Is GW going to be fixed?

Prev1
Since the update I've only won 2 GWs, I usually get to battle 9 or 10 and I'm going up against level 74 toons with VIII armor and 6 or 7 stars. My battle ridden teams even at full health have no chance against these fresh teams with full health and full protection bars. I don't have multiple teams to throw up against this. I never had these issues before the update, and usually won 4 out of 5 battles. Now, I win 1 out of 5 battles. Not cool!!!!

Replies

• Options
    I believe that is the whole point of GWs. You are forced to have a deeper bench, use other toons and improvise new team synergies. After a GW update the same was happening to me until I leveled up my toons and brought in some suicide teams and some sort of backup toons if something went bad with my main team.
  • Options
    What level are you? There's not much wrong with GW, but I believe there is a bad spot between 60-70 that is very hard. Once you level up it should be easier.
    Also as the poster above said if you're not 73/74 and don't have a decent team you need to use some strategy with suicide squads and also need to level up some replacement toons.
  • Options
    I'm level 74 and I fought a level 77 team Today, I couldn't pass it. Rey qui gon and dooku with level 8 skills ripped apart my whole roster
  • Options
    I'm level 74 and I fought a level 77 team Today, I couldn't pass it. Rey qui gon and dooku with level 8 skills ripped apart my whole roster

Ouch that's harsh. I think that's just bad luck, I'm 74 too, haven't had any problems since the update.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Gw is fine, you just need a deeper bench. Meaning two decent teams. Can do it with one but it takes forever reseting
  • Options
    Lambi wrote: »
    Gw is fine, you just need a deeper bench. Meaning two decent teams. Can do it with one but it takes forever reseting

I've got 2 good teams and over 40 other toons in my roster. The problem is my arena team has power over 32k so I face teams with fully geared qui gons Rey's RGs and dooku's. With the addition of protection it's impossible to beat that, as I have to get through more than 50k protection points in total each match while I have none
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I think this is why you shouldn't pre-craft much if any. You will get hellish GW's.
  • Options
    I am 74....with 8 7*, 4 6*, 3 5*, 7 4* all gear 7 and up. I have another 20ish toons of varrying gear and star level.

I have beaten gw once since update

My top guys have protection gone by node 2

I face full protection level 68 up with a rg from node 1. (6 and 7* toons)

Yeasterday i face full out 7* with a few 6* from node 4 all gear 8 and 9 with omega abilitied players. Most all teams had fives...phasma...dooku....gs...qgj.....lumi or rey. A few savage in there as well.

So all top meta teams.....one after the other

Threw out a suicide team of 4star blue gear and never had a chance to attack.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    @Batdude21 - share your roster and level with us if you can. There is definitely an icky spot where you can't seem to win GW.
    K1ngYoda wrote: »
    I am 74....with 8 7*, 4 6*, 3 5*, 7 4* all gear 7 and up. I have another 20ish toons of varrying gear and star level.

Yeasterday i face full out 7* with a few 6* from node 4 all gear 8 and 9 with omega abilitied players. Most all teams had fives...phasma...dooku....gs...qgj.....lumi or rey. A few savage in there as well.

@K1ngYoda - try not using your top guys for first few battles so they are coming into battle with full protection later.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

I think this is why you shouldn't pre-craft much if any. You will get hellish GW's.
    It's a trade off between GW and arena. Having 3 gear 9s on my arena team got me into the top 5 from the top 20, but now I've only beaten one GW since the update.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    @Batdude21 - share your roster and level with us if you can. There is definitely an icky spot where you can't seem to win GW.

@K1ngYoda - try not using your top guys for first few battles so they are coming into battle with full protection later.

that my usual lately....it is getting me up to the 10th or so node....I will keep trying though....
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    So many GW threads and so many speculations. GW is not fine. It's obvious. They will fix it soon. Read the devs posts.
  • Options
    It is based on your arena power and rank. The higher those are then the harder your galactic war will be.
  • Options
    Martianski wrote: »
    So many GW threads and so many speculations. GW is not fine. It's obvious. They will fix it soon. Read the devs posts.

Agreed, GW is a dead subject for now.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The only problem i have in GW is, when i face a high Rey (70+, 6*+, gear 8+) ... at node 1, its of course no problem at all, but at node 9, 10 and/or 11 its a trail&error-game, what char to attack first, so Rey doesnt 1-hit-kill one of mine in her first turn. (and forget about stunning her ... i use Dooku as well as RG, but RNG seems to be her best friend ever)

EDIT: However, i finished GW every single time the last few weeks or even months.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Don't start with your top team. Start with marginal teams and work your way up from there. Take that team as far as it can go. I was surprised with the team I started with today. It wasn't even my usual B team. They went halfway through before I had to start subbing in. I think I was just lucky today. Usually, I only get three nodes in before they essentially become a suicide squad. The point is, start with a lower team on the lower levels so you can save your A team. No sense in losing their protection that soon.

Batdude, you may have the same issue, you may not. We would need more info to help further.
  • Options
    Pre update, GW was perfect. I still needed a good roster and the level matches were very very fair. I'm not sure what they were thinking knowing that you'd have to face higher level teams with full protection while your squad (and a portion of your bench) has lost their protection. It's just blatantly obvious that the "testing" didn't involve full runs of the GW, and just sample battles.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • LarGe
    113 posts Member
    Options
    GW is working. No need to be fixed. If you can't finish it make your roster stronger.
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    LarGe wrote: »
    GW is working. No need to be fixed. If you can't finish it make your roster stronger.

+1
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with GW on either of my accounts. Although on the recent under "more updates coming" the said.

Key areas we’re also looking at:
    Addressing concerns that Galactic War is taking longer than it used to for players

With the release of guilds and raids they won't be looking at GW for a while.
  • Options
    You just need to put more healers in your squad and to retreat and reshuffle your team members when the RNG is not in your favour. But agree that it takes significantly longer to finish GW after the latest update.
  • Options
    GW is still beatable the issue is its taking WAY TOO LONG!!!! I usually make it through with less casualties then before the update, but it takes 3x as long which is the major problem for me
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    GW is still beatable the issue is its taking WAY TOO LONG!!!! I usually make it through with less casualties then before the update, but it takes 3x as long which is the major problem for me

I agree, way too long! Still totally winnable.... not sure about 3x as long but definitely longer.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Pre update, GW was perfect. I still needed a good roster and the level matches were very very fair. I'm not sure what they were thinking knowing that you'd have to face higher level teams with full protection while your squad (and a portion of your bench) has lost their protection. It's just blatantly obvious that the "testing" didn't involve full runs of the GW, and just sample battles.

+1

GW was my favorite part of the game pre-update. Now it's becoming...well, less so. They changed the one aspect of the game that seemed to be working well. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I can beat it still too, but facing high level precrafted teams from node 5 and on is no fun. Without protection (I don't use my A team until I have to) you easily get 1 shouted by the max gear, precrafted DPS. I have every toon in the game, and 40 plus of them are geared and level 70 or better. I was playing a little sloppy today to cut time and lost most of my 70's.

I feel for anyone who hasn't sunk a ton of money into the game that is high level.
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Still managing to scrape through GW, although I've met some pretty tough higher ranked teams. In particular a level 76 with fully geared and starred Rey, RG, Lumi, Dooku and ST Han. Boy that was a hard fight, I was throwing meat into the grinder just to take off 1 toons protection to make the next attempt easier.
    I'm currently player lvl75 with nothing higher than lvl74 at the moment and a reasonable depth of bench, but I find myself doing so many retreats now that it's becoming a real grind to find the time to complete it everyday.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    Gw didn't change much for me at all I beat it everyday like I all ways do. You need more characters if you want to beat galactic war. Try to get as much good toons that you have to at least 4* gear7 lvl 60.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The meta is dodge. Put lumi or dooku up for lead and then use two high health characters and two stunners/TM buffers. Boom. Youre done.
  • Options
    Like others say, build a deeper bench. You should have to earn it, not just roll thru with one solid team. I like how it is. Although I can get thru with only 6 guys, sometimes 5.