Star Wars death match: Kylo Ren vs Darth Sidious? Whose the better Villain?

2Next

Replies

• CaptSeaWalker
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I put Kylo's force abilities way above his light saber skills, but he did get outmatched by Rey when he tried to read her mind, but the force pause or freeze or whatever you wanna call it was pretty cool
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Remember Plagueis wasn't keen on the rule of 2 and maybe he didn't teach Kylo fully because his fear of being killed again. Remember Plaguesis was so powerful with illusions that Sidious even had a hard time telling the difference.
    @CaptSeaWalker

True!
  • CaptSeaWalker
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
  • This is a silly argument. Spock would own them all!
    Live long and prosper! :D
  • Why is this a debate? Lol a closer comparison might be kylo, and maul

yeah no, maul would have kicked kylo's ****. how weak do you guys think maul is?

So your saying it's not a closer comparison than sidous and kylo? Lol just saying it's closer.

Kylo and Asajj maybe?
    Why is this a debate? Lol a closer comparison might be kylo, and maul

yeah no, maul would have kicked kylo's ****. how weak do you guys think maul is?

So your saying it's not a closer comparison than sidous and kylo? Lol just saying it's closer.

Kylo and Asajj maybe?

I like that comparison
  • I think the comparison would be Kyle vs Anyone whose never used a lightsaber in their lifes... Oh wait...

He's fighting skills are unbelievably poor, so maybe do Kylo vs BB8 or C3PO. Not R2D2 cause I think even he would win.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    *spoiler warning* do we still need these?

To be fair, he did beat Fin even AFTER being shot by the bowcaster.Remember what that did to the stormtroopers?
  • *spoiler warning* do we still need these?

To be fair, he did beat Fin even AFTER being shot by the bowcaster.Remember what that did to the stormtroopers?

The stormtrooper should not have even be able to compete with him for a second. Any other jedi/sith would have cut fin in half within seconds even if they had lost an arm. Kylo is a joke. He's probably going to get far stronger in the new ones though, he's probably going to end up being one of the good guys, possibly dying in the next episode.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I dunno, the comparisson in the argument is a trained, accomplished, seasoned veteran sith lord (sidious) vs a brand new dark user thats has not even gotten the title of apprentice yet (kylo).

As i said, sidious is the obvious winner here BUT to fairly compare, you must see kylo after he reaches full potential and is also a seadoned veteran sith lord. Till then, all you can do is argue potential and kylo has the most potential of any force user to date imo, his knowledge of the force as just a dark user (not even an apprentice) seems to already be more advanced then maul/savage/aasaj/vader (all in their prime too)

You may not agree an thats fine but hes on pace yo be one of the strongest ever an given his lineage (anakin had highest midichlorian count to date at the time) he is an obvious pick to surpass sidious.

Time will tell
  • Abyss wrote: »
    kylo has the most potential of any force user to date imo, his knowledge of the force as just a dark user (not even an apprentice) seems to already be more advanced then maul/savage/aasaj/vader (all in their prime too)

Erm lol how do you figure that? Because he stopped a blaster bolt? That was force stasis, a light side move not dark. Likey he learned that from Luke, perhaps Luke taught all his padawans that as its a non lethal form of defence.

As mentioned Vader did something similar, except he didn't even need to freeze shots, he soaked them up, that's far more impressive imo.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    *Spoilers again*

I read a section of the book and apparently the only reason Rey didn't kill Kylo is because Snoke was reaching out to her through the force, telling her to kill him. Also, the screenplay says that Kylo was weakened after killing Han. Maybe cutting off his connection to the light side of the Force.

So right now they are on a pretty even playing field imo. I like Rey better as a character though.