Guilds and Raids - Q&A

Prev1345678
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited April 2016
Hey everyone,

There have been a lot of questions surrounding Guilds and Raids, so I’m going to post the ones I’ve seen here along with the answers. If you have any additional questions go ahead and post them in this thread and I'll answer them as I can (and update the original post with the Q&A).

Q: How much does it cost to create a Guild?

A: The cost to create a Guild is 300,000 Credits.

Q: Can guild ownership be transferred? If so, what reset time does the guild use for activities? The original creator's reset time or the new leader's reset time?

A: Yes, Guild ownership can be transferred. The reset time will still be set to the original Guild Leaders time zone.

Q: Will there be in-game guild tags for guild members?

A: No, there will not be tags, however you can do a name change now to manually add the tag you’d like to use yourself.

Q: For guild daily activities and raids, will there be a complete roster contribution list?

A: Yes, via a leaderboard you will be able to see how much each Guild member has contributed.

Q: Do the Shared Activities earn Guild bank Currency or Individual Guild Currency?

A: Shared Guild Activities exclusively award Guild Currency, which is used to make purchases in Guild Shipments. These involve activities such as completing X PvP battles as a group and have cooperative and competitive aspects. The Daily Activity “Personal Guild Contribution” is the only way to earn Guild Bank Coins, which are needed to summon Raids. This activity is completed by spending Energy anywhere in the game.

Q: Will guilds be playable across servers or on one server only?

A: They will be able to have members from all "servers", just like your allies list.

Q: Will a guild be assigned to one timezone and the activities stick to that timezones schedule, or will they be based on each members timezone?

A: A Guild is assigned to one timezone, the Guild Leaders.

Q: Who pays the fee when creating a Guild?

A: The Guild Leader is the one that must pay the entire cost.

Q: How many members can a Guild have?

A: 50

Q: Can a Guild Leader remove members from their Guild?

A: Yes, the Guild Leader can remove members that they no longer want in their Guild. A Guild Leader can also make assign the role of Officer to players in their Guild, giving them the ability to also remove members, invite members, and summon Raids.

Q: Will the Guild Store be available right away on Sunday?

A: No, the Guild Store won't show up until Monday when we fully push out the update to all players. At this time, a large number of bug fixes will also be patched in.

Q: How doable is a Guild for FTP?
A: Very doable! Raid difficulties start at no requirements for the first tier and then go up by 1 star in difficulty each tier after, lettings players of all progression levels jump in The Pit.

Q: How long is the raid? What is the specific time frame to complete it?
A: The first 6 Raid Tiers do not have a time limit and characters refresh once a day allowing a Guild of any size to complete it. The final tier (Heroic) has a 2 day time limit). Regarding how long a Raid will take to complete, that scales greatly based on the number of players in the Guild and the quality of their characters/strategy.

Q: Will we be able to win crystals via guilds?
A: Crystals are not part of the rewards earned through Guilds or Raids.

Q: Can an individual in a smaller than 50 guild be rewarded the same as if you were a member of a 50 person guild?

A: It will be much harder to complete higher tiers of Guild Daily Activities, but yes, the rewards would be the same if the goals can be met. Raids will be harder to complete with fewer members as well, but doable over a longer period of time (except for Heroic difficulty since there is a time limit).

Q: Are the achievements going to be worth it and advantageous for everyone in a guild to target just those and forego the regular farming we would normally use our energy for?
A: No, players will need to spend energy in all areas of the game to contribute to their Guild Bank Currency which is used to activate Raids.

Q: As long as you do a decent amount of whatever the daily guild requirement is, will you earn enough Guild credit to buy a 5 shard pack for a character in Shipments?
A: Players who regularly contribute to Guild Activities and the Raids will earn enough Guild Currency to regularly make purchases in Guild Shipments. This is assuming that the Guild has many other members that are also contributing daily. Guilds are about collaboration, so the more players work together the more frequently each player will be able to purchase shard packs from Guild Shipments.

Q: With the 7 tiers, can you only complete one each raid?
A: Once a Raid is activated you will be unable to activate another one until the current one is completed.

Q: Will we be granted enough guild currency upon creation to immediately start a raid or will we have to earn if from zero upon creating the guild?
A: Guilds will need to earn enough Guild Bank Coins before being able to participate in a Raid.

Q: Do you play live with other members of the guild, or is it on an individual basis?
A: All players will take their squad and battle against the Rancor individually, but the health of it is shared between all players in the Guild. So players will need to work together if they want to have a chance of defeating this massive foe.

Q: Is there any advantage or disadvantage of guild members being in different Timezones from the Guild Leaders time?
A: This depends on the nature of the Guild. If the Guild Leader summons a Raid while certain members are unable to play the game, they may defeat the Rancor and rewards will only be given to those that participated.

Q: What is the character limit for your name?
A: 28

Q: Will normal credits/currency be part the reward system in guilds to help with the credit crunch?
A: Completing Raids will award an amount of Credits, along with other prizes.

Q: What are the squad sizes in raids?
A: 5

Q: Are we going to be able to borrow an ally from guild-mates?
A: No

Q: Can players leave a Guild after joining one?
A: Yes, players can leave a Guild at any time, however there will be a short cooldown period before they are able to join another Guild (to prevent Guild hopping)

Q: "characters refresh once a day"
does this mean the raids are like Galactic War and you use your entire applicable roster five characters at a time until you run out of characters, or is there a different limit on the attempts each player can make on the raid each day?

A: There is a limit on the number of attempts each day. Also, any character that is defeated during the Raid must wait until the following day before they can be used again.

Q: What will the mechanism be for adding members to a guild roster? Does the guild leader send invites or do potential members apply to the guild? Or both?
A: A Guild Leader can set a number of ways to open up their Guild for members. They can set it so that the Guild is invite only, or they can set it to open so that players may freely join.

Q: For buying the new gear, the mats reward will be random or we will choose it in guild shipments?
A: The Guild Store will have Shards and Gear that can be purchased with Guild Currency. There will also be Gear rewarded by completing a Raid.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• sounds good. can we know what exactly is in guild shipments and what are raid prizes?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    How doable is a Guild for FTP?
  • How long is the raid? What is the specific time frame to complete it? @EA_Jesse
    Bad game management here
  • Thank you for the informations EA_Jesse.
    My question is:
    1. Is it possible to see the guild stats? (if I'll get an invite and I want to know what a kind of guilde it is)

Thanks in advance,
    Alteisen76
  • Besides being able to see everyone's contribution via the leaderboard, will there be an overall Guild Ranking System? and if so, how will that system work?
  • Thank you @EA_Jesse
    My questions:
    1. Can an individual in a smaller than 50 guild be rewarded the same as if you were a member of a 50 person guild? (ie. Are we somewhat being forced into a 50 person guild if we want to stay competitive)
    2. Will we be able to win crystals via guilds?
    3. Are the achievements going to be worth it and advantageous for everyone in a guild to target just those and forego the regular farming we would normally use our energy for?

Thank you,
  • From the guild achievements, will they give out crystals?
  • As long as you do a decent amount of whatever the daily guild requirement is, will you earn enough Guild credit to buy a 5 shard pack for a character in Shipments, ala GW the first six matches, or Arena, etc? As long as I can get a 5 pack each day from doing stuff I'd do anyway, I'll be happy.
  • With the 7 tiers, can you only complete one each raid?
  • Will we be granted enough guild currency upon creation to immediately start a raid or will we have to earn if from zero upon creating the guild?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Why are we being forced into guilds to advance in this game, specifically with regards to raiding?
  • Maybe I missed it, but do we still play on our own time, or do we have to be online with Guild members to conduct raids and activities?
  • I just wanted to say thanks.
  • Do you play live with other members of the guild, or is it on an individual basis?
  • Do you play live with other members of the guild, or is it on an individual basis?

This. Are the raids co-op play, or done as an individual?
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Thanks for the update! Time to hunt some active yet fun guild.
  • Yeah, count me as confused as to how a guild raid would work as my only experience with this is mmorpg. I have visions of coordinating times to raid standing around for an hour and mad lag... Lol
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    This sounds pretty amazing actually. Clash of Clans added in guild wars and it was incredibly fun. It turned into a fun event for many users. I believe(if done right) that this will turn into something amazing.
  • Can you please post the daily activities for each day of the week? This way guilds have some time to prepare.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    One more important question: Are we at a disadvantage if we have disparate level teams in a guild together or should we all be around the same level?
  • What time exactly will the update come out because I would hate to see my guild name taken before i get the chance to make it!
  • Is there any advantage or disadvantage of guild members being in different Timezones from the guild masters time?
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sounds awesome! Here's hoping leaders activate raids in the evenings and weekends at decent times.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Added some new questions and answers to the initial post.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Added some new questions and answers to the initial post.

Cheers Jesse.
  • What is the character limit for your name?

For example if I want to be '[ANZGC] cosmicturtle333' is that too many characters?
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • thanks CG, I bet this will be fun.
  • What kind of reward?
    (Gear piece will one obviously, just wondering)
    the cake is a lie
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Will normal credits/currency be part the reward system in guilds to help with the credit crunch?

Getting more shards is great but we already don't have enough credits to lvl the players we currently have.
This discussion has been closed.