Farm Savage

Prev1
The end.
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    No he sucks
  • If game stays in its current state he's way more viable than he used to be.
  • No, he's awesome.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Useful in Arena or just GW?
  • Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Useful in Arena or just GW?

Both
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Dont use him vs QGJ
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I happily fight teams with him, never touch him until last or if Q is ready to dispell hit him hard first then take it away and get offense up for all
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    It sucks when QGJ hits him though.
  • Need the right team in Arena but in GW he's a beast
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    If game stays in its current state he's way more viable than he used to be.

This is a fallacy. The game will not stay in it's current condition ( for very long at least).

So only invest in savage if you believe you'll have him long enough to use him before he's relegated.

Best

Qleak
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    I have him at 5 1/2 stars. I switched over to Eoth though. But, I might go back since Yoda is apparently useless now.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I keep thinking he'll be good. I got six star l65 gear VIII now l6 abilities and I just don't see it. He's certainly not good enough to get my last droid caller and the 1.5 million credits he needs.

So far ive been quite disappointed. My theory was you could make a draw team out of Dooku, RG, Savage, Barris, fives. So it's a long term project now as my early results haven't been that positive.

• Kiroz
    10 posts Member
    When people say don't use him against QGJ they aren't really making a statement against just savage but against ANY character that can provide a buff. So because of QGJ we shouldn't be using Lumi's heal? Or Ren's retribution or even dooku as lead with his offense up? Any buff/support character provides QGJ a chance to steal.

Savage has an absolutely massive HP and Protection pool. Add his insane execute, chance at Offense down for 2 turns, Critical chance up for 3, and a chance at turn meter whenever he gets hit. Ignoring these just because QGJ can steal his buff is silly. Let's stop using Luminara at all. Or Dooku, Phasma, Geo, or any number of other Characters.
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    I own a 7* max geared Savage, and I love him. He's a tank with attacker power, who gains offense, defense and speed if you hit him. What's not to love?

OP is correct that Savage is a beast in GW, because GW is crawling with Sids and Dookus and it is against those toons that Savage really shines. AoE attackers just make him hulk out, and Dooku's design of many small attacks ends up pushing Savages TM forward, turning him from a slow toon to a fast one. If Dooku is on the field, Savage goes after him every time. And every time that Savage delivers his (literally) can't miss coup d'grace, I hear Trinity in my head saying, "Dodge this!" In a world filled with Dooku led teams, I'd be lost without my Sweet Savage.

He pairs well with my Barriss led squad, because his huge health pool and defense up when hit means Barriss can draw down his health without me worrying that he'll die. If you pair him with a taunter, you make countering the taunter with an AoE squad an unpalatable option.

I can't deny that, when I encounter Savage, myself, he doesn't concern me, but then again, I don't run a Dooku and I don't run any AoE toons. So, like has been said, I just leave him 'til last. He's relatively harmless if you don't provoke him.
  • It's the offense up that really shines in the new meta. Level 73 gear 8 he can dish out over 5k damage which is pretty great. On par with Ventress and her offense up but she can't take even half the damage he can. Farming him to go alongside NS team, or at least thinking about it.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    He may be alright in GW, but when I fight him in the arena I don't give him a second thought unless someone is heavily damaged. I assembled my arena team of those I hate to face- dooku, sid, daka, qgj, and then lumi for heals. Barely ever suffer a death. Stuns and speed beat tankiness (is that even a word?)
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Hes ok but I still dont use him in my current arena group. He has recieved alot of buffs lately and he can hold his own in meta groups.
  • Ill farm my ewoks tyvm
  • Magisto wrote: »
    I have him at 5 1/2 stars. I switched over to Eoth though. But, I might go back since Yoda is apparently useless now.

Not to argue, but I don't get the "Yoda is useless" argument. I find with longer matches, it means I get to use more of his (my team's) skills. I find having more creativity allows for a better use of him. I think it fits his character too.

As for Savage...like many others, I find QGJ and patience a good foil for him...so far, not much to worry about post-update even.

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    He's just too easy to ignore. Not a real threat in the slightest
  • Savage is a beast. Of course you save him for last though because he is so hard to kill. That doesn't mean he sucks.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    With gold omegas we can raise his basic attack damage by a whopping 30%
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Lol @ Yoda is useless and savage sucks because QGJ. Both are on my top rated arena team. Guess who else savage can counter at the end of matches? Fives. He IS the one toon that can destroy you 1 vs. 2-3 at the end of a match. However, savage hits him with offense down, he becomes much more manageable. I had savage and almost dead GS vs full health/protection 5s and full health Leia. It was savage that was the last man standing.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Maybe someday there will be a Sith Challenge. At the moment it would be tough due to the farming of Maul and Vader though.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    He has never been a threat in the slightest, it's like fighting 4-5 on one at the end after he's been ignored all match, he's got a huge HP? Wow impressive thanks for letting me refresh my cool downs.
  • I have a 7 star savage at level 74. All abilities maxed until I get the omega crystals and level 76. He is a bad **** character. He was my first 7 star character. He is the only attacker that feels like a tank out there. He dominates dooku all day. This is why I use him. Qgj does hurt him with the debuff. Yet he is still viable if you have a ton of gear. Which my gear is maxed until the next update. Savage is a must have, without him I would be nothing. Plus he is darth maul without the complete squishiness. How can you go wrong with a stronger version of darth maul. To me he is the coolest toon in the game. Plus he isn't a complete old **** like dooku
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Kiroz wrote: »
    When people say don't use him against QGJ they aren't really making a statement against just savage but against ANY character that can provide a buff. So because of QGJ we shouldn't be using Lumi's heal? Or Ren's retribution or even dooku as lead with his offense up? Any buff/support character provides QGJ a chance to steal.

The thing is, if someone sees an arena team with Savage they can use QGJ lead, hit Savage right away with humbling blow, and immediately give his entire team offense up right off the bat.

That's a pretty big head start for the QGJ team. One reason why you rarely see SO in the arena anymore. Too many people know about this exploit.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I have both maul and savage maxed out. Savage Is only like maul in lightsabers and horns. Otherwise the are the opposite game play wise. Maul has the lowest health in the game and does above average damage (amazing damage against Jedi) and has the best aoe in the game. He needs about 2-3k more health. Savage can almost put out the same single target damage as maul unless we are talking about Jedi.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I have phasma as lead and ranked 63rd in the arena. I never take savage off my team at all. I refuse to use the same crap team of sid,qgj,and lumi,dooku. I refuse to use any of those characters. I'm not a little girl. I choose to be different. I don't like fighting myself all the time. If I can take lumi out first I beat most meta teams.
  • Savage attacks first and takes her protection away immediately