Always been a scoundrel anyway

Dustynutz95
108 posts Member
edited April 2016
So I've been seeing essentially the same 3 teams in the top 100 of my arena: Droid teams, dooku led teams, and QGJ led Jedi.
Would like to try something different
I've been running:

QGJ (L)
Greedo
Phasma
Lumi
JC

I'm usually in the top 100 and have been running it for a while but here's my idea:

Lando (L)
Boba (L)?
Greedo
Phasma
Lumi or RG

I've been testing it in galactic war and cantina and it has done well but lando and boba aren't geared enough to throw in the arena just yet and Im curious if they'd be viable in PVP before I start hard core farming them. Also I know a lot of people don't like greedo but I've found him to be pretty deadly, he hits hard and when he gets his bonus attack, which he does often, it's devastating. And with phasma advantage ability paired with those hard hitting scoundrels and the Aoe's of lando and boba I think it could be a cool squad for the arena.
Been going back and forth as to whether I'd like lando for leader because of the speed boost to scoundrels and the 25% crit dmg or making boba lead for the 50% crit damage.
I know I would miss QGJ but I've been running him as lead for so long it's starting to get old. So let's hear some opinions
Post edited by Dustynutz95 on

Replies

• 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Too slow. You'll end up frustrated and throw your phone.
  • If you are going to use phasma, why not use boba as leader? It will make your crits hit so much harder. Although it is very possible that lando would be killed to fast for it to matter
  • Miyugai wrote: »
    If you are going to use phasma, why not use boba as leader? It will make your crits hit so much harder. Although it is very possible that lando would be killed to fast for it to matter

That's the big question right now, the crits would be devastating if they were actually able to go off. With lando lead Atleast there would be a chance of the scoundrels doing some damage before one dies. Im considering removing boba altogether for a real tank but I'm too in love with the thought of a scoundrel squad >.<
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Miyugai wrote: »
    If you are going to use phasma, why not use boba as leader? It will make your crits hit so much harder. Although it is very possible that lando would be killed to fast for it to matter

That's the big question right now, the crits would be devastating if they were actually able to go off. With lando lead Atleast there would be a chance of the scoundrels doing some damage before one dies. Im considering removing boba altogether for a real tank but I'm too in love with the thought of a scoundrel squad >.<

Chewie is a scoundrel.
    Put greedo at lead. Get phasma for advantage and she is faster than all scoundrels. So you will have crits first round for all of them, greedo gives 20% TM for each crit and the crit damage.. So an aoe after phasma returns you with 100% TM. Only keep bobba if you need that ability block
  • Dustynutz95
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Jetlife wrote: »

Chewie is a scoundrel.
    Put greedo at lead. Get phasma for advantage and she is faster than all scoundrels. So you will have crits first round for all of them, greedo gives 20% TM for each crit and the crit damage.. So an aoe after phasma returns you with 100% TM. Only keep bobba if you need that ability block

that's another very good option. Lots of possibilities with a scoundrel squad and I haven't been able to find any threads of people who've tried them. I guess I'll just have to take one for the team and experiment myself lol
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I wonder why STH isn't a scoundrel...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Greedo won't get turn meter on crit until lvl 82 for his leader ability (if the skill remains unchanged from what info we had)
  • evanbio wrote: »
    I wonder why STH isn't a scoundrel...

I was wondering that too, they made lando a scoundrel and a rebel, Han should be the same
  • I would imagine scoundrel Solo will eventually be released in his more traditional costume that we all know and love. . . Right after the give us Jedi Master Skywalker!! (Please)
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    Greedo won't get turn meter on crit until lvl 82 for his leader ability (if the skill remains unchanged from what info we had)
    Chewie is a scoundrel.

And it won't be 20% TM for each crit - just 20% for his own crit...
  • cby wrote: »

I haven't leveled his leader ability enough to know just yet but that seems kinda silly to not apply atleast to other scoundrels
  • cby wrote: »
    Chewie is a scoundrel.

@cby Why would it be in his leader ability if it only applied to Greedo...?
  • Dustynutz95
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
  • Dustynutz95
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    UPDATE

I've leveled lando up to gear 8 lvl 73 and added him to my squad.

QGJ (L)
    Greedo
    Lando
    Phasma
    Lumi

This team has been a beast in the arena on offense. Has taken me from 100+ Into the top 50. On a server with a lot of P2P while I'm just a F2P

QGJ leader ability so I get the first attack, my heals come faster, and the offense up on the buff remover. Pair that buff with phasma's advantage and I've seen greedo hit for 12k. Then Lando does a huge aoe, which immediately refreshes and does double damage next turn, usually with the offense up still on. Absolutely decimates the enemy team.

Only thing I'm wondering now is if I should sub a tank for lumi or not. If I do that I feel as tho I should take QGJ out of lead and sub Lando, so possibly scoundrel tank? Chewie? Possible scoundrel Han in the future?

Post edited by Dustynutz95 on
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Phas (L), StHan, RG, works every time Lando and believe it, or not, 5's. Tm/protect/advantage gives Lando PLENTY of time for a couple of opponent corpses, before it's 3 or less on 5's. At lvl 76 omega 8? 5's cannot lose.
  • 9r33d0 wrote: »
    Phas (L), StHan, RG, works every time Lando and believe it, or not, 5's. Tm/protect/advantage gives Lando PLENTY of time for a couple of opponent corpses, before it's 3 or less on 5's. At lvl 76 omega 8? 5's cannot lose.

Tbh bro I'm not really interested in making a meta team, I've been boycotting the op toons like RG, 5's and dooku. just want to make a cool team that not a lot of people have. Really wish Han was a scoundrel but as is, I might start lvling chewie or boba again.
    Anybody have a geared and lvled chewie that can give me some info?
  • Dustynutz95
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Could you provide a link as to how you know that leader ability won't be available until 82? If it was 80 I'd be fine with it, because now I'm thinking

Greedo (L)
    Lando
    Phasma/Boba
    St Han
    Chewie/ QGJ

The turn meter advantage would be unreal

Imagine Lando with advantage, crits all five of the enemy, 100% turn meter with an immediate refreshed aoe with double damage then dropping it on them again... Plus the 45% crits damage from greedo lead as well lol I'm too excited about this idea
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    9r33d0 wrote: »

THIS! Except I use QGJ instead of Five's. I like to have the taunt busting ability available. Took #1 with it yesterday...
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Nice!