We need a heroic GW for people who know how to play.

Prev1
I have never had as much fun with GW than after the update. My old team was all 7* Barriss, Daka, Lumi, Rey, and QGJ. It was mind-numbing to auto through every node and I would finish in 15 minutes or less. GW is finally moderately challenging. Today, I used around 10-15 characters as I subbed them in and out of the normal 5 I ran all the way through before.

If you're going to "fix" the GW, please give us an option to make it difficult. Give us a heroic mode for GW that we can complete at level 80 with our top squads. I don't want GW to get any easier than it is currently, because I finally enjoy doing it.

I understand people need GW for their daily credits, so the planned nerf to GW can be theirs.

Replies

• Would be nice to have a hard mode to mess around in. Even if no rewards.
  • Oobydoob wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a hard mode to mess around in. Even if no rewards.

I agree. I don't think raids will bring the right kind of challenge because they will be against NPC style opponents. I enjoy the GW format, and I think a heroic version would bring complexity and challenge to the game that a lot of us top players are lacking.
  • I'm loving the new GW. I feel more involved and get to even pull squads from my B and C teams to sub in and get some action. Hell I just brought in my 5 star maul for the 2nd to last match due to it being 3 jedi.. and he pulled his own.

A heroic mode or some mode where you can keep going past 12 nodes but after node 12 it starts to be all perfect teams would be fun.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    +1 but subbing for the inevitable flames to come.
  • I finally managed to put together a viable team for GW a couple days before the balance update. So, I was pretty scared once I saw what the update did (mainly protection) but my team still wins most of the time (only lost once since the update).

Makes me wonder if the matchmaking changed or what...
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I am loving the new GW as well, but I am smart enough to know that it's because I have enough high level and gear toons (only 3 7 stars) to field multiple effective squads. I'd been reflexively bashing anyone who complains about the new difficulty, but I have to remember the time when I was level 60-68 and could barely make it through until I leveled up more.

But, I will still disagree with anyone who says it needs to be changed back. Having played the last few days, I am realizing that my old runs were not much more exciting than simming or using auto.
  • I could get behind this most definitely. Good call op
  • I am loving the new GW as well, but I am smart enough to know that it's because I have enough high level and gear toons (only 3 7 stars) to field multiple effective squads. I'd been reflexively bashing anyone who complains about the new difficulty, but I have to remember the time when I was level 60-68 and could barely make it through until I leveled up more.

But, I will still disagree with anyone who says it needs to be changed back. Having played the last few days, I am realizing that my old runs were not much more exciting than simming or using auto.

This is why I was careful to suggest a heroic mode instead of modifying GW to force everyone into one format. There is a very large range of collections throughout the player base, and it makes sense to keep things competitive for everyone without nerfing the rewards that the newer players rely on.

I'm going to tag @EA_Jesse to humbly ask that this idea gets passed on to the dev team. There is an upcoming heroic raid mode, and a heroic GW should be well received and something to strive towards.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    I have never had as much fun with GW than after the update. My old team was all 7* Barriss, Daka, Lumi, Rey, and QGJ. It was mind-numbing to auto through every node and I would finish in 15 minutes or less. GW is finally moderately challenging. Today, I used around 10-15 characters as I subbed them in and out of the normal 5 I ran all the way through before.

If you're going to "fix" the GW, please give us an option to make it difficult. Give us a heroic mode for GW that we can complete at level 80 with our top squads. I don't want GW to get any easier than it is currently, because I finally enjoy doing it.

I understand people need GW for their daily credits, so the planned nerf to GW can be theirs.

Initially I didn't care for the change in difficulty/time needed to finish GW. It had become little more interesting than any gear challange but that was about it. I changed the way I played today and enjoyed the challange more than ever. Completing it should be a challange, having figured it out before I resisted changing the way I play; I had forgotten the accomplishment of completing something challenging in this game.
  • Great idea OP. Heroic GW - I could get onboard with that. Maybe something to have a crack at once a week when you've got some extra time, definitely not something I could get to everyday!
  • Macjackyl
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I still use the same team pretty and post update. Since the update, I've lost a single character towards the last node.
    Having a heroic mode of GW, would bring a welcomed challenge. Currently, the update has really only prolonged the battles for me. Maybe, I'm a bit selfish in saying so. I do wish it to be a bit more difficult. I would enjoy a good challenge, not a prolonged battle.

The idea of a heroic GW, would be great for those who don't wish to join a guild
  • Kopfschuss wrote: »

I'm just curious... At what point in your GW run do you start encountering top end Arena type teams? I'm talking about 70+ fully starred and well geared?

• Blev08
    141 posts Member
    That sounds...annoying. I'd like some new content, not sure if I'd like it like that. Something like the Omega Missions could be interesting, where you have to build your best 3 Man team (or have it require 1 tank, 1 attacker, and 1 support).
  • MrClean621 wrote: »

I'm just curious... At what point in your GW run do you start encountering top end Arena type teams? I'm talking about 70+ fully starred and well geared?

My arena squad level is something around 3200 and the first "challenge" comes around the 3rd or 4th node. My protection is usually gone around that time.
  • Blev08 wrote: »
    That sounds...annoying. I'd like some new content, not sure if I'd like it like that. Something like the Omega Missions could be interesting, where you have to build your best 3 Man team (or have it require 1 tank, 1 attacker, and 1 support).

I appreciate your honesty, and I think a hardcore/heroic mode wouldn't be for everyone. They could make it really hard and have it be a serious accomplishment that only gets conquered by a few people every week or so.
  • I think you should change the title of your thread to "We need an heroic GW for people who have more time to play than the average player".

It is immensely insulting and inaccurate to characterize everyone who disagrees with your play needs as people who don't know how to play the game.

I assure you, you aren't that special. And this game isn't that hard.
  • OrionPeace wrote: »
    I think you should change the title of your thread to "We need an heroic GW for people who have more time to play than the average player".

It is immensely insulting and inaccurate to characterize everyone who disagrees with your play needs as people who don't know how to play the game.

I assure you, you aren't that special. And this game isn't that hard.

Welcome to the forums. I would argue that your suggestion would be displeasing to a larger majority so I will keep it how it is. Your response "And this game isn't that hard" completely supports my idea, so I am a bit confused. I appreciate your feedback 10/10
    I'm lvl 74 (with one lvl 73 who won't be for long after midnight tonight) gear 8, 7* (with one 6*), and I usually start seeing lvl 70+ toons on about the 4th or 5th battle. Might get a team lower than that (no lower than 65) on a battle or two after that, but it's pretty constant 73s and 74s as I get into my last 4 or 5 battles, often (oddly enough) with a drop to a 71/72 team for the last battle. Not always on the last bit though. Saw my first 75 (a Yoda) in a team of 73s and 74s today, and it was in the last battle.

The main problems I have are matchup related though. I may go through a couple of sacrifice teams taking down a Dooku/5s/Daka/QGJ/GS/Sid/some combination thereof team who are all ~lvl 70, and be in a less-than-ideal position for the next fight, yet I can usually waltz right through a QGJ/Yoda/Barris/Lumi/Poggle team at lvl 74 and come out with full health or close to it and no healing on cooldowns.
    I'm lvl 74 (with one lvl 73 who won't be for long after midnight tonight) gear 8, 7* (with one 6*), and I usually start seeing lvl 70+ toons on about the 4th or 5th battle. Might get a team lower than that (no lower than 65) on a battle or two after that, but it's pretty constant 73s and 74s as I get into my last 4 or 5 battles, often (oddly enough) with a drop to a 71/72 team for the last battle. Not always on the last bit though. Saw my first 75 (a Yoda) in a team of 73s and 74s today, and it was in the last battle.

The main problems I have are matchup related though. I may go through a couple of sacrifice teams taking down a Dooku/5s/Daka/QGJ/GS/Sid/some combination thereof team who are all ~lvl 70, and be in a less-than-ideal position for the next fight, yet I can usually waltz right through a QGJ/Yoda/Barris/Lumi/Poggle team at lvl 74 and come out with full health or close to it and no healing on cooldowns.

I think many people who are struggling with GW don't refresh their cool downs with basic attacks towards the end. They may save the wrong character at the end to help with this.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Easy mode gets half the reward

Heroic gets full reward

I like it
  • They screwed GW up. I have a level 74 team with 8 and 9 armor rating and I'm being killed off with a lvl 70 team. Don't give me this "know how to play" **** it's a click game. You upgrade your level and gear and click stuff. There is no real science behind it. They f'd up GW and this stupid protection thing... And now damage reduction... It's getting a little too stupid.
  • Stop with the filter thing.
    If you write *'d up it's the same as if you just use the word.
    Please don't do this.
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    +1
    I'm all for an option to add more difficulty for increased reward, maybe rewarding an omega mat at the end? As long as they don't change or get rid of the normal GW that's in place. I am really enjoying the changes they've made to GW and protection balancing up to now. I can see why having a harder option available at some point makes sense with our toons getting stronger than they are now headin towards 80.
  • I love this idea. The problem will be the whiners, the folks with the attitude: "don't tell me I don't know how to play, I pay and push auto like everyone else". They want to believe that all aspects of this game should be available and easy, with no challenge and requiring no thought.

Every time this game gets more difficult, they cry. Every time their favorite toon gets tweaked in a rebalance, they complain. Every time something gets implemented where that can't Sim or Auto their way through, they claim the game is broken or ruined. This group won't love your idea.... and they'll whine until EA/CG puts the training wheels on this wonderful idea to placate a bunch of crybabies.
  • I love this idea. The problem will be the whiners, the folks with the attitude: "don't tell me I don't know how to play, I pay and push auto like everyone else". They want to believe that all aspects of this game should be available and easy, with no challenge and requiring no thought.

Every time this game gets more difficult, they cry. Every time their favorite toon gets tweaked in a rebalance, they complain. Every time something gets implemented where that can't Sim or Auto their way through, they claim the game is broken or ruined. This group won't love your idea.... and they'll whine until EA/CG puts the training wheels on this wonderful idea to placate a bunch of crybabies.

I really think this idea triggered when I saw a timed heroic tier for the upcoming raids. They claimed that only a top coordinated guild will be able to finish this, but I thought a challenge on a personal level would be well received. They need to call it "hardcore" or "heroic" to be able to threaten the difficulty that it would entail.
  • Kopfschuss wrote: »

The good news is that you can make it difficult yourself: don't use more than 1 healer, don't use the ur 7* gear 9 characters.

I bet you spent lot of time in level 70 so in your level 70 GW you only fought level 70 teams and got time to gather a big and deep rooster of characters. Well, the noobs like me didn't have that luxury. I started facing level 72 when I was still on the level 60's.

The update didn't turn GW more challenging, b cause I still can defeat it (pre update couldn't finish everyday), the update turned GW tedious and far time consuming ( in my experience and opinion, I know everyone has their own) it's a mobile game, and mobile games are supposed to keep you entertained in those small breaks of time that you can allow in your life with responsibilities and priorities.

The title of your topic is insulting to all those that "know how to play the game" but don't have time anymore because of the longer GW because enemies starts with full protection and you don't.

Having said all that, I agree with you that another GW will keep everyone happy. Cheers.
  • Rugerman wrote: »
    They screwed GW up. I have a level 74 team with 8 and 9 armor rating and I'm being killed off with a lvl 70 team. Don't give me this "know how to play" **** it's a click game. You upgrade your level and gear and click stuff. There is no real science behind it. They f'd up GW and this stupid protection thing... And now damage reduction... It's getting a little too stupid.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but you sound frustrated. If you posted a picture of your squad and some of your reserves in your own post, I'm sure people would be willing to offer helpful tips.
  • DieInFire wrote: »

The good news is that you can make it difficult yourself: don't use more than 1 healer, don't use the ur 7* gear 9 characters.

I bet you spent lot of time in level 70 so in your level 70 GW you only fought level 70 teams and got time to gather a big and deep rooster of characters. Well, the noobs like me didn't have that luxury. I started facing level 72 when I was still on the level 60's.

The update didn't turn GW more challenging, b cause I still can defeat it (pre update couldn't finish everyday), the update turned GW tedious and far time consuming ( in my experience and opinion, I know everyone has their own) it's a mobile game, and mobile games are supposed to keep you entertained in those small breaks of time that you can allow in your life with responsibilities and priorities.

The title of your topic is insulting to all those that "know how to play the game" but don't have time anymore because of the longer GW because enemies starts with full protection and you don't.

Having said all that, I agree with you that another GW will keep everyone happy. Cheers.

"Know how to play the game" was a slight jab at the sea of posts complaining about GW being too difficult. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I wanted to make a point that a lot of us would prefer exciting combat and strategy over a 15 minute auto-snooze fest. I was not attacking people with limited time, and I hope that the solution can appeal to everyone.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    To be completely honest I can barely complete GW atm, mostly because I don't have the right characters (Barriss, Daka) built up to 7*, but it's getting easier every day. I'd appreciate knowing there was another option waiting for me for when it becomes purely busywork. I feel like adding in a harder level seems a great compromise that won't detract from anyone's rewards or enjoyment
  • I would like to see a video that you auto through every node in 15 minutes or less.