Can we PLEASE

Change the arena reward system so that the time of day you play isn't the important factor.

If you must stick with this system then at least let us set our own cut off times.

Replies

• I have no issues with this I just stay up and play latera
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Change the arena reward system so that the time of day you play isn't the important factor.

If you must stick with this system then at least let us set our own cut off times.

Setting yornown cutoff time is a terrible idea. It would absolutly make sniping worse by giving advantage to the pkayers who can stay up the latest smh. A set time levels the field and everyone has the same time crunch. Play it as intented an you wont have an issue or worry.
  • I have no issues with this I just stay up and play latera

Nice that you have that option.

My cut off time is 6pm. From 5pm to 6pm I'm driving home from work, and at work all day before that.

I could battle to number one when I get home, but I get no reward for it, because there is the a full day for others to overtake me before the arbitrary cut off time.
  • I drive trucks for a living and I purposely break just befor cut off time so I can jam out I to am usually driving at this time if possible I'll do as stated
  • Do a fight or 2 when you warm your car up after work before you head home ;)
  • MackemSLAM
    346 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    MackemSLAM wrote: »

Setting yornown cutoff time is a terrible idea. It would absolutly make sniping worse by giving advantage to the pkayers who can stay up the latest smh. A set time levels the field and everyone has the same time crunch. Play it as intented an you wont have an issue or worry.

How does it level the playing field when they pick a certain time of the day?

Surely being able to play just before the cut off gives a massive advantage, whether you are 'sniping' or not.

Under the current system the time of day you play is far more important than the quality of your squad or how well you play.

If I get to number one playing 'as intended' in the evening I will drop more than 50 places by the time the rewards are handed out. That wouldn't happen if I could play 5 to 6.

This is only important at very high levels, where every single place means a big change in reward.

I finish number 1 most days when I'm not at work, but number 60 odd when I am at work. I still play the same amount on both days, just at different times.

The time of day you play should not be crucial, only how much and how well.
  • I agree with what your saying but I just go with what's on offer imagine the devs problems if they allowed this though so many would have issues with it
  • How about giving rewards for the max prize level you achieved for that day? That way there is no need for rushing at 6pm
  • Jaeger wrote: »
    How about giving rewards for the max prize level you achieved for that day? That way there is no need for rushing at 6pm

This is a great suggestion.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    They will never do that, because if they do, everyone will just take turns and they will be sending out 500 crystals to hundreds of people every day.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • How about you make a choice, which do you value more. Your job and livelihood,or the game? I finish work at half 5 and don't get home till past 6 most times, but I'm an adult, I deal with it.

Do the same, or quit your job if it bothers you so much.
  • I personally would like to see arena rewards be midnight, 6pm is smack dab in the middle of work, or events, or dinner so sometimes I have to do the fights earlier, which usually isn't too bad. But yeah I would like it to be midnight, it just makes sense that the end of the day is when the ranks get locked in for rewards. Will it happen? Idk maybe. I can't recall a game that resets anything in the middle of the evening. Most games usually have a daily reset around midnight to 3 am. It's not too bad though. If I do my fights earlier I run the risk of dropping and only getting 50-100 crystals less depending on how many people attack you. Some days everyone fights you, other days no one touches you. Kinda hit or miss
  • How about you make a choice, which do you value more. Your job and livelihood,or the game? I finish work at half 5 and don't get home till past 6 most times, but I'm an adult, I deal with it.

Deary me, this post is ridiculous, beyond absurd.

I'm only making a request/suggestion.

My request is for a change that would benefit adults and people who work.

The current system greatly benefits people who play at a particular time of day. Not people who play more, or play better, or spend more, but who play at a particular time. Everyone has a time they can play and a time they can't, that shouldn't be a significant factor in a mobile game.

Clearly if people had to make the absurd choice you present between a game and their job, they will chose their job. I'm making a suggestion for a change that will mean there is no trade off, which will benefit everyone.

Why you have to get all aggressive about that is anyone's guess.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Marvel Puzzle Quest runs different "slices" with different end times, which you choose at the beginning of each event. Could be a compromise.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    How about you make a choice, which do you value more. Your job and livelihood,or the game? I finish work at half 5 and don't get home till past 6 most times, but I'm an adult, I deal with it.

The current system greatly benefits people who play at a particular time of day. Not people who play more, or play better, or spend more, but who play at a particular time. Everyone has a time they can play and a time they can't, that shouldn't be a significant factor in a mobile game.

Clearly if people had to make the absurd choice you present between a game and their job, they will chose their job. I'm making a suggestion for a change that will mean there is no trade off, which will benefit everyone.

It is by far less absurd and childish than your "But I'm coming home from my grown up life at that time, this is so unfair!" topic.

First off life isn't always fair, boohoo get over it. Secondly it is nearly impossible to please and benefit anyone so what makes you feel you're special enough to warrant change that may then leave others at a disadvantage? Because it would, don't be so naive to believe it wouldn't. And finally, it's a game at the end of the day, don't allow your life to revovle around it.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    How about you make a choice, which do you value more. Your job and livelihood,or the game? I finish work at half 5 and don't get home till past 6 most times, but I'm an adult, I deal with it.

It is by far less absurd and childish than your "But I'm coming home from my grown up life at that time, this is so unfair!" topic.

First off life isn't always fair, boohoo get over it. Secondly it is nearly impossible to please and benefit anyone so what makes you feel you're special enough to warrant change that may then leave others at a disadvantage? Because it would, don't be so naive to believe it wouldn't. And finally, it's a game at the end of the day, don't allow your life to revovle around it.

How would it leave anyone at a disadvantage to choose their own time rather than have one set for them?

I outlined my circumstances not because they are special, but because they are completely normal, i.e. there will be thousands in the same situation.

5pm to 6pm is a busy time for a huge chunk of the population.

Its not a question of revolving my life around the game, it's quite the opposite. I'm just hoping for a change that will give no advantage or disadvantage based upon the time of day someone plays.

Responses like "get over it", "life isn't fair" and "boohoo" don't add much to the debate one way or the other.