5* Luminara (Gear7) vs. starting fresh Phasma

Hi all,

First post here, chasing a bit of advice. I am hoping to get some opinions on whether I should continue using my GW gems to upgrade Luminara, or start towards unlocking Phasma (iPhone player so I got Poe free).

Do people believe that Phasma is a viable long term option for most (if not all) team comps?

I'm interested mostly in GW, story mode (as it develops), and less seriously Arena (I float around rank 100 on my server, roughly 15450 power at the moment). I would like to eventually breach top 10-20 Arena.

My Luminara is currently 5/85 shards towards 6* and is gear 7.

I'm lvl 55 at the moment, running a usual comp of 5* Sid VII, 5* Lumi VII, 4* JC VIII, 4* Poe VI, and either 3* Dooku VI or 2* TiePilot VI.

If I unlock Phasma using the GW shards, what star level will she be? 1?

So much confusion haha any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Phasma starts at star level 3 and then takes 30 more shards to get to level 4.

I'd think unlocking Phasma is a solid choice since you will have another good character to use and as you said, GW and story are your priorities (mine too) rather than arena so more character variety seems like it'd be beneficial.

I unlocked her and am now going to get my Lumi up to star level 5 before bothering to get Phasma to 4.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    If GW is your focus, the more built toons the better no matter who/what they are.

I go on record as saying phasma and lumi are both beastly in their own way an there really aint a wrong answer here. I just 7*'d my lumi (max gear/max lvl) and now am pouring 100% into phasma
  • Loving the input, thank you both! This is what I love about this game; there's so much variability and possibilities, based on my favourite fictional universe!
  • If you are able to complete GW every day, then go for Luminara 6* and after that you can start farm Phasma.. Otherwise you should go for Phasma, she is tanky and can help you to clear the War..
  • I'm very close to 7* my Lumi before starting Phasma. Borrow Phasma for some game modes until you can start her.
  • Your team shouldn't even matter when it comes to GW. It's pretty much impossible to fail GW with the retreat and closing the games "bugs".

Since GW is easy to beat, I also don't see the purpose in doing the LS/DS. I got all the items I need to get maxed, so those aren't a priority for me either as I get everything I need.

That being said, the only thing that can really change is arena, everything should be built for it.
  • > It's pretty much impossible to fail G

I thought the same, but lately I face 5 to 8 all level 60 enemies each with amazing serups, epic (Level VII or VIII gear) ALL ability 7 and full of non farmable epic chars...and even with bugs, it takes a lot of deep strategizing, persistance, creativity and rotations to beat.

Picture this: sometimes a char does before I even get a turn. Sometimes entire ranks of 7* end up almost dead. This amkes "healing-at-the-end" a must, and next battle becomes a huge logistical nightmare. Imagine. 7 Kylo, 7 Sid and 7 IG-88. By turn 2 you have 4 or more chars with immunity block. Yeah, retreat, and you reset their timers to your dissadvantage.

A week ago I though people whined too much abiut GW. Now I think that as other teams progress to max-epic-everything, there will be anpoint in which every single battle will be an epic 7 vs 7 nightmare. After 4 battles, prepare to be humbled sooon.

My advise to OP is as other poster said, no wrong option. Both are top characters that enable different strategies. If enemy has a Phasma combined with high dps, you may want to use yours to level turn meters, and stun them. Without Phasma...you go last period. Lumi needs more starts to get a bit more tanky tgough, more than Phasma. Bur more important are the ability upgrades. Lumi needs to be a super healer and that means ability 6 target is important.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Your team shouldn't even matter when it comes to GW. It's pretty much impossible to fail GW with the retreat and closing the games "bugs".

Since GW is easy to beat, I also don't see the purpose in doing the LS/DS. I got all the items I need to get maxed, so those aren't a priority for me either as I get everything I need.

That being said, the only thing that can really change is arena, everything should be built for it.

Yea but thats if u cheat by exploiting glitches etc, not all of us want to win by cheating lol the challenge is what makes it fun
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    > It's pretty much impossible to fail G

I thought the same, but lately I face 5 to 8 all level 60 enemies each with amazing serups, epic (Level VII or VIII gear) ALL ability 7 and full of non farmable epic chars...and even with bugs, it takes a lot of deep strategizing, persistance, creativity and rotations to beat.

Picture this: sometimes a char does before I even get a turn. Sometimes entire ranks of 7* end up almost dead. This amkes "healing-at-the-end" a must, and next battle becomes a huge logistical nightmare. Imagine. 7 Kylo, 7 Sid and 7 IG-88. By turn 2 you have 4 or more chars with immunity block. Yeah, retreat, and you reset their timers to your dissadvantage.

A week ago I though people whined too much abiut GW. Now I think that as other teams progress to max-epic-everything, there will be anpoint in which every single battle will be an epic 7 vs 7 nightmare. After 4 battles, prepare to be humbled sooon.

My advise to OP is as other poster said, no wrong option. Both are top characters that enable different strategies. If enemy has a Phasma combined with high dps, you may want to use yours to level turn meters, and stun them. Without Phasma...you go last period. Lumi needs more starts to get a bit more tanky tgough, more than Phasma. Bur more important are the ability upgrades. Lumi needs to be a super healer and that means ability 6 target is important.

^^^Valid^^^
  • I level both, with Lumi as priority. Basically I get her promoted one star, then Phasma to next star. Right now I have both of them at 5 and pouring everything into Lumi to get to 6. I use both for my main squad (Phasma leader) so I would rather they were both balanced.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Yea but thats if u cheat by exploiting glitches etc, not all of us want to win by cheating lol the challenge is what makes it fun[/quote]

Its not cheating. YOU WILL NOT BEAT GW WITHOUT RETREATING AND EXITING THE GAME. Stop lieing to us and yourself. Every game out there like this one has a retreat button that also restarts the fight, js.

• I beat GW my First time not exiting the game or retreating... Ended with Sideous left with red health after he was previously revived by Daka.
    Then I learned the retreats And bugs, And havent Lost since then :D
  • Either your lieing or you dumped a ton of money into this game which makes your comment irrelevent
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    I am alternating between both. They are both invaluable in all battle modes.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    If GW is your focus, the more built toons the better no matter who/what they are.

I go on record as saying phasma and lumi are both beastly in their own way an there really aint a wrong answer here. I just 7*'d my lumi (max gear/max lvl) and now am pouring 100% into phasma

Exactly ^

I screwed up stupidly today and lost both Luminara and Consular in the 3-4 mission of GW. Luckily my other toons were good enough to get me through the next 3-4. I've only finished GW twice.

• Cool
    Junoir j
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just got lumi when they gave me phasma. I a now have a 7 star phasma leading my pvp team with kylo 5, dooku 5, ahsoka 7, and asajj 7. I don't have lum leveled. I don't have sidius. I haven't gotten below top 10 in over a week. And I always win GW with 4 star bariss as my only healer leveled. I'm sitting on a data I got in a recent bronzing I'm considering though. I always play against Mets in games. I also always do very well with under 200 spent on a game. All I bought here was bariss and kylo. I guess what I'm trying to say is you'll get stalled in power but in the end it's great regardless. you don't realy have to do what everyone else is.
  • Crittik wrote: »
    Either your lieing or you dumped a ton of money into this game which makes your comment irrelevent

Yup, impossible to always beat GW without using the "glitches". Those same "glitches" existed in other games that this game was based on so I doubt it was actually a glitch.