I Miss the Whale Days

Anyone else miss the true whale days, when only the top-top spenders had QGJ, Leia, FOTP, and Old Ben, and they would utterly destroy you on both offense and defense?

And then when you did get a win over them, or managed to snipe them in arena, you actually felt a sense of accomplishment.

Nowadays on mature leaderboards, it's just a combination of who is better at sniping, and who has "guildmates" who can help lock out other players from sniping.

So I say, bring back the whale imbalances! Release some ridiculous Chromium-only toons! Sell Omega ability materials for a ton of money!

Replies

• I think the latest patch has placed whales in the category of endangered species. ;)
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    I liked those days. I managed to make into top 10 against them!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I think the latest patch has placed whales in the category of endangered species. ;)

Tell that to this guy (the guy in first): Leia and Rex. This is a very tough team to beat at the moment.

AF4F7F7C-EE78-4F2D-B079-AF2B80EC0785_zpsywdgsubr.png

ETA: Nevermind, I just beat it with QGJ, Yoda, GS, Savage and RG.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I think the latest patch has placed whales in the category of endangered species. ;)

Tell that to this guy (the guy in first): Leia and Rex. This is a very tough team to beat at the moment.

:smiley: That is quite a whale, but the main advantage comes from the level difference, which gives a damage/potency/tenacity difference, and which is temporary. Once you are all level 80, his advantage will be much smaller or 0.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Definitely wouldn't want to have him in my server.
    I think it's safe to call this thing a Kraken though, he's above any patch because he must have all toons at 7 stars and max gear or something.
    Whatever happens nerf of buff, he can just switch any other toon that will become next meta without blinking.
    Speaking as an ex-whale, I didn't have THAT much flexibility and/or options.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Yeah, that guy has an answer for every comp. As my edit states, I beat him with a level 75 team. He also has a 7* grievous that he uses from time to time.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Yeah gotta agree OP things were good once, before the dark times, before the update.
  • I also believe even as a shrimp myself, that the whales,krakens and leviathans need a advantage, it would only be fair not too much but now they have almost nothing. Since i started in december ive been too5(mostly 1st) in my payout but back in the days it did feel much better to bring whales down with ur toons now i cant find myself to lose a battle bc of protection, even turtle teams go down. Havent seen a combination of rg,ee,daka,5s(insert toon here) yet, as i think that would be a nightmare.