Who else is running without healers in PvP?

Prev1
I've been running free for awhile now in PvP without healers. I'm one of the top players on my server. There are a handful of us that are kind of maxed out trading places at the top. However, everyone else runs at least one healer. In fact, I don't recall a single battle where an opposing squad didn't have at least one. I'm wondering, why is everyone so reliant on them?

Replies

• Options
    Cuz they heal
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    What's your team and their levels?
  • Options
    Carry over from other games.
  • Options
    Level 60, all geared to max, Sid, 6 stars, Phasma, Fives and Kylo, 5 stars, Vader, 4 stars. Using Phasma as the leader.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running free for awhile now in PvP without healers. I'm one of the top players on my server. There are a handful of us that are kind of maxed out trading places at the top. However, everyone else runs at least one healer. In fact, I don't recall a single battle where an opposing squad didn't have at least one. I'm wondering, why is everyone so reliant on them?

These teams are the easiest for me to pick off and beat.
  • Options
    my guess: because most folks don't have enough high speed dps to rely on speed/counter/multi attacks early in the round. most folks have strong healers for other uses, because it's sort of necessary to get a couple to pass through the harder nodes on light and dark side.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I use Luminara because she does great damage. Her healing is just icing
  • Options

She is also easy to kill, as is Old Daka. A souped up JK is a bit tougher, but not a big deal. The only true tankish healer is Bariss and her offense is non-existent.

What I really love is teams that run 3 and even 4 healers. I can usually take out 2 of them before they have a chance to play.
  • Options
    3+ Healer teams are pretty atrocious. The easy reason people use healers is that they are forgiving if you mess up or somebody key on your team gets focused down. That said, I absolutely don't think they're mandatory. I'm using Ewok Elder because he's boss and removes debuffs as well as that sexy res, but it's kinda a niche pick for my team and I often swap him out for another dps.
  • Options
    I use that team and it has no real difficulties to climb up first everyday , been first for a week now.8jwJEOE.jpg?1
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    if you have outstanding damage dealers you can afford a team without a healer. For the rest of the people I recommend just lumi, well upgraded with that heal that lasts 2 rounds is a great toon, then try combine a good leader ability and some DD's
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    On defense teams without healers are just far better. It's just way too easy to manipulate your opponents healers, I'd rather see a Luminara/Consular team than a Tie Pilot/Leia.
    Post edited by revengeoftheewok on
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Top 3 teams in my server are Tie Pilot/Leia. But yeah, f2p players go with lumi/JC
  • Options
    This is an interesting thread as I am experimenting with an all attack team or 4 attack / 1 tank (Han or Poe) I'm just working out my style there. Have to figure out if I like faster / more numerous hits or really hard hits from heroes like TP and leia. (Not that I have either starred up)
  • Cider
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Healer for defense are indeed better , but since you can't really set up your own defense team, quite hard to do so. Would reconsider having a heal in my team if it'd buff sith/first order. Barris is good , but hits like a noodle and Lumi can be unuseable if stun for one turn, then she dies cause the AI focuses it, the good thing about having no healers, is that they attack every single char, even Kylo while having retribution
  • Options
    I don't use healers either and as well always top 20 or top 5 on my server, here's my build, all purple gear and level 60, Sid (Lead) 7*, Kylo 6*, vader 4* (almost 5* already...I get his frags alot in GW) obi wan 4*, and dooku 4*
  • Options
    rotam wrote: »
    Top 3 teams in my server are Tie Pilot/Leia. But yeah, f2p players go with lumi/JC

Yes, there are 2 teams on my server that run FOTP/Leia both 7 stars, full gears, etc. They are my toughest out currently. One guy also has a souped up Daka with them and I swear, she revives FOTP every time! FOTP is more cannon and less glass at that level.
  • Options
    Well, seeing as fotp is one of I think 4 characters that can go to gear 8, yeah he has a massive artificial advantage right now.
  • Options
    People who cant afford or never will be into top 10.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. I run 3 healers and I am always in the top 5 on my server. Usually, I do not have too big of an issue with TP, or Leia. They were challenging before I got starred up, but I can take TP out in 1-2 rounds. By the 3rd round usually Leia is uncloaked and an easy kill. At that point I am healed and just mop up the remaining 3. Really, it is just preference and how the AI handles your team. Anyone can get to the number 1 slot.
  • Options

She is also easy to kill, as is Old Daka.

That's fine

But that's two threats you need to take out ASAP. There's three other possible threats you need to take out, too. JC offers zero threat to a good high level team. It's not all about how long a character can survive. It's all about how much threat they pose to a team
  • Options
    yup ive been using non healer team for awhile as well.. Phasma(6 star), Sid ( 6 star). Fives, FO Storm Trooper and Chewie. Cant get as high as you in the rankings though. 150 best so far. I want to swap out Chewie when i can and maybe 5's as his dmg isn't as good.
    Nice to see someone else rocking with a non-healer team!
  • Options
    yup ive been using non healer team for awhile as well.. Phasma(6 star), Sid ( 6 star). Fives, FO Storm Trooper and Chewie. Cant get as high as you in the rankings though. 150 best so far. I want to swap out Chewie when i can and maybe 5's as his dmg isn't as good.
    Nice to see someone else rocking with a non-healer team!

No, keep Fives and soup him up! I have him at 6 stars now, full gear level 60 and level 5 with ability mats. He does decent damage, counters 75% of the time, takes a beating, and his speed reduction on enemies is underated. Under Phasma as lead, with the multi attacks and speed reductions, you can really slow an opposing attack to a crawl.
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean when you say that people are reliant on them. It's just another option. No different than being 'reliant' on an AoE, a glass cannon, etc.

I've never run arena with any healer other than Lumi (well JC before she relaxed him). I'm able to get first and don't have a problem getting too 10 nightly. Lumi is as much a dps machine as a healer though but when the other team gets lucky and pops a dooku then Daka stun followed by a nice Sid Aoe it's nice to use lumis heal to 'reset' the match.
  • lamo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Cider wrote: »
    I use that team and it has no real difficulties to climb up first everyday , been first for a week now.8jwJEOE.jpg?1

why you not upgrading their abilities? :O
  • Options

So in French, it's Dark Maul, neat!
  • Cider
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lamo wrote: »

why you not upgrading their abilities? :O

Because I can upgrade one but i don't know which one :smiley:
  • Options
    I use 3 healers. 2 attackers. Top 1-10 every day
  • Options
    Cuz they heal

Pretty much.
    You'll lose alot of battles you probably would have won by not using a healer.

If the enemy can outlast you, then that's a loss all day long.

If they can survive your initial assault they should be good. 2 healers will give you hell.

[SøtFØ] Leader
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Well, seeing as fotp is one of I think 4 characters that can go to gear 8, yeah he has a massive artificial advantage right now.

FOTP has no advantage just because of its hear level. With a health bar that can easily be OHKO. TP (even though he has great damage is extremely useless if not using tanks with him. My team dispatches of FOTP before he ever moves. I'm no dummy though. FOTP is a monster if left unchecked.
    [SøtFØ] Leader