So lets talk about Ackbar, Poogle & Poe...

Prev134
WhipiT
591 posts Member
edited January 2016
So the gears are turning in my head about the future of PvP with the new level 70 cap that is upcoming. HP's will increase, which will in turn increase heals. DPS will increase as will resistances, armor, dodge, potency and tenacity percentages. 10 more levels and 1-2 more gear upgrades a tank will actually be a tank. Potency and Tenacity are rarely spoken of on these forums but are extremely valuable percentages within the game. And they're about to increase...a lot.

So there is a good chance that the pvp meta could shift away from it's current state of either full blown aoe squads, 3 dps 2 healer, Counter attack/extra attack type teams that just try to burn the other team down quickly.... into a true RPG like classic form of tank/healer/DPS/buffer/cleanser. Using a tank in arena might not be so far fetched at level 70. I think people will shift from dps or healer heavy teams to a more balanced squad using buffers such as Poogle, cleansers such as Ackbar, debuffer and tank such as Poe and two of your strongest DPS in one team. Just a theory of course but I have some questions for people with high starred Ackbar & Poe...

What is Ackbars damage like? Is he a low hitpoint character? How well does his cleanse and heal work? How fast is his turn meter?

To the Poe users.....do you think Poe could be a viable tank at 70? What is his potency and tenacity at level 60 in epic tier? Does the expose stick reliably on at least 3/5 targets?

I would be very thankful for any feedback on these questions. I don't have Poe yet should in the next few days. I've had Ackbar for a while at level one so I am just now thinking of leveling him to 70.

Replies

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I found tanks to be more useful at lower levels as when you get higher dps increases so much that they just die? They also do not protect from heavy aoe...which theoretically should also increase right? And judging by how it has gone so far...it will increase more then tankiness?

Why would this suddenly reverse? :D

I think if you have sckbar and poggle you will likely lose a lot of defensive battles, especially if you have a tank too, you will either have not very many dps and heals and once one dps dies to focus you will have very little threat and the ai will not make optimal choices and is easily baited.

I have v limited info on ackbar tho, does not fit in with my aesthetic.

• Wispsi wrote: »
    I found tanks to be more useful at lower levels as when you get higher dps increases so much that they just die? They also do not protect from heavy aoe...which theoretically should also increase right? And judging by how it has gone so far...it will increase more then tankiness?

I think if you have sckbar and poggle you will likely lose a lot of defensive battles, especially if you have a tank too, you will either have not very many dps and heals and once one dps dies to focus you will have very little threat and the ai will not make optimal choices and is easily baited.

I see your points. I don't think it will reverse I think fights will be more dependent on synergies. The main reason I want Poe is expose and taunt. Expose coupled with Poogles offense up + say Tie Fighter or Luke is going to be nasty at 70. If Poe is a viable enough tank at 70 he could keep aggro of the squishies long enough to take out 1 or two targets. If ackbar could be used as a healer and a cleanser viably he could serve two roles with one spot.

And trust me the current meta is nothing like what it will be at 70. We are in the infancy of learning the game. And tanks, debuffers and cleansers wouldnt be in the game if they werent part of synergies. Just got to take the chance invest in unknowns and unlock them.
  • I think we will need all of the above, being able to pull out someone and adjust to the situation will probably be even more advantageous than it is now.

So far I have only really faced a high level Poggle and although his skills make me have to pop a heal a bit earlier than usual he dies pretty quick. That's might change with more levels, but I expect the stats and skills will scale pretty much the same.

Unless of course the cries of "Nerf" win out.. :/
  • Eli
    12 posts Member
    I would love to hear opinion on ackbar.

His leader skill gives 20+ speed to rebel allies, potential cleanse heal (could be a double edge if your allies have positive buff?), turn meter control

Coupled with leia and storm trooper han + phasma and you get a team of turn control Manipulators + very fast sniper you can also add in lando to abuse leia's crit buff.
  • Im currently taking a chance and working on Poggle...I'm not going to bring him out unt I have him at 5* epic gear.. Minimum. But I have an idea on how I want to use him after lvl 60...and I hope it works out.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Eli wrote: »
    I would love to hear opinion on ackbar.

His leader skill gives 20+ speed to rebel allies, potential cleanse heal (could be a double edge if your allies have positive buff?), turn meter control

Coupled with leia and storm trooper han + phasma and you get a team of turn control Manipulators + very fast sniper you can also add in lando to abuse leia's crit buff.

Excellent idea.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Im currently taking a chance and working on Poggle...I'm not going to bring him out unt I have him at 5* epic gear.. Minimum. But I have an idea on how I want to use him after lvl 60...and I hope it works out.

Me too! I really think toons are going to get nasty at 70. Poogle is an awesome tool to have.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    my ackbar is 6* in VI gear, has i think 7200ish hp. one of the item slots has a 250-300hp item. no clue whats on the VII slots. at 7* with gear VI im guessing he would be in the low to mid 8000's for HP. His damage is incredibly low so far, but hes not a damage dealer obviously. He has a ton of INT gear so his special damage is super high, too bad he has no attacks that use special damage. His heal and lobots have the highest healing potential in the game though. at one point he healed everyone member of my party 7000+ hp. He's a good character but you'll have to fit him to your needs. Also his speed is slow, but thats not a big deal. you'll want him to go last after the AI has fired off all their dots, just hope they dont ablilty block him lol. oh his damage proably comparable to barris hits. If he did anymore damage he would be pretty OP, just like if barris did a "normal" amount of damage she'd be pretty op too.
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    shampoo wrote: »
    my ackbar is 6* in VI gear, has i think 7200ish hp. one of the item slots has a 250-300hp item. no clue whats on the VII slots. at 7* with gear VI im guessing he would be in the low to mid 8000's for HP. His damage is incredibly low so far, but hes not a damage dealer obviously. He has a ton of INT gear so his special damage is super high, too bad he has no attacks that use special damage. His heal and lobots have the highest healing potential in the game though. at one point he healed everyone member of my party 7000+ hp. He's a good character but you'll have to fit him to your needs. Also his speed is slow, but thats not a big deal. you'll want him to go last after the AI has fired off all their dots, just hope they dont ablilty block him lol. oh his damage proably comparable to barris hits. If he did anymore damage he would be pretty OP, just like if barris did a "normal" amount of damage she'd be pretty op too.

@shampoo Thank you so much man. That is awesome information. I'm really trying to think ahead to 70 and I want to try off the wall combinations but Im very limited in knowledge on so many unused characters including Ackbar. I def want to star him up now.
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    @shampoo Thank you so much man. That is awesome information. I'm really trying to think ahead to 70 and I want to try off the wall combinations but Im very limited in knowledge on so many unused characters including Ackbar. I def want to star him up now.

The problem is that it takes so long to get someone into fighting shape. Weeks/months. Couple this with the fact that we can't practice fights, and there's so much limited info out there.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

Well said my friend. I'm def excited to push to 70 and create a team that doesn't follow what everyone is doing. That would get old just having the same clone teams. To many characters and options to settle for that.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member

The problem is that it takes so long to get someone into fighting shape. Weeks/months. Couple this with the fact that we can't practice fights, and there's so much limited info out there.

Indeed. Thats why I just put a lot of thought into who I was going to take to 70 first and max there gear exclusively for Arena. My combo may totally blow at 70 lol. But it may not. Guess time will tell.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member

I'd have another backup plan. Since they nerf and buff characters the last update, it's hard to pin our hopes on entirely on certain characters. Just look at how Barriss owners fall.
  • I've been using Akbar as an anti-Sid/Vader/HK team member ... works like a charm - and his heal will exceed Lumi's initial heal when there are lots of dots (I got 3-4k heal once from him, 4*, gear4). I think once he's buffed the heal will be higher. Unfortunately he's a liability on offence. He has one special to pass control to a random squad member, otherwise that's it. Unlike Barriss, he can't heal unless there are dots so there are actually turns where he's a complete liability. I think he has potential, but he needs to be more than a one-trick pony. I actually have a squad of 4 regulars, with a 5th rotating spot - Akbar, Asajj, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, and Talia - depending on situation, whether I need buff/debuff or dps.
    Unfortunately, Akbar is awful in AI hands. I sometimes auto-play to see how AI handles him, and it will often blow his one useful skill - cleanse - on something trivial - after which it will blow the pass-turn ability, and Akbar becomes useless. So I'm conflicted, and I've gotten to the point where Sid's dots don't really scare me anymore, so Akbar is getting less mileage.
    Also, it's possible he is bugged ... his cleanse does not appear to remove the heal-block most of the time - while it removes pretty much everything else. I wonder why that happens, since friendly toons should not have resistance to a cleanse. I suppose it may be related to potency of the caster that placed the buff.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Beginning to wish I had farmed poe from the beginning....but I think my Fett will work as well...will be a hard decision once I get him to 6* whether to go to 7 or farm poe. Really sucks most of the useful tanky toons can only be farmed with cantina creds
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Lianara wrote: »
    I've been using Akbar as an anti-Sid/Vader/HK team member ... works like a charm - and his heal will exceed Lumi's initial heal when there are lots of dots (I got 3-4k heal once from him, 4*, gear4). I think once he's buffed the heal will be higher. Unfortunately he's a liability on offence. He has one special to pass control to a random squad member, otherwise that's it. Unlike Barriss, he can't heal unless there are dots so there are actually turns where he's a complete liability. I think he has potential, but he needs to be more than a one-trick pony. I actually have a squad of 4 regulars, with a 5th rotating spot - Akbar, Asajj, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, and Talia - depending on situation, whether I need buff/debuff or dps.
    Unfortunately, Akbar is awful in AI hands. I sometimes auto-play to see how AI handles him, and it will often blow his one useful skill - cleanse - on something trivial - after which it will blow the pass-turn ability, and Akbar becomes useless. So I'm conflicted, and I've gotten to the point where Sid's dots don't really scare me anymore, so Akbar is getting less mileage.
    Also, it's possible he is bugged ... his cleanse does not appear to remove the heal-block most of the time - while it removes pretty much everything else. I wonder why that happens, since friendly toons should not have resistance to a cleanse. I suppose it may be related to potency of the caster that placed the buff.

Thank you! Great information. Thats odd if it doesn't remove heal debuff. I was counting on that.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Im currently taking a chance and working on Poggle...I'm not going to bring him out unt I have him at 5* epic gear.. Minimum. But I have an idea on how I want to use him after lvl 60...and I hope it works out.

Me too! I really think toons are going to get nasty at 70. Poogle is an awesome tool to have.

I also like his stun ability...attack buff then control is a potent combo.
    Thank you! Great information. Thats odd if it doesn't remove heal debuff. I was counting on that.

I think / hope it's just a bug. It happened twice to me - once cleanse is triggered, once in a while a dot remains. I had two different heal blocks (from Sid) not getting cleared, and one slow from Phasma. I wonder if there is an internal limit also to his ability. Since I still use him in rotation and just got him to gear 6 (gear 7 requires huge number of purple mats), I will pay more attention to his debuff ability.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Beginning to wish I had farmed poe from the beginning....but I think my Fett will work as well...will be a hard decision once I get him to 6* whether to go to 7 or farm poe. Really sucks most of the useful tanky toons can only be farmed with cantina creds

I got very lucky and got Boba to 7 star last week so that freed me up for Poe. As crazy as it sounds I still would have 7* Boba first even if Poe was there from launch. Boba just fits into so many synergies, is extremely durable and has so many tools. But Poe is likely to be my new tank character if his expose lands with consistency.
    Beginning to wish I had farmed poe from the beginning....but I think my Fett will work as well...will be a hard decision once I get him to 6* whether to go to 7 or farm poe. Really sucks most of the useful tanky toons can only be farmed with cantina creds

I got very lucky and got Boba to 7 star last week so that freed me up for Poe. As crazy as it sounds I still would have 7* Boba first even if Poe was there from launch. Boba just fits into so many synergies, is extremely durable and has so many tools. But Poe is likely to be my new tank character if his expose lands with consistency.

Yeah I was all over the place my first week or two, otherwise I would have Fett at or near 7* by now. But no use crying over spilled milk. I may switch to simply farming his hard missions and focusing on poe in cantina. Too many purple mats to farm right now to effectively farm hard mission toons though.
  • shampoo wrote: »

Thanks for this.. I am slowly working on him but will be more focused now. He will be a great addition to the stable! >:)

Are you saying Poggle has a stun ability?
  • Corndog131 wrote: »

Are you saying Poggle has a stun ability?

Whenever I run across him in arena, he stuns about 65% of the time with his main.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    That's ability block, still good tho. Since his damage is low you just use his attack to hopefully proc it instead of focusing the high dps glass cannons.
  • Concerning Ackbar and cleanse, I *think* cleanse is bugged right now. I've been working on my Ewok Elder and his cleanse / heal only 1 of each type of debuff, so if there are multiple dots from sid or vader it only removes 1 not all as the tool tip states. With offense being what it is I'm actually looking for some decent buff cleanse vs debuff cleanse options though, as I'd guess that will actually add as much or more survivability.
  • Time wrote: »
    That's ability block, still good tho. Since his damage is low you just use his attack to hopefully proc it instead of focusing the high dps glass cannons.

I know he's supposed to ability block...but ive seen him stun...probably a glitch now that I think about it...one round he was consistently stunning my Lumi
    Wispsi wrote: »

I see your points. I don't think it will reverse I think fights will be more dependent on synergies. The main reason I want Poe is expose and taunt. Expose coupled with Poogles offense up + say Tie Fighter or Luke is going to be nasty at 70. If Poe is a viable enough tank at 70 he could keep aggro of the squishies long enough to take out 1 or two targets. If ackbar could be used as a healer and a cleanser viably he could serve two roles with one spot.

And trust me the current meta is nothing like what it will be at 70. We are in the infancy of learning the game. And tanks, debuffers and cleansers wouldnt be in the game if they werent part of synergies. Just got to take the chance invest in unknowns and unlock them.

I for one am really looking forward to some new teams. Don't forget that with the level cap, new chars will be released (over time) and potentially new events/challenges. The meta as it stands is very new and has already had 3-4 fairly decent shifts. Expect this to continue for the near future.
    So the gears are turning in my head about the future of PvP with the new level 70 cap that is upcoming. HP's will increase, which will in turn increase heals. DPS will increase as will resistances, armor, dodge, potency and tenacity percentages. 10 more levels and 1-2 more gear upgrades a tank will actually be a tank. Potency and Tenacity are rarely spoken of on these forums but are extremely valuable percentages within the game. And they're about to increase...a lot.

So there is a good chance that the pvp meta could shift away from it's current state of either full blown aoe squads, 3 dps 2 healer, Counter attack/extra attack type teams that just try to burn the other team down quickly.... into a true RPG like classic form of tank/healer/DPS/buffer/cleanser. Using a tank in arena might not be so far fetched at level 70. I think people will shift from dps or healer heavy teams to a more balanced squad using buffers such as Poogle, cleansers such as Ackbar, debuffer and tank such as Poe and two of your strongest DPS in one team. Just a theory of course but I have some questions for people with high starred Ackbar & Poe...

What is Ackbars damage like? Is he a low hitpoint character? How well does his cleanse and heal work? How fast is his turn meter?

To the Poe users.....do you think Poe could be a viable tank at 70? What is his potency and tenacity at level 60 in epic tier? Does the expose stick reliably on at least 3/5 targets?

I would be very thankful for any feedback on these questions. I don't have Poe yet should in the next few days. I've had Ackbar for a while at level one so I am just now thinking of leveling him to 70.

I,m using only 4* Poe and Poggle with Lumi and jawas, and i'm everyday no 1 arena with all 60 lvl 7** toe pilots, leas and so on! My team manages every battle without any problem and that's all because of poe and poggle sinergise with all glass cannons very well! Poe is too good not to spend all cantina shards on him.

• Though it's not a defensive setup of course!