How do you change your in-game name?

I wrote in a ticket but no response for quite some time.
Does anyone know how to change you in-game player name?

Smiles n God bless ya for answering =)

Replies

• I think this is an issue that needs to be looked at.

The only time the game seems to allow you to change your name is when it prompts you at some point either during or after the tutorial (mind you this was in beta so I don't know if it's changed since then).

If you don't change your name at that point there doesn't seem to be any way to change it in the game later down the track which is very annoying, and also why there's so many Mol Eliza's in the game right now.

Hopefully they add the ability to name change to the settings UI in next update.
  • thanks for the response.

God bless~
  • live chat person of help.ea.com help the nickname changed.
  • They could offer a menu option in an update...
  • xsebx
    40 posts Member
    I'd really like to know how to get this done as well. I didn't realize that when it asked for my name that it would be displayed to the entire universe. It's kinda scary actually. Not so much if your name is John Smith or whatever, but if you have a unique name... I can see it now... you snipe the number one spot in the arena and some dude gets mad because he's dropped $3000 into the game and comes to your house.
  • I like my name though
  • Tobygun23
    22 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    They really need to do the name change thing because I, accidentally mispelled my name

I can't imagine it would be in a menu option for free. I feel like a name change pack or something will be introduced just like SWTOR.
  • bumping this. any answers yet?
  • Click on the player bar at the top of the main page.
    This works for some, and not for others
    http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • I like my name though
    Yeah, I bet you feel like a real big man throwing things like that around. ;)

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I clicked my XP bar, which took me to this page. That little pencil by my name let me change it.

O7Kyfdc.png
  • No pencil for me.
  • Try rebooting or updating. The Pencil is there. I am scared to change my name if its only a 1 time deal.

Can anyone confirm?
  • WWJDl
    67 posts Member
    Yes, I read somewhere it is a one time deal, and that further changes would be with gem charges.
  • Sub
    1 posts Member
    Pencil was there on mine so managed to edit name
  • Changed my name went back to check again and looks like there is a 200 crystal cost to change again. Don't know if this cost goes up anymore but the first change is free.
  • aldi8265
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Slushie wrote: »
    I think this is an issue that needs to be looked at.

The only time the game seems to allow you to change your name is when it prompts you at some point either during or after the tutorial (mind you this was in beta so I don't know if it's changed since then).

If you don't change your name at that point there doesn't seem to be any way to change it in the game later down the track which is very annoying, and also why there's so many Mol Eliza's in the game right now.

Hopefully they add the ability to name change to the settings UI in next update.

I am level 22 and i have not been able to give myself a name.
  • There's no pencil for all players. I got mine but on my son's tablet (android) there's no pencil. Are they gonna fix it?
  • Hi Palladin - it will be because your son's account is set as "under age".
    It looks like you can't change the name on kids' accounts.
    The first person to play my copy of SWGOH was my 9 year old son, who set the player birthday to 2007.
    My player name is now set to "Mol Eliza" and I cannot change it.
    In fact even EA support now cannot either change the name, or the player age.
    Looks like I'm going to be "Mol Eliza" forever unless I delete the account and start a new one from scratch :(