Dark Maul's Leader Ability

Prev1
At max level his leader ability gives 20% evasion to Sith allies. Does his leader ability affect himself as well or just allies?

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure he gets the buff too, I've been tossing around the idea of an all sith team with Darth maul leader but there is just so many good teams out right now

Couple that with the month or so to farm a character and it gets a little hectic
  • Options
    If Maul was even remotely farmable (say one hard node), I'd do the same. Mine is a lowly 4-star, with no confidence it will get high enough to stay relevant late in the game.

It is super tempting though, a fully leveled 6+ star Maul led sith team would be scary deadly.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    If Maul was even remotely farmable (say one hard node), I'd do the same. Mine is a lowly 4-star, with no confidence it will get high enough to stay relevant late in the game.

It is super tempting though, a fully leveled 6+ star Maul led sith team would be scary deadly.

Ya I agree it's hard to justify spending $1000 plus to get maul possibly though
  • Options
    $1000 won't do it
    It cost $7000 apparently
  • Cider
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am actively trying to build a full team with Dark maul as leader , mine is 7* (got super lucky in packs even tho I never saw the shines of dooku) and it would consist of Maul vader dooku Sid and Obi wan for control , I don't know if that could be viable but let's see
  • Options
    Wow you got maul 7*?
    That's awesome. What are you thinking for a team?
  • Options
    Dark maul
    Vader
    Sidious
    Dooku
    Savage oppress is okay but I think I would put Obi wan kenobi instead since he's strong in control and can dodge easily with his first skill
  • Options
    I have a 7 star Maul as well with lvl 7 upgrades. He is very weak defense wise....but has a killer AOE (if he can survive long enough to use it). I'm considering using this team that I have unlocked to try it out......
    7 star Maul (L)
    6 star Sid
    5 star Dooku
    5 star Vader
    7 star Leia (because she does 2x critical to whole team)

I believe this will be a great composition. What do you guys think?
    FTB
  • Options
    I am currently ranking 1-5 in my server for arena battles everyday. Finished 1st place today with Jedi team and Dooku attached.
    FTB
  • Options
    And btw....Sid and Dooku are very good at evasion (dodge).....especially with 20% evasion added.
    FTB
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poggle in their instead of dooku, I have a feeling mauls aoe plus sid aoe with the buff would wipe teams clean
  • Options
    I have maul, only 4* tho and love him in galatic war! Bryan why not Poe instead of leia to protect maul?
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    hxtKu1Y.jpg

Did it again today guys and gals!!! :smiley:
    FTB
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Poggle in their instead of dooku, I have a feeling mauls aoe plus sid aoe with the buff would wipe teams clean

Is poggle a good idea for Maul as leader? Because his leader ability only applies to sith characters.
    FTB
  • Options
    Btw....I have spent some money. I have been fortunate enough to unlock every character except for 4 of them. I have a 5 star yoda that I am considering upgrading and trying out. Any ideas?
    FTB
  • Options
    Nemo wrote: »
    At max level his leader ability gives 20% evasion to Sith allies. Does his leader ability affect himself as well or just allies?

Just to inform bro, Maul has no evasion. Therefore he will always take a hit.....so if he evades at all as leader, then it works on him for sure. I will have to test it out for you sometime to be sure.
    FTB
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I have maul, only 4* tho and love him in galatic war! Bryan why not Poe instead of leia to protect maul?

You know what....that is a great idea sir. I didn't even consider because my Poe is pretty weak atm. I think he is on 4-5 star to be honest. Maybe I will upgrade him and give it a shot. Will let you know how it goes if I do. He seems to be used by quite a bit of people. He is my first character to atk if I am against him in PvP.
    FTB
  • Options

Sucks that I am currently farming my QGJ to 7 star from Squad Cantina shipments. Maybe when I get him to 7, I will start farming Poe....if Poe is still available.
    FTB
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Darth*
  • Options
    Bryan1986 wrote: »

Sucks that I am currently farming my QGJ to 7 star from Squad Cantina shipments. Maybe when I get him to 7, I will start farming Poe....if Poe is still available.

Yea I stopped qgj at 5 for yoda challenge and been working on poe.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Bryan1986 wrote: »

Yea I stopped qgj at 5 for yoda challenge and been working on poe.

That Yoda challenge gets pretty serious. When I got to the battle where he has two more helpers with him (battle after he is unlocked).....he seems almost impossible to beat. Lol. I need to step my game up a bit. In 20 days the challenge will start over and we can get those needed shards to think.
    FTB
  • Options
    Hi guys, got a question about darth maul hoping someone can help. just got him today on a single chrom pull. leveled him to 50 right away and geared to him to lvl 6. after that upgraded his abilities except ldr ability to lvl 3. His unique power of hatred says "gains bonuses when an enemy is defeated for the rest of the encounter, first enemy 15% crit chance, second enemy 15% evasion" now my problem is I can't see this bonus when an enemy dies. There isnt any icon of crit chance up or evasion up at all after an enemy dies. so how do i know if the unique is even working?
  • Options
    Honestly bro unless you run into a lot of Jedi in GW he is worthless. Has no health especially since you only have him @ 4*. He is useful in the dark side battles also. He does hit very hard. But he is too **** slow and has no health. He is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars, but in this game he isn't up to par.
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maul is a complete glass cannon. Amazing dps but terrible speed and survivability. Pretty much need a taunter to guard him because human opponents will always focus him first.
  • Options
    You won't see any icon because it is not a buff. It is self-increase stats. You will note a fast and little green label bellow his turn meter indicating the bonus. It blinks fast and is gone.

He has low health, but he is great for DS missions once he has 20% of HP steal. He can self-heal amazingly.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    thnx for the explanation bert. he doesnt kinda suck. especially when you put him next to bugs like geo soldier. to be honest im still pretty happy to have them even though hes useless. to me, the game is about collecting and playing with your favorite characters. i dont care how good geo soldier or tie pilot are, im not having a bunch of no names in my team. but i understand why EA is doing this. people will always spend money and crystals to get the cool characters. then they will realize that for them to dominate arena they will have to put more crystals in for no name characters too. imagin if no name characters being no name and sucks in power. then no one would spend any crystals. they will always have **** characters being super powerful thats how they will get people to play more and sell more crystals.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Maul is far from useless. Don't believe that. Some ppl only think that Arena counts when measuring which toons are worthy.

Maul will help you a lot with the DS missions. He's invaluable for making it through the Hard ones by the end. He's also very good for Galactic War.
  • Options
    Testing atm

Maul 7
    Dooku 7
    Sid 7
    Obi 6
    Poe 7

Even if he dies first turn you have a chance still haha
  • Options
    Maul is to slow, Poe too don't waste time / ressource.

I'm talking about top 20+ in arena. Maul looks sexy with aoe and passive but for real don't use him if your plan is to be competitive in arena.

Especially low P2P players who got him from chromium 4*

If you are P2P and don't care so much about resources then go. He is really fun in GW
  • Options
    I hide my Maul with Teebo as leader. I run this combo:

Teebo (L)
    Maul
    Opress
    Sid
    Elder Ewok

It buys maul time to attack, and if defeated, I anyways have a chance to bring him back. Once his "power of hate" is triggered he's pretty much unstoppable