Do you finish GW everyday since the update?

Replies

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    @Nikoms565 but you also get 15 shards(gw shipments 1200/4, or some horrible exchange shard shop currency), credits, and a gold star for effort!
  • Yes
    6* L65 Ahsoka lead, 7* Lumi, 7* JC, 6* Talia and 6* Daka.

Sometimes have to throw in some lambs but usually finish it in about 9 weeks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    wisenuts wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 but you also get 15 shards(gw shipments 1200/4, or some horrible exchange shard shop currency), credits, and a gold star for effort!

Cool - since I already have all the toons I want from GW ships, that means I am only 80 days away from unlocking Greivous!!! And only 330 days from having him at 7 stars!! wOOt!!

Go me! :|

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No
    First round today I met a team of:

7* Chewy
    6* Fives
    6* Lumi
    6* IG 88
    7* Eeth

all purple gear so all had the full protections as well.....

Sigh......
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Yes
    First 3 battles - QGJ (L), Yoda, Leia, Rey, Lumi.
    Fourth battle and later, replace Leia with Barriss.

Most of the time that team gets me through. A couple of times this weekend, I had to swap in a whole different team: Dooku, RG, Rey, Ventris, Kylo/Sid/Daka for a battle or two.
  • No
    So it boils down to no problems for players who have been here a long time and have a very large roster of highly ranked/starred/geared toons...or whales who have bought the same.

for those on less than 3 months, who have a limited roster consisting of a certain character type (jedis from trying for Yoda) are up **** creek without a paddle.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Yes
    K1ngYoda wrote: »
    So it boils down to no problems for players who have been here a long time and have a very large roster of highly ranked/starred/geared toons...or whales who have bought the same.

for those on less than 3 months, who have a limited roster consisting of a certain character type (jedis from trying for Yoda) are up **** creek without a paddle.

That's partly down to all the Sids and their apparent 100% evade against Jedi, and Dooku, with his 100% evade against everything and 100% stun against Jedi.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Yes

As far as I recall at < 3 months play the GW problem was running into teams 10+ levels higher than anything you had, as more than one of those made it impossible (or near enough).
    So really nothing there has changed, long term players are, and always will be, better equipped to deal with anything the game throws at them than new players
  • No
    I totally get why people think it's the same or easier. You have more time after you kill a couple opposing toons to cooldown your healers' abilities. While before when it was 5 v 3 the battle was over fast.

But there are like 80 characters in this game. And if you don't have one of these 4, Barris, Daka, RG, or Han, Galaxy Wars is considerably harder and that's not cool.

The play-ablity of the game shouldn't change that much if you several of the other nearly 80 characters.

• McPot45
    133 posts Member
    Yes and No (finished some but some days I didn't)
    depends on if I have enough time to devote hours to it
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    Yes. Run mostly:
    QGJ(L) 6*
    Yoda 6*
    Luminara 7*
    JC 7*
    Sid/Vader/Chewie depending on necessity

Almost forgot the levels vary from 69-66, Sid 5*, Vader 4*, Chewie 7*

Arena I keep under 25k so I can clear make GW intentionally easier, i would rather have a ton of credits etc clearing all the time. I do not care for arena like most do.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Yes
    Yes. I have 19 7 star level 75 characters. I had to use every one of them plus my 15 other characters sitting between 40-73.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Yes
    I was worried about the difficulty but it hasn't panned out in practice. It still seems to be about the same difficulty as before. Not sure how much longer it now takes but I don't think it's that much. It usually doesn't take more than a round or so of extra attacks to go through most shields.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yes
    Yes, its more fun now, takes a little longer though.
    Squad power 29.397.
    Dooku lead, lumi, JC, sid, RP
    All 7*, (almost) full gear, level 74
    Kill sid first, use good healing strategy, use b or c team to first kill protection on very strong teams, use daka instead of RP when need for extra healing or against droids, GS for stun.
  • No
    I got to say I really hate the update. The shields thing really sucks IMO.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Yes and No (finished some but some days I didn't)
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Yes. I have 19 7 star level 75 characters. I had to use every one of them plus my 15 other characters sitting between 40-73.
    Where did you get the credits to lvl them up? Buy them?
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Yes
    @Gibsonlespaul58 "Kill sid first, use good healing strategy" This is also what I do.
  • Yes
    @MattDawg80 whats your arena power level?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes

Not exactly - I have been playing for almost 5 months. I have spent a little money ($15 back in January). I'd like to think I have solid roster - I have 26 toons who are gear 7 or higher (i.e. have protection) - with 17 of those at gear VIII and 2 at gear IX (so 19 with "good" protection)...and I have barely made it each day since the update. 18 heroes, 6* or 7* with "good" protection - and still struggling. Usually the last 2-3 battles are suicide squads to burn enemy buffs, followed by patchwork, damaged heroes with no protection (and very little synergy). Usually, my tanks (6* Han, 5* RG and 5* Chewie) are long gone by the last 3 nodes.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    wisenuts wrote: »

WHGi867.gif

Nice. :D

• Same as before, barriss lead, lumi, Ashoka, dooku and sid run through it until last two nodes. I usually auto the last node. With 3 healers it is a breeze
  • No
    I haven't been able to since level 60, and I'm now 73 now with six 7* toons. Since 60, the difficulty seemed to skyrocket and I can make it about halfway through.
  • Yes
    My highest arena power was 31965, just shy of 32k.

It's harder, but my roster is deep.
  • Yes
    I finish everyday its actually easier takes more time but easier you get more heals and abilities to pop off. I like the update just takes adjusting
  • Yes
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    no, but i never beat it every day prior either. i normally get to 10-11. i dont anally retreat every time, if i lose one toon i continue generally, my times too short to mess around.

ive played against my first yoda, and been getting lvl 71,72 teams, im 63 :/

my a team is lumi 6* sid 7* JC 5* IG86 5* and Geo 5*.

just unlocked both daka and st han today, odd timing, will be a pain to level them both but shoudl add nicely to my GW roster. and LS DS battles.

cheers

If you lose someone retreat and try the battle a different way you wont lose the heros that died if you retreat
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Yes
    Been easy lately, no retreats, almost never any substitutions. My arena power is 24,124. All characters are level 65, gear level 8. I use
    Barriss 5* leader
    QGJ 5*
    Lumi 7*
    Sid 7*
    Ahsoka 6*

Besides Sid's annoying dodges, haven't struggled, hardly have to heal at all with Barriss's leader ability and attack heals, and Ahsoka's attack heal. Lumi is just a backup.
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes
    level 54 main team 6* Ventress, 5* Lumi, 5* Phasma, 4* Fives, 4* Ahsoka all gear VII
    I use my lower powered toons for the first 4-5 nodes to preserve the Protection of my main team. I bring in the main team when the opponents get tougher.
    I have to retreat a few times if I loose a valuable member too soon, and try to change strategy.
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    Yes
    yes. Once I adjusted to it with my main GW team, it hasn't taken much more effort than it used to.

Prior to update, I was rocking QGJ (L) 6* ,Yoda 5*, Barris 5*, and Lumi 7* with a utility char thrown in based on matchups, was usually Nute @ 7*. This was usually enough to breeze right thru.

Post update, I now run Phasma (L), Barriss (same), Lumi, Lando 6*, and Kylo. In the last 2 or 3 battles I usually sub out Kylo and Barriss for ST Han 7* & RG 5*.

I haven't had to use a suicide squad since the update either, it was actually common to use one once in awhile pre-update.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Pretty much all except like five times