Rarity vs Usefullness

Like many others, I'm always curious to know where I should spend my resources with regards to level characters and/or increasing their abilities or stats. I've got a pretty good initial collection of characters now for a level 34 player, 19 characters in total, ranking from a few 4* to a selection of 3* and the usual 1* and 2* characters that I've not paid much attention to yet.

In trying to work out which characters to focus on, I wondered if there was any relationship between rarity and potential usefulness in-game.

Currently my top 8 rarity characters are:

Mace Windu 4*
Jedi Consular 4*
HK-47 4*
Barriss Offee 4*
Talia 3*
Jedi Knight Guardian 3*
Jawa 3*
IG-88 3*

I know I need a mixed set of characters for light side, dark side, PvP, etc. but in general I would need at least 10 good characters to cover both light and dark side, and hopefully 5 of these 10 could be used for PvP.

So should I start advancing my rarest and work in that order, or would you recommend not looking at rarity as any measure of usefulness in the game?

Thanks in advance.
646-362-629 : add me if you have heroes with leader abilities.

Replies

• *bump*
    646-362-629 : add me if you have heroes with leader abilities.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    One of the more messed up aspects of this game is that rarer characters are harder to level up, so over time the more common ones become more powerful even if they are worse at the same star level. Mace Windu for example, is great, but you only get 3 chances per day to get a shard for him. In contrast, Jedi Consular is easy to level up.

This needs to be fixed, but for now is important to take into account.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
    • Mace windu is bad at the moment, they will fix him, someday.
    • Jedi consular has 9 fights per day to farm him, he's a decent character to have, gd heals/dmg/hp/spd
    • HK-47 can only be upgraded by arena shipments, if you have nthn better to invest on, get him.
    • IG-88 same as HK-47, but overall a better hero compared to HK-47. The glass cannon in SWGOH.
    • Barriss Offee hass 6 fights per day to farm her, best healer right now, super tanky, can't do any dmg.
    • Talia, easy to farm, but not that great of a character
    • Jawa, easy to farm, but not that great of a character
    • Jedi knight guardian, meh...

Therefore...
    1. Energy priority: Barriss > Jedi Consular > Windu > Talia > Jawa
    2. Arena Shipment priority: Any other character you want > IG-88 > HK-47
    3. Cantina priority: ???
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Bear in mind you need to be high level to farm Barriss. Her missions are level 5.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.