Kylo Ren...good/ bad? Thoughts

I got Kylo Ren recently. While I want him to be amazing, i somehow feel he doesn't really shine that much? Do other people think he is worth farming his shards to level him up? His basic attack seems abit weak, hits for 700-800 @ level 6 gear, 4 stars and level 60 (2989 power). Can't really say his lash out is particularly amazing either does around 1k. I consider phasma to be a weak hitter and she still hits for 1.2k (3147 power). Both characters have level 3 abilities as basic

Replies

• Even in arena teams facing him, he doesnt present me with much of an issue
  • He's tanky and can do decent damage with his special. But he's easily left for last and doesn't pose any threat alone.
  • He needs help. He is not really viable in top tier arena teams and if you see one, they are trying hard to make him worth his spot. He is almost like a Vader right now, you might be able to pop off with one big damage hit on him but is otherwise just hanging out and rooting on the other 4 on his team.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • At gear 9, he's fairly difficult to kill. Also, in the current Dooku meta, his AOE is constantly reset and he just spams it. I use him in my Arena team, and he's decent.
  • Goose
    26 posts Member
    He's a marginally better version of his former self. Pretty useful on offense and pretty useless on d.
    I would add though, that if and when the Dooku becomes less, well, everywhere; kylos offensive utility will drop dramatically.
  • He is decent, I rather spend the resources on other characters at this time.
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    He needs help. He is not really viable in top tier arena teams and if you see one, they are trying hard to make him worth his spot. He is almost like a Vader right now, you might be able to pop off with one big damage hit on him but is otherwise just hanging out and rooting on the other 4 on his team.

I beg to differ. I haven't placed outside of top three for months and I play on a pretty mature December shard. I use kylo gear 9. He will get even better with +15% to his AOE with omega upgrade
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I'm thinking the combo of Kylo and RG is going to be huge, his -50% health upgrade in damage with RG taunt keeping him alive could be amazing
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the combo of Kylo and RG is going to be huge, his -50% health upgrade in damage with RG taunt keeping him alive could be amazing

This is true but with RG, Kylo will only get to use his outrage once. I count on another toon hitting him but not killing him so his outrage will reset. Can't happen with RG.
    Goose wrote: »
    He's a marginally better version of his former self. Pretty useful on offense and pretty useless on d.
    I would add though, that if and when the Dooku becomes less, well, everywhere; kylos offensive utility will drop dramatically.

I use Kylo a lot now with Dooku teams. I can hit them with my aoe, Dooku will counter which will then reset Kylo half of the time, and then I can use QGJ's humbling blow on whichever toon dodged Kylo's aoe giving my whole team OU. It's actually pretty sweet. And then Kylo's next aoe will be pretty powerful. But I know that when things change from Dooku lead that Kylo won't be as useful.

And his defense does suck. I'll give everyone that.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    He needs help. He is not really viable in top tier arena teams and if you see one, they are trying hard to make him worth his spot. He is almost like a Vader right now, you might be able to pop off with one big damage hit on him but is otherwise just hanging out and rooting on the other 4 on his team.

I beg to differ. I haven't placed outside of top three for months and I play on a pretty mature December shard. I use kylo gear 9. He will get even better with +15% to his AOE with omega upgrade

Did get hit by his AoE when he had advantage that does hurt a little more.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »

This with StHan and Daka shenanigans. AI proof.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    StHan (L) btw