knocked off Han's taunt early on so next time I'll have to bring Poe.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Trethan, your team with 88 and Rey is pretty good. It's the closest I've been to losing in a while.

Do you have a GS? I don't have an 86 but post update he seems like might be the top assist guy. His basic is significantly more power fuel then GS plus he has crit chance. If you have both who do you think works better?
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    Good to hear, thanks Greg! I didn't know how they've been performing as I've been dropping a bit lately.

I do not have GS, I've never chased the bug. I always thought there'd be a nerf coming, plus I'm not much of a meta chaser. It's funny you say that, as I always thought GS was the better option with his health and speed. I'm glad 86 is doing well.

I'm not sure it mattered, but I had some battles left so I locked up cash for you with three minutes left today.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Thanks, I blocked him a little earlier then that because I don't think his team can beat mine in under 3 min.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If either of you have the chance can you attack my Phasma led team. I'm interested to here feedback. The resistance pilot should be reaced with a 6 star Rey next week:

Trethan, your team is much more difficult with buffed RG. He takes so much damage.
  • I'll be hitting you with my next battle. .. I'll try to pay extra attention and give you some feedback.
  • Close battle! Good team. .. I would have lost if my RG hadn't gotten as many stuns for sure. RP seems like your weak link because he's snipable through RG's taunts (at least with my team - 88 AOE, 86 special with poggle assist, HK AOE). Overall though it was tough and I noticed your phasma isn't even maxed yet. My team was HK lead, RG, Poggle, 88, 86. (I specifically used this for your team because I knew I needed as many ability blocks and stuns against your guys as possible.)
  • Oh my goodness. Cashbacca took me out of 1st (down to 4th), then locked me out so I couldn't play any battles until 4 minutes left, I hit him, beat him with 24 seconds to spare and it didn't hit the server in time so I got 4th and he got 1st. Argh!!!!!!!!!!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    So close. His team takes a long time to beat. I use auto and then aim on Barris once I'm down to Barris and Old Ben to try to speed it up. If really crunched for time I auto on Savage.
  • I auto-ed through Bariss and Ben but I guess I should have through Savage too.
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    That's what I was hoping for Greg. Thanks for the feedback! I did drop a little less last night, but I never know if the reason is my team or just luck. I'm out of battles tonight, but I'll fight you when I can.

I'm really excited to hit 77 so I can finish off RG.

I've completely changed my lineup in GW since the update. I used to run Bariss lead, Qui, Lumi, Yoda, and Rey. (Rey is recent, I used Sid a lot before I leveled her). I would switch to Qui lead for the arena style battles.

Now I'm running Phasma lead, Daka, Yoda, RG, and Consular. It's a low damage stun party! It gets me through almost all nodes (gets rocked by droids though), and my Phasma and Daka are only 5 star. Today crazy little Yoda still had some protection going into at least node 8. Didn't pay attention to exactly when he lost it.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    My GW is
    QG(l)
    RG
    Phasma
    Lumi
    GS

QG is in the lead so that Lumi goes before Phasma so when she victory marches all my toons go again. I only run into trouble in the first few battles when there isn't enough health to recharge the heal and victory march. Otherwise it's easier than before.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    What are you guys doing for guilds?
  • I've got a group of "real life" friends that play, we're starting a guild together. I don't want to turn this into a recruiting thread, but if either of you would like to join, you're more than welcome!
  • Greg, your arena team is looking really good. Phasma triggered bonus attacks on your first two attacks, and my Qui spent most of the match stunned. I got tired of beating on your RG!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Thanks, tomorrow Rey goes in for RP and Phasma gets her 7th star shortly.

I'll see on the guild once we know if smaller guilds are viable. If much rather be in a smaller guild if you can get access to the same prizes per person. But if you need to be in a big guild to get gear then big guild it is.
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    I feel the same way, I believe it will have to be a bigger guild though. That's our plan, to be bigger. Hopefully it works out.
  • I'd be open for sure to joining one of your guilds but I have player that comes with me (my husband -- we're a package deal). We wanted to just have our own but that's apparently not going to be viable so now we're looking for a bigger guild. He started before me and so due to the level cap he is the same level but has a deeper bench. He is just as active and trades off every other day 1st and 2nd with a whale on his server. Based on what I've been reading though it seems like it's going to be important to have at least a handful of spenders mixed into the guild somehow since it uses energy, so if either of you finds one like that or, Trethan, if you can hook a few spenders or your friends are spenders, then we're definitely interested.

PS Greg, I am so not looking forward to taking 1st from you tomorrow with Rey put in for RP. Ugh! Maybe I'll hang out at 2 until someone else takes you out.
  • The more the merrier! We have a mix of spenders and free to play. Most of us have spent something, though some have stopped now that they're leveled and have the characters they want. No whales, just dolphins.

While we'd love to be a top tier guild, I'm also realistic; as i know what that's going to take. I'm striving more for a laid back, active guild that can be competitive. I don't blame anyone for wanting to get into a top tier.

And yes, Greg is definitely going to become tougher with Rey!
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    Greg, your team is phenomenal right now. Toughest battle I've had in a long time. It makes me excited to finish off my Phasma. I'm close!