Can someone experienced give me the scoop on Darth Sidious?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
In advance, yes I know the meta will change. I'm just looking for some opinions given the constant "AoE doesn't matter now" comments I see around here.

Sidious appears to have more than just AoE. On the other hand, the times I have faced him, he's been pretty easy to burst down.

The alternative for me would be to farm shards to star-boost Asajj Ventress. Even currently bugged, she's one of my starting 5, as I love the stun on her base attack, and the way she gets an offense boost any time anyone dies.

I think boosting Asajj may be more practical. But getting to play with a new character like Sidious would be more fun. Also, my dark side team is much weaker than my light side team anyway.

Thoughts? I am one of the hard launch newbies and level 40 atm.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The most important thing about sidious, for me, is the healing immunity debuff he can apply. stopping your opponent from being able to heal key members is a great thing to have. The DoT on his AoE is just bonus. Add on his ability to heal himself a bit with every death, yours or your opponents, is very nice for survivability

I like Ventress a lot but her middle skill is fairly worthless. her basic attack has a stun chance and her AoE when well timed is very nice
  • ^ .... what Davo said. I use Sid in every PvP battle for the healing immunity on his basic. I use him for Galactic wars for his unique heal on kill ability. I can't remember the last time I actually used his special.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    his AoE dot combined with Vader's Choke DoT makes a pretty awesome combo. I just wish I could upgrade vader easier. The 5 star version of him will take some serious time
  • Sid has a nice leadership generic crit bonus that works well on some teams running both light and dark.

Also, his survivability is helped out by a tiny bit by the heal he gets whenever someone dies. He can be burned down..: but if he isnt he can be annoying to people as he self heals.

For some reason I like his DoT AoE.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies. I actually was eyeing Sidious specifically for the heal block.

I think Asajj is bugged. Her skill simply doesn't work the way it should. Even bugged, she is very useful on Chewie teams for clearing his taunt so you don't waste time fighting him. But mostly I love her stun chance.

That said... having her one star higher compared to a whole new character to play.. the choice seems obvious.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I would suggest Asajj actually. The extra star would make her a good deal better. Sidious is good if you have a team for him, but asajj is better later in the game.
  • nice revive daka. oh sorry, i meant @PoPllz .
  • He is a great low level toon I ran him on my arena team for a long time early in the game you will have plenty of time to finish Assaj if you think sidious will help you more right now. He is a more useful plug and play toon without faction or specific synergy.
  • lol this thread dates back nearly to day 1. This has got to be some kind of necro record.
  • @kyno necrolock
  • I’ve always wanted to use Sid. I have him at seven stars but only at gear one. That being said, fighting against a gear 12 zeta Sid with gear 12 Wampa under Zzader usually ends in me losing. It’s such a cool combo, vader and Sid giving dots, Wampa as well, and Wampa stunning exposed enemies which Sid brings in. Also his heal block really hurts me, even as an end game player. I think he’d do best under Vader.

Asajj, i dont use, and I’m not too into nightsisters in general, but I will say if you leave her too long in a full nightsister team then she can one shot your characters with her basic.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • It nearly is the record. @EventineElessedil
  • At 3.9M gp I don't use sidious as a regular for anything any more, except he does make a nice fill-in on a zFinn team as the AOE expose is nice there, and he still gets an occasional rotation spot on my team in TW as needed.
  • lol this thread dates back nearly to day 1. This has got to be some kind of necro record.

Oh wow, didn’t check the dates there. I was going to tell OP why they have over 4,000 replies in their profile if they’re just starting off. Oops.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • It nearly is the record. @EventineElessedil

"Strike me down, and I shall rise up . . . "
  • I feel like Zader lead, Wampa, Zaalbaar,Mission, and Sidious might be a deadly combination.
  • PoPllz wrote: »
    I would suggest Asajj actually. The extra star would make her a good deal better. Sidious is good if you have a team for him, but asajj is better later in the game.

Why dude, you are 3 years late
  • Doh.
  • This post rose from the dead on Halloween. It's a Halloween miracle! It's alive!
  • A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    PoPllz wrote: »
    I would suggest Asajj actually. The extra star would make her a good deal better. Sidious is good if you have a team for him, but asajj is better later in the game.

How on earth .... well, at least you don't seenecros like this every day.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2018
    Locked.

Please always check when a thread was last active before posting. In this case, as has been pointed out a few times, this thread's from 2015, making it just about 3 years old. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.