What characters would you like to see?

Prev1
Ok, so we literally have a whole galaxy to choose from, but here are a few thoughts from me to get the ball rolling... Welcome everyone's suggestions.

Yoda and Ki Adi Mundi - these two are just sorely missing.
Wedge, Crix Madine, Garindan, Major Panno, Nien Nunb, Capt. Panaka, General Grievous - there are so many characters that could be brought in. Grievous is a must, but we could also have species along the same lines as the generic Jawa... Defel, Shistavanen, Gammorean, are just a few examples of some really good ones
Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss - how cool would it be with an ally's help to play the original Bounty Hunters!
Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Yarael Poof, Yaddle, Depa Billaba, etc - so I know there are already a plethora of Jedi, but this is Star Wars.
Aurra Sing, Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Klaatu, Nikto, Barada - ok, so I added the last three to doft my cap to a Sci-fi classic, but wouldn't Sing be brilliant?
Vuffi Raa, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Rukh - let's not leave out the novels completely. I loved Lando's sidekick, and Noghris were bad ****.
Kybo Ren, Mungo Baobab, Jann Tosh - ok, it's maybe lower down the priority list, but I liked Baobab, and Ren was a funny bad guy... No worse than some of the stuff in Rebels!
Kyle Katarn, T3-M4, Dark Trooper, Tyber Zann - I love HK47, so here are some other old game characters that could be considered. Perhaps T3-M4 could have a repair ability for droids similar to that of healer. (Personally I'm not a fan of the healers in the game... Repairing a droid is a bit more realistic, so if I had my way I'd lose healers and introduce repair to balance out droids a bit more).

And lastly, as a gift to everyone, I'd like to see a community challenge where we could all get to pummel a team comprising of Jar Jar, Teek, Ziro, Princess Kneesa, and last but not least... Ackmena.

Replies

• Well, considering you named more then I've ever heard about, I'd have to say wamp rats, any pod racer, and baby "jesus" Ani.........but really outside of yoda, n o.g. toons, aurra sing came to mind for me..would love a bounty hunter class
  • I would like to see Darth Jar Jar aka Darth Plagueis!
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Darth Plagueis, passively can save others from dying 15% of the time, but not himself.

Wampa - stuns Luke Skywalker 100% of the time with his swipe ability, a must have in GW vs. Luke teams.

Yoda - leader ability removes all Jedi-specific enemy buffs. Can be bought in the store for $50 as part of a Dagobah pack that gives you a four star Yoda and two star swamp monster and some shards/credits. Then his ability will be nerfed down to like 30% reduction of Jedi-specific enemy buffs once sales start to fall off big.

Post edited by Benr3600 on
  • Also... Do we really need various versions of the same character? Han is Han, whether in storm trooper gear or not. I think once a player has spent time upskilling him he shouldn't have to do so again. Maybe as part of a gear addition the player could choose... Eg Luke and bespin fatigues with blue lightsabre, or Jedi outfit with green... Leia in Boussh disguise. Something like that. Also, I don't really want to have the prospect of two of one character in the same team. Only one I have difficulty on that front with is Anakin and Vader.
  • Jar Jar Binks!

Tonge attack- deal physical damage with 99% chance to attack again

Accidental bomb- deal special damage to all oppenents and double damage to droids

Gungan general (leader)- Jar Jar gives all allies 200% health and each ally gains 10% heath when they attack

Strange noises- each time an enemy attacks jar jar, they gain all negative status effects
  • Tyvokka or lowbacca or both. Time for a wookie that isn't chewy.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd like some of the rebel characters, a grown up Ahsoka would be nice with 2 white lightsabres.
    Also... Do we really need various versions of the same character? Han is Han, whether in storm trooper gear or not. I think once a player has spent time upskilling him he shouldn't have to do so again. Maybe as part of a gear addition the player could choose... Eg Luke and bespin fatigues with blue lightsabre, or Jedi outfit with green... Leia in Boussh disguise. Something like that. Also, I don't really want to have the prospect of two of one character in the same team. Only one I have difficulty on that front with is Anakin and Vader.

+1 This is my biggest concern when regular Han and Jedi Luke come out. I have luke sitting at 3 stars and i dont want to upgrade him as what is the point...better damage dealers are gonna come out and theres no way ill use luke with a rifle over luke with a sabre.

I cant believe the price of some of the pack offers too...40 quid for barriss ahsoka etc, that is a joke and it looks like the best one. I got barriss in a bronzium too
  • Jek Porkins should be in the game
  • I would like to see the assassin droids from darth vader comics..

000 and csn remember c3p0 counterpart.. 000 would be nice.. r2d2 packing a whallop..
  • nysi
    33 posts Member
    I miss Embo and seem to be the only one :( (The bounty hunter who throw is hat and fight with an alien dog)

I would also love Yoda, Grievous, Hondo, Rex, Pre Vizla, Shak'ti, Dark Revan
  • Oppo_Rancisis
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok, so we literally have a whole galaxy to choose from, but here are a few thoughts from me to get the ball rolling... Welcome everyone's suggestions.

Yoda and Ki Adi Mundi - these two are just sorely missing.
    Wedge, Crix Madine, Garindan, Major Panno, Nien Nunb, Capt. Panaka, General Grievous - there are so many characters that could be brought in. Grievous is a must, but we could also have species along the same lines as the generic Jawa... Defel, Shistavanen, Gammorean, are just a few examples of some really good ones
    Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckuss - how cool would it be with an ally's help to play the original Bounty Hunters!
    Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Yarael Poof, Yaddle, Depa Billaba, etc - so I know there are already a plethora of Jedi, but this is Star Wars.
    Aurra Sing, Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Klaatu, Nikto, Barada - ok, so I added the last three to doft my cap to a Sci-fi classic, but wouldn't Sing be brilliant?
    Vuffi Raa, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Rukh - let's not leave out the novels completely. I loved Lando's sidekick, and Noghris were bad ****.
    Kybo Ren, Mungo Baobab, Jann Tosh - ok, it's maybe lower down the priority list, but I liked Baobab, and Ren was a funny bad guy... No worse than some of the stuff in Rebels!
    Kyle Katarn, T3-M4, Dark Trooper, Tyber Zann - I love HK47, so here are some other old game characters that could be considered. Perhaps T3-M4 could have a repair ability for droids similar to that of healer. (Personally I'm not a fan of the healers in the game... Repairing a droid is a bit more realistic, so if I had my way I'd lose healers and introduce repair to balance out droids a bit more).

And lastly, as a gift to everyone, I'd like to see a community challenge where we could all get to pummel a team comprising of Jar Jar, Teek, Ziro, Princess Kneesa, and last but not least... Ackmena.

Well I think we should stick with the Canon characters for now...a lot of the ones you mentioned are from Legends, and what most people want to see is well-known characters (Films, Clone Wars and maybe Rebels)
  • My vote would be Mara Jade the Emperors Hand/Mara Jade Skywalker

Since they used HK-47 then we have to assume the games are fair play so include any old republic character like Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, or my favorite Bastian Shan Light/Dark
  • Sand.

Attack: Coarseness - +50% damage to Anakin and Vader
    Passive: Gets Everywhere
  • AT-AT
    Yeah... I said it.
  • Starkiller (Galen Marek)
  • I think young Obi Wan is good
  • Mara Jade was in the games as well...does that make her canon in this game? At least to the point just after return of the jedi. Wookiepeedia seems to think so.
  • Young obi-wan, definitely. Yoda, shaak ti, grievous,ki-adi mundi, regular han solo, jedi luke, bounty hungers like zuckuss, 4-lom, dengar, bossk and aurra sing, padme, cpt. panaka... I think this'll do.
  • Sadly, Mara Jade is no longer canon. To be honest, the whole canon / legends thing is just a pile of poodoo (I've checked... That word is still canon) - what should be important is fan favourites. Mara Jade was a proven all time favorite of fans, as was Kyle Katarn. HK47 isn't canon, but is included, and I'm glad he is; he's a great character. Besides, what's canon and what isn't has been changed before and can be changed again in the future. I admire Kathleen Kennedy and the decision she took; it can't have been easy, but that doesn't mean legends don't still have a place. Many of them are actually far better characters... Some of the original marvel comic characters were also phenomenal, and I didn't even venture that far with my initial suggestions. (For the record - leaving my last para aside, 24 of my initial suggestions were canon, not including the three generic races I mentioned, of which I could have suggested many others too, all canon... Only 10 of my suggestions were legends).
    But if this game wants to succeed them it needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. That means older players too (who are probably more likely to shell out disposable income and therefore make the whole thing more profitable) and that might mean introducing more characters that once were canon, but are now legends. There's nothing wrong with legends. Sure, there's been trash in the past (Just to be clear, my last paragraph in the initial post was tongue in cheek, although 37 years on and I'm still scarred by Bea Arthur!) but there are some excellent characters too... Don't disregard Legends just because some characters have been demoted now.
  • Yoda
    R2-D2
    Snaggletooth
    Jango Fett
    More bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back
    Jabba the Hut
    Young Obi Wan
  • Count_Meesah
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm guessing that the faces-table will unlock later and allow you to play / collect different versions of the same character. Hence the pre-jedi Luke now and not one with the lightsaber... Hmm, that doens't add up for Anakin/Darth Vader... Anyway, in characters I would want to see, I'm going for totally new characters.

In order of preference
    - Quinlan Vos, my second fave jedi after Kit Fisto
    - Yoda
    - General Grievous
    - Tyvokka, the Jedi Wookkie.
    - Jango Fett
    - Nien Nunb
    - Tarfful (badass w. his dreads)
    - Elder Merumeru (yes, dreads and yes, wookies)
    - Episode III Padme Amidala (the skimpy white outfit w. gun)
    - Captain Typho
    - Wicket the Ewok

As for skins/versions, all the logical ones:
    - Emperor Palpetine (w. the Empire affiliation dammit!)
    - Jedi Luke
    - Old man Luke
    - Basic Scoundrel Han Solo
    - Old man Solo
    - Young Ben Kenobi
    - a Rey with a double bladed lightsaber. But that probably won't happen until episode VIII ;-)
    Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • Rancor tank. Maybe it takes 2 spots even.
  • I like the idea of rancor, but not to play... To fight.
    Could bring in others like wampa, reek, dianoga, gundark... Even the sarlaac!
  • Dash Rendar
  • I had forgotten about him... Excellent choice!
  • Mace windu not the fake one we have now.
  • Droideka... With shields!
  • Other than the obvious Yoda,

I would LOVE to see General Grievous with all four lightsabers.

I would also like to see Luke with a lightsaber, Padme, Han outside trooper, Aura Sing, Young Obi-Wan, Darth Plagueis, Jar-Jar binks and many more!
  • Ok, so what about worlds? Should the environment play a part in characters' abilities? Surely playing on Hoth Snowtroopers should have some advantage? Night sisters on Dathomir? Should we have aquatic environments?