Qui Gon Jin

Raves
56 posts Member
So I've spent a little and have hit quite a bit with Qui Gon Jin, currently have him at 6* but not geared at all, still level 5, was hoping to hit Leia 6*, just need 10 more shards, but is Qui Gon Jin really that strong? I keep seeing people post about him but I wasn't sure. I'm currently running:

5* Phasma(L) Gear 6
5* Leia Gear 7 (only 2 pieces finished)
6* JC Gear 7 (5 pieces finished)
6* Lumi Gear 6, 5 pieces finished
4* Kylo Ren Gear 6, 4 pieces finished

The team I was working towards was Phasma, Lumi, Old Ben(5* right now), Han (4* right now), and TFP (4* right now) building them all up to take advantage of the great turn manipulations provided by Han and Old Ben but I'm wondering if for the immediate and the long term if I should build up Qui Gon Jin?

Would Qui Gon be better than Kylo Ren in my current line-up? Once I get Kylo up to a higher star would it be better to replace JC and run Phasma/Leia/QGJ/Kylo/Lumi? Just trying to figure out what might be the best option to use.

Replies

• QGJ is the best toon imo - Put him as leader and your jedi team should have 1 whole turn available without taking any hits. Also his spells has pretty low cd's and does good amount of dmg. Forget Kylo and go for your QGJ and Ben
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    Well Kylo is pretty much done outside of farming shards in Cantina, plus I need him for dark side. So I'll just stop gearing him, didn't want ot have to farm all the purprle gear he required anyways to get gear 7. So I'll start putting it into Qui Gon and once he gets stronger. Not sure about putting him in as leader as Phasma is pretty strong and there are a lot of Maul/Sid/Vader/Dooku teams running around my server so I need some variety.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qui > Leia

Edit: I hate how spell check butchers Star Wars verbiage.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Is QGJ end game worthy if he's only 5*?
  • Ya QGJ, without ever using him, really seems to be the best toon in the game.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    I would suggest that you put tfp, ben and han in now inplace of lumi, jc, and kylo. All 3 will work at 4-5* very well.

Unless you're building an AoE team, I also suggest you turn Kylo into a secondary special project, and not a first priority over the team.

QGJ can be a challenge if he is with jedi. He provides them with a speed advantage, allowing jedi to take the initiative. He also hits really hard, and will call in an ally. With his speed, damage, and ally call all happening before your team has acted, it can be devistating on the opening round. Call ally is a great skill for defense when the AI is in control, because it ensures focus fire with 2 heroes. Now, if QGJ calls TFP, one of your guys are dead. Then when TFP takes his actual turn, you lose another. Now its a 3 vs 5.
    Finally, QGJ can also buff remove. This is essential in the current meta of taunts. The only problem with QGJ here is that with his speed, he will have already used his turn by the time any taunts go out, leaving an opporrunity for him to be killed before he has the opportunity to clear taunt.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    I'll start tossing those in once they get to an appropriate level. Right now Lumi/JC/Kylo are all well above TFP, Old Ben, and QGJ, I'll probably start by replacing Kylo with QGJ, JC with TFP, and once I get Old Ben leveled to a higher point put him in over Lumi.
  • Maybe it's time to gear my QGJ up, kinda left him in the backfield while focusing on other more farmable characters...
    Use him somtimes, his ability to remove Taunts etc is nice...
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    IMO kylo is pretty bad. Paired with Phasma is decent.
    The best toon in the game is first order tie 7star. Mine has over 10k health and hits for over 13k damage with basic attack. The second best is 7star Darth Maul. This game as well as most other pvp games is about doing damage. QGJ is good to remove taunt but other than that there are many toons as good with level and gear being equal. His leader ability is pretty good but you need certain chars to really take advantage of it in pvp. Remember it's about damage. Your toons can't do anything when they are dead. Also Jedi dmg dealers suck now because everyone uses Sid and he is tuff to hit with a Jedi. My FOT will 1 shot his **** almost every time. If not DM finishes him then DM gets another attack.
    The best chars are:
    FOT
    DM
    Barriss
    Luminara
    Sid
    Poe Dameron (aoe expose is nasty)
    QGJ
    Phasma
    Tarkin
    Dooku 4+ star

1. Dmg
    2. Health
    3. Ability block
    4. Ability speed up

My current pvp team is this and I can get into the top 10 easily with them: sometimes I rotate barriss out as leader but her health buff and debuff remove are pretty great. Once I get Phasma to 6 star I'll switch to him mostly as leader.
    5 star barriss
    6 star Luminara
    7 star QGJ (I rotate 5star Phasma and 7star Tarkin)
    7 star FOT
    7 star DM
    All gear is L6 or above

Ya I spent some $$ I like star wars and I was Lucky to get a lot of DM chars and shards.
    Post edited by Mizo on
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    My originally listed Arena team easily destroys Barris teams. Normally because Leia is so good at destroying their biggest threat, numerous times I've had Leia just drop a Sid/TFP/DM/QGJ in the first round without even getting an assist from Phasma. I mean Barriss is great on the defensive side as it helps stall the opponent, but I would take a 6*+ JC over Barriss easily due to the damage able to be applied as you put it.

My current team I'm normally top 10, if I play smart leading up to the last hour, normally have to get a repurchase as I use my first 5 to get back from the mid teens up to the top 3 early in the day before needing to cement my position later. It's mostly from picking on Barriss teams. Only real challenge are the AOE Sid teams and Phasma teams.
  • Mizo wrote: »
    The best toon in the game is first order tie 7star. Mine has over 10k health and hits for over 13k damage with basic attack. The second best is 7star Darth Maul. This game as well as most other pvp games is about doing damage. QGJ is good to remove taunt but other than that there are many toons as good with level and gear being equal. His leader ability is pretty good but you need certain chars to really take advantage of it in pvp. Remember it's about damage. Your toons can't do anything when they are dead. Also Jedi dmg dealers suck now because everyone uses Sid and he is tuff to hit with a Jedi. My FOT will 1 shot his **** almost every time. If not DM finishes him then DM gets another attack.
    The best chars are:
    FOT
    DM
    Barriss
    Luminara
    Sid
    Poe Dameron (aoe expose is nasty)
    QGJ
    Phasma
    Tarkin
    Dooku 4+ star

1. Dmg
    2. Health
    3. Ability block
    4. Ability speed up

My current pvp team is this and I can get into the top 10 easily with them:
    5 star barriss
    6 star Luminara
    7 star QGJ (I rotate 5star Phasma and 7star Tarkin
    7 star FOT
    7 star DM
    All gear is L6 or above

Yeah well that's a nice team for someone who wants to waste a grand...
  • I have Qui Gon at 5* and gear 7 and all abilities at 4-5 and he hits like a truck. I start with his assist ability and can take out a weaker enemy in 1-2 hits (depending on who assists). The assist ability also reduces to 1 turn cool down so you can use it every other turn. When Cherie taunts, his special will clear it, or you can choose to use it to finish off a lower health toon as it hits for over twice that of the normal attack. All in all, he is very good and I really want him at 7* if I had an extra grand laying around to buy packs with.
  • Jrempire
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I place rank 2 everyday with this setup
    QGJ 7* lead
    Lumi 7*
    Aayala 5*
    Kit Fisto 7*
    FOT 6*

The person in 1st place is a Phasma team with FOT, Leia, QGJ and lumi all 6-7* I'm assuming.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Wow impressive set of 7* toons...I can only imagine the $$ that must have been spent. Nice
  • Lvl 7 qui???...what kind of loan are we talking about taking out here? I'd love to go for him, but man I can't farm a shard at all.
  • I got 6* and although I spent a couple hundred, it wasn't that much. Probably just got lucky with my drops. I mean my Leia is 1 drop from being 6* as well.
  • Jrempire
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Probably spent 3 zeros since November to get my qgj to 7*